Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's OFFICIAL! 944Fest at Fisheys!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 08:00 PM
volv4life
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ladies and gentleman, i present to you exhibit A in response to if there will be drinking or not...

Last edited by volv4life; 01-25-2004 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:15 PM
Bill Foster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi: About the sponsorship for the T Shirts. How much $$ are we talking? I just bought a distributorship of synthetic fluids (oil, trans fluid, etc) and would consider sponsoring the T Shirts for a little advertising on the shirts.

And I'm only 1 1/2 hours west of Lebanon in Versailles, Indiana.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:47 PM
robinsonracing
Racer

Wow guys and gals looks like alot of enthusiasm already for "THE FEST '05" glad to see it.
What's this about drinking at fest03, funny I don't remember anything about drinking Dortmunder on tap by the bonfire, lighting off fireworks while listening to alittle live music and sharing in lots off p-car stories.
( Wow if this was a dream, please don't wake me up!!!!!!! but let it happen again this year.)
" Cuuuuzzzz wait up, I need another Dort as well."
Can't wait to See everyone. Thanks again for last year 944fest 03.

CUZ
Robinson Racing
1989 951
Slightly modified (like new plugs, maybe oil filter)
Old 01-25-2004, 09:34 PM
pearldrum944
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 14 Posts

Since, we're on the topic of 944fest '03 memories...who can forget this one...
Old 01-25-2004, 09:34 PM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 206 Likes on 134 Posts

This is going to be sooooo awesome. All the offers, I'll take you all up on them. Tshirts, HECK yea! I want the 944fest logo to look like the "944" font on the car and the word "FEST" in the porsche font, (All caps) together as one word. All you creative types slap together ideas, the best will be selected for the shirts.

Bill, we may well take you up on that offer.. plus the trophy offer sounds fabulous too.

Just to clarify, the event focus is the 4 cyl front engine Porsches.. 924s, 944s, 968s. The 928's are OK too, just a bit in the "fringe" if I can say that. Cruise in the pack but expect to be snubbed for the 4 cyl photo shoots. 911s are welcome, but will likely park by the Buicks. OK, maybe with this super turnout we can make a 911/912 parking area.

Anybody personally know someone who is key in the PCA for your region? A newsletter editor or maybe pres or VP? We need to let them know what we are doing and spread the word to the local waterboys who may not be 'listers (how DARE they!) We'll get a blurb in their newsletters as the date draws near. A few years back MOR gave me a list of local waterboys, and I e-mailed the invites.. maybe we could get the same info down there. Is there more than one region around there? SPREAD THE WORD!

OH yea.. who wants to bring fireworks?

How 'bout we invite the Lebanon Cheerleader squad to hold a private carwash for us?

Just brainstorming....
Old 01-25-2004, 09:56 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally posted by 944Fest (aka Dan P)
Anybody personally know someone who is key in the PCA for your region? A newsletter editor or maybe pres or VP? We need to let them know what we are doing and spread the word to the local waterboys who may not be 'listers (how DARE they!) We'll get a blurb in their newsletters as the date draws near.
I can handle much of this. I know or have contacts with most of the print and tv media in the Dayton area. Ive already placed an inquiry with the Dayton Daily News 'Wheels' section that is printed every Saturday so I can write an article on the Fest. Havent heard back from the Editor yet (just inquired yesterday though).

Ive got some other outlets I can work on too. Ive got all the local Miami Valley Region PCA stuff so Im sure I can get something working on that end as far as more coverage. I'll keep you posted.

Have you ever thought of contacting a local radio station to broadcast live? They usually have those mobile trailer things that look like a giant boom box on wheels. Would the neighbors gripe?
Old 01-25-2004, 10:16 PM
volv4life
Pro

lol wow.... well, do we really want to make it a public event that would attract people ? im sure the cruise we go on will get alot of attention.. dont want everyone knowing where we go back to hide afterwards
Old 01-25-2004, 10:30 PM
alpenweissisnice
Addict
Rennlist Member

Getting pumped up already...there will be a place to pitch a tent, correct?
Old 01-25-2004, 10:31 PM
volv4life
Pro

yeah.. plenty of room dont worry bout that... we have 10 acres of wide open nothingness for that

now umm... the tshirt idea.. i was thinking what dan said, and then maybee a picture of a watercooler on the back of the shirt.. sounds good to me, i'll make up a rough design and post it later to see what u all think.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:50 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

dangit! Stop it, already... its 6 months away and already I can't stand it. I think I am going to try to convince some folks at the KC Wrenching Society to crash the party with me... to heck with Indy cars and PCA events in TX...

Wade, should we start working on a set list?

Regards,
Old 01-26-2004, 12:12 AM
Jenn
Admin
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by 944Fest (aka Dan P)
They are going to have a lift there, so any wrenching that needs to be done can be clinic-style. Sadly, I don't think we'll see Scott Harrison this year, he'll be at the Parade in TX. Maybe we could get a Pcar mechanic from the local dealer or shop to be present and help out. ($$$)
I volunteer John! He had to rebuild my 951 a number of times and he has 911 experience incase there are any problems with any 911's that might dare come...

-Jen
Old 01-26-2004, 12:37 AM
nine-44
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to jump in late, I'm in as always. I should have my 954, possibly my daily 944 driven by Tammy, I'll talk mom into bringing her car atleast one day and maybe have dad's 951 there if it's done. Hmm, if we still have the other 944, maybe it also. I'm trying to pull my share for making this one the biggest 944Fest!
Old 01-26-2004, 12:47 AM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

UD.. great ideas with the publicity. Let's make the focus clear, we are after the actual OWNERS of the waterpumpers to come join us. I really have NO interest in inviting the public, even if they pay, to oogle our toys. I don't want any radio station to say "come out and see these awesome shiny German cars"..That's not the deal. The Fish family isn't expecting 1000 people..just 50 or so cars and the folks who love them. (1 guest in a car is fine, even encouraged) I'll buy grub and drink for 50/75 folks, no problem.. but when it gets to the point you need tickets to claim your lunch or an arm band for the keg, something went askew and I'll be needing to rent the fairgrounds next time. Tunes will be handled by a select DJ, and whether it comes out of a car system or a PC/stereo, it will be just to help the mood. I'm not of fan of music so loud you can't talk.. My publicity goal is to invite all of the waterboys within a reasonable drive..and as we see "reasonable" is a very relative thing!

Jen.. I wasn't going to announce HE was coming..(yet) I for one am still in disbelief. For Him to travel that far and get greasy, well.. that just wouldn't be right. He'll probably be too busy signing autographs. If He wants to wrench, join the gang! Are you planning on joining us too?
(The caps on all the He's and Him's was no mistake)
Old 01-26-2004, 12:50 AM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Originally posted by sh944
dangit! Stop it, already... its 6 months away and already I can't stand it. I think I am going to try to convince some folks at the KC Wrenching Society to crash the party with me... to heck with Indy cars and PCA events in TX...

Wade, should we start working on a set list?

Regards,
I moved it several hours closer to you AND those ATL guys.. how can you NOT come??? Glad to hear it...
Old 01-26-2004, 01:50 AM
ilikemy944
Going with the pack
is quite monotonous.
Rennlist Member

those ATL guys

I am so stoked. I will actually try to keep up on the hwy this time. I got left last time... (lol)
I have 3 other possible non-rennlisters that should be tagging along from ATL as well

Quick Reply: It's OFFICIAL! 944Fest at Fisheys!