Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IceShark Headlights = Sun

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 03:35 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up IceShark Headlights = Sun

I got the full package from Dan/IceShark earlier this week and i was impressed from the beginning at the quality of the kit. Dan was very professional in keeping me up to date on the build and provided tracking info on the shipment. Great Rennlister!

I removed my box intake and wow theres the unmolested alternator ready for the adjustable voltage regulator. That went in pretty easily and the ground strap was mounted from the engine lift point.

Then came the tough one for me, i wanted to mount the relays somewhere out of sight. I started looking for where to mount them on the right side of the engine around the intake and coolant reserve. I wanted to avoid drilling into the body if possible, took me a while but there is just enough wire in the harness for me to mount the relays on the backside of the intake box bracket. On my intake there is an L-bracket on the rear side of the intake housing that holds it to the body. I was able to mount the two there totally out of sight!

Swapped out the headlights and routed some wire and went for a drive. My initial impressions on the lighting was that is was MUCH brighter than stock. I even use to have a set of 550 Hella fogs under the bumper of my car and still just the headlights now are WAY more powerful than the previous headlights and fogs.

BUT WAIT, i hadnt even switched on the high beams yet. I had almost forgot, i was driving around in the dark night on back roads and hadnt even thought to use the high beams because of how much light the lows were throwing out!

Overall i am very happy with how it turned out and at the performance of these lights. The Cibie E-codes are great in this package! Great work DAN!
-Erich
Old 01-09-2004, 03:44 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree Erich,

Been using mine for almost a year now, HUGE improvement over stock.

I highly recommend IceSharks kit
Old 01-09-2004, 03:53 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

More reason to get the kit...i dont have the money right now, but when im back at school and at my job again, i think the first paycheck is going into a kit.

A few questions though, what needed to be done to install the voltage regulator to the alternator? Where is the engine lift point ground? Im not very familiar with electrical stuff on vehicles, but i learn quickly i guess you can say. Did the car need to be jacked up to do any of the installation, ill probably make this a parking lot install outside of my dorm if you know what i mean.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:54 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotta find the time to install mine!
These posts are what made me buy them in the first place!
Old 01-09-2004, 04:05 PM
dave120
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still haven't installed mine yet..have to do my timing belt re-tension this weekend, may or may not get to the lights..I can't wait to get it done though, I have yet to hear anything other than rave reviews about this kit.
Old 01-09-2004, 04:12 PM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in a similar situation as TechnoDuck: would the LightCannon be parking-lot installable? Oh, this is so tempting....
Old 01-09-2004, 04:26 PM
led
Three Wheelin'

I was going to install mine a couple of weekends ago but I didn't because I got so frustrated by what I thought was a cracked exhaust manifold. I found out 2 days ago that it was in fact loose nuts on the #4 exhaust. SO now that that's done I might install them this sunday, unless I pull a covert parking lot op before then
Old 01-10-2004, 12:42 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

You guys that are dragging your feet to install should at least put in the Cibie lenses and some 55/60 watt bulbs and get some immediate benefit from the better beam pattern and lens quality even if you will miss the huge extra light output from the wiring harness.

I can understand ElonDooberhead sitting on his package for awhile because he is stuck over in Baghdad a half world away from his car and has a few other things on his mind. But come on boys, it isn't that hard to stick them in.
Old 01-10-2004, 01:01 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Dan, your PM box is full. Do you take paypal?
Old 01-10-2004, 01:08 AM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awright, time for me to get off my lazy butt. I currently have some cheap H4/lense (non-Cibie) and they are rather disappointing. Time to go Full Boat.

Dan, how do I sign up?
Old 01-10-2004, 01:24 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Jon, I don't know what is going on with my computer (virus) or the connection to Rennlist. I only have 9 messages in my PM Inbox which I need to either print off or keep stored as they are open orders. Then a couple days ago a bunch of goofy computer code shows up in place of the Rennlist left hand list that had all the forums listed you could just click to visit. Well that is totally fouled up now.

Anyway, just send me an E-Mail at wraydan@msn.com and I will send you my mailing address so you can send me a check and I'll answer any questions you may have. I don't do PayPal after a girlfriend had a really bad experience with them - total nightmare. So I just take checks on this project & it has worked out with no problems. Cross my fingers.
Old 01-10-2004, 01:33 AM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Techno Duck - On my alternator everything was easily acessible and seen once the intake box was taken off. From there the power drawn from the alternator is easy to get and the voltage regulator is held in by two regular screws and tilt and pop it out. I'm sure Dan can tell you more about this The engine lift point on these cars is like an O-Hook bolted onto the block by which one can lift the engine. theres one on the front and rear of the block that i know of. Just look around the engine where the intake boot goes into the throttle body, somewhere around there you'll see it. And your last question about jacking the car up, well the instructions said to, so i did but i was never under the car other than to pick up bolts id drop thru or something silly like that. So overall i dont think one needs to jack up the car to put this on.

Also the Cibies are great like Dan said! The beam pattern and sharp cutoff point(in combination w/harness in my case) remind me of my fiances new Benz. The light output is amazing...

Goodluck!
Erich
Old 01-10-2004, 01:37 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Joe, see above and send me an e-mail at wraydan@msn.com

The new Full Boat Package build & expanded run is all done now and I think I have 12 packages left depending on if checks show up, etc. So, you can get everything right away. I don't know when I will do another build or how long a time frame it would take to do as the Cibies are apparently a delivery problem, AGAIN. But I have enough lenses under my work bench here to fill out all the harnesses.
Old 01-10-2004, 01:41 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Dan, can you take a US Postal Money order? I dont have a checking account setup (im only 18!).
Old 01-10-2004, 02:05 AM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You won't regret it Techno Duck...Dan's "full boat" kit is worth every penny!

Quick Reply: IceShark Headlights = Sun