Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT-need to rant about this place...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 05:38 PM
MacWolffe
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT-need to rant about this place...

this place meaning the complex i live in. They are startin to reall f*cking **** me off, first off, we bought the townhouse that we're living in. it has a 2 car garage and a driveway. The people living here have nothing better to f*cking do than to complain about all this ****. first we got a letter about how the hose we use to wash our cars is ugly and needs to go in the garage, then we got a letter threatening to tow my brother's car cos it was on jacks cos we didn't get to finish working on it in one day. then we got a letter about how my brother's car needs a permit to park on the damn parking lot cos they don't allow us to park 2 cars on OUR driveway. they don't even ****in alllow us to have a satelite dish cos it looks ugly and they want all the houses to look the ****in same!!! then i try to get 2 parking permits for us cos we have 4 cars, and 2 motorcycles and we don't have anywhere to put them, and they tell me 'sorry you're only allowed one parking permit per year'. even our guests needs parking permits to park overnight and they only allow us 45 days per year for guest parking. about 3 weeks ago, my car began having overheating problems, so i just park it on our driveway on ramps, i want to work on it myself to learn but i haven't worked on it cos it's cold outside and i can't work in the garage cos of my dad's vehicles. so now they come and gives us a letter about how the car hasn't moved, seems inoperable and has expired tags. now they want to ****in tow my car away. get this they have this rule which says that we're not allowed to work on any car on our driveway, oh yeah they also complained about how we have oil stains on the drive way, and everytime i pass other houses i see oil stains on them too. there's this one old lady that always complains, not to us but to the "board of directors", board of directors? this is a damn complex, not some ****in company!!!

sorry about the long post just need to write all this down before i hurt someone.

those who know me know that i'm usually a calm person.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:45 PM
iloveporsches
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any of those type of communities are retarded. Why would you ever want everything to look exactly the same? Why shouldn't you be allowed to use the property you payed thousands and thousands of dollars for whatever way you want?

I personally vow to never live in one of those communities.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:49 PM
Jay W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Everything you just said is exactly all the reasons I bought a house instead of a condo. My mom lived in a condo for many years and was always at odds with 'the association' and of course that one old lady that takes it upon herself to police the place. My mom couldnt even keep a car cover on her 928 because it made it look like she was 'storing' the car. Absolute BS and the car got weathered because of crap rules. Sure the place looks better when the rules are followed but it is at the price of everyones freedom. When you get your own place, get a house. You may have to cut the lawn and take care of the outside, but car people like us need freedom to work on our stuff when and whereever we can
Old 01-08-2004, 05:54 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,381 Likes on 509 Posts

If I lived ina place like that Id loose it too...so dont feel bad....

If I could qoute goodfellas "and when all the money is gone and theres nothing left you torch the place" Hope things get better for you-chris
Old 01-08-2004, 06:10 PM
Sami951
Drifting

Hmm.. how bad could it get if you'd show them the real meaning of stuff not looking good .. ie dump your trash in the driveway and such... or better yet, their driveways...
Old 01-08-2004, 06:14 PM
jabbadeznuts
Race Car

Somebody here in Atlanta had the same problem. He painted his house BRIGHT green. His neighbours bitched and moaned, but in the end, he had the last laugh!!
Old 01-08-2004, 06:34 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can they actually legally tow your car away from your property?

Take off work for a week and stay at home and investigate everything worth changing in the neighbourhood and report it.

Then paint your condo bright green, and if they complain paint it bright yellow.

Have fun!
Old 01-08-2004, 06:38 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You signed the agreement, you knew the rules of the association (I hope). It sucks but you chose to live there. My advice is to move.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:39 PM
david fracolli
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem when I lived in my condo complex in Morgan hill, Ca. The first complaint i got was for working on my car in the Driveway. Call the homeowners president at 10pm at night to show him my car was torn down to the bare frame and sitting on jackstands in my Garage.
I got a second notice I aweek later for having Mickey mouse curtains in my Daughters nursery.
The 3rd notice was for leaving my garage door open.
The 4th notice was for having oil stains in my driveway.
The best one though was when I got a complanit for disturbing my neighbors because I called the cops at 11pm when I came home and found out that someone had broken into my house!
What i ended up doing was having my lawyer write a letter stating that if i recievd one more complaint that we were going to sue the homeowners Asc. for harrasment. Never got another complaint over the next 6 years.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:40 PM
esanmiguel
Burning Brakes

**** on their property. Throw eggs at their house. Kill their cat and mail it in a box..I dont know..
Old 01-08-2004, 08:04 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I had to deal with every one of the problem you mentioned in my townhouse. I chose to get on the board of directors but declined the chairman position. After that, people got to know who I am and I don't get too much problems after I got to know everyone except this one guy who works for the city. They had inspectors come to my house telling me I have to park 2 cars in a 2 car garage and cannot use it for parts storage. I parked 2 cars in and piled parts on top of it so I got the last laugh. They called the sheriff's saying I am dealing with stolen cars so I showed them all the paperwork. The cop and I ended up talking about his corvette project and kicking back in my garage. I proceeded to buy more cars (I have 13 of them) and park them on the street in front of that neighbor's townhouse. I believe he was the one to put crazy glue in the lock cylinders on my 3 944 turbos before I sold 2 of them. I went and bought a big $500 28 foot motorhome (ugly) and parked it in front of his house along with my truck and trailer (with a total wreck on the flatbed trailer) and left it there for a week. He called parking enforcement to mark my tires so I drove it around the block every 72 hours and left it back in front of his house. I believe he got my message. If he tries new stuff, I am going to graffiti my motorhome to say "this neighbor sucks" in big letters right in front of his house so when he leaves the house, he can read it every time. Heck, I can change the message every day.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:17 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

BTW, if you think your CC&R is bad, I can't even leave a hose in the driveway. Guest parking is only 2 hours and towed away after that or they can ticket your car and add it to your association fee for that month. If you don't pay, they put a lien on your house. As for working on my car, they even threatened when I worked on it in my OWN garage. I had to show the building and safety department that the work is minor and I am the owner of the car. No permit on the car and park, they tow instantly. Satellite dish only if it cannot be seen from public areas. Oil stains can cost you money when they pay someone to clean it up and make you pay for it. You may want to take pictures of neighbor's driveway and their oil stains for future reference. I use my cell phone time stamp (not adjustable and transmitted by the phone company) and use my digicam to take a picture of "problems" I can complain about if the need arises.

For your information, if you have an inoperable car in your backyard or driveway IN YOUR OWN HOUSE... NOT JUST YOUR TOWNHOUSE, they can come and tow it off your property. Arnold Schwartzenegger said something interesting like this: there is a problem when it is easier to create a regulatory agency (for power) than it is to build a power plant. This is the reason I voted for the recall and voted for Arnold. Hopefully, he will cut all the fat and lots of the bureaucracy out of this state.

Board of directors is necessary since the association is legally a california corporation (non profit). They have to abide by the laws to operate the corporation. If you really want to get them, ask for records and reserve studies looking for violations. I am sure you will be able to find something to sue them (including yourself since you are also an owner). Find anything on the outside of your property (like one guy in our complex sued for mold from stagnant water and got $30k). It goes both ways, they can come after you with the rules, but so can you.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

HAHAHAHAHA, man,this is wild stuff! Ide be sooo pissed! HAHAHA You all are creative! I am totally takin' notes! HAHAHA, great stories! Ide love to have a Lambo with Tubi exhaust. Let the neighbors complain like you all stated to me and i'll give you one guess what car i get to drive to work every morning!
Old 01-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Oh I forgot, I really pissed him off when I started my 83 n/a 944 with nothing more than open headers at 7:00 am saturday morning. STRAIGHT OUT OF THE HEADERS WITH NO OTHER EXHAUST COMPONENTS. He came outside with this dumb look while the floor board of my car shook from the exhaust sound.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Minus000
Instructor

that's traggic. I think you should just go door to door and explain that you are living here now and will continue too, if they have a problem you are willing to discuss it.

Quick Reply: OT-need to rant about this place...