Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT-need to rant about this place...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 12:09 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes they can change the rules as they have in my complex as of the beginning of the year. We have a great board and cool people living around me for the most part. These neighbors are the same people who elected me to the board 2 years ago with the most amount of votes of anyone else (5 board members) out of the 72 unit complex and I declined the chairman position because of time demands. Its one guy who is a big pain in the butt. We have barbecues several times a year where everyone around the immediate area attend and hang out. That one guy and his family never attends any functions and appears to be anti social (never says hi or wave to any of the neighbors, not just me). At least its better here than when I lived in Irvine where its illegal to park your own car in your own driveway (yes they do tow YOUR OWN CAR OUT OF YOUR OWN DRIVEWAY and you cannot leave your garage door open for more than 2 hours in that HOA.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:29 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Actually Karl, I never put cars on ramps on my driveway and work on them. I think I would be shot on sight if I tried that because it would be considered trashing the neighborhood since the 2 bedroom townhouses sell for over $300k in my complex with less than 1000 square feet. By the way, many of the houses in Compton sell for more than $300k.

Learning to read fine print is common sense but never taught in classes I had to take nor did they require a law class in my psychology/economics double major, 3 years of mechanical engineering and a geology minor (equalling to a AA degree by itself) totaling over 300 units I had to take in those 5 years. They were more concerned with vector calculus, differential equations (5 courses after calculus I took in high school), statistics, macro and microeconomics (4 courses) along with a whole crap of other courses. No I don't think I slept through classes having the ability to get a 3.2 average maxing out at 35.7 units for one quarter at UC Irvine. I guess if you think education sucks at the UC system, you are entitled to your own opinion but may want to check the ranking of colleges again.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:43 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

God don't say micro/macro economics my ears hurt just hearing them...too many classes in those. I hear you on the class load, i am taking 35 credit hours for 9 semesters, 3 to go right now in grad school, fun stuff. You get my point though that it should be common sense to read over a contract if you are signing anything, again especially something worth 100k's of $
Old 01-11-2004, 02:32 AM
Boobers
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll never understand the logic behind buying a Castle under the subjugation of your neighbours. To each his own I guess.

My problem with my next door neighbour, an abandoned inground pool. The Ducks have taken over. She thinks it's cool to feed them. Now the Rats are there. My wife is freaking out. We have four kids and are afraid to let them play in the backyard.

I know we'll end up in court over this. I've talked with her about it. Has done no good.
Old 01-11-2004, 04:01 AM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

Originally posted by fty
If I lived ina place like that Id loose it too...so dont feel bad....

If I could qoute goodfellas "and when all the money is gone and theres nothing left you torch the place" Hope things get better for you-chris
the house my dad is building in florida is in that type of community, he says most of the people there are ex law enforcement (including a few fbi, police, etc. etc.) perhaps it comes with time from the job... 20 years from now i bet you are moving there

btw the rule book for his community is about the size of a highschool math text book.... way too many rules
Old 01-11-2004, 04:49 AM
944S2NUT
Drifting

Is this a condo or a townhouse?
Old 01-11-2004, 04:49 AM
944S2NUT
Drifting

Old 01-11-2004, 05:05 AM
ERAU-944
Race Car

Originally posted by 944S2NUT
yes.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:38 AM
MacWolffe
Advanced

townhouse. i'd understand better if the people who complain would come to us first before going to the HOA, my next door neighbor tells us what his problems are and we work on not doing the same thing again.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:16 AM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally posted by Boobers
I'll never understand the logic behind buying a Castle under the subjugation of your neighbours. To each his own I guess.

My problem with my next door neighbour, an abandoned inground pool. The Ducks have taken over. She thinks it's cool to feed them. Now the Rats are there. My wife is freaking out. We have four kids and are afraid to let them play in the backyard.

I know we'll end up in court over this. I've talked with her about it. Has done no good.
That's actually one of the main reasons right there. With a worthwhile HOA, they will already be on this problem, sparing you from having to take it to court yourself. Depending on how long ago it started, they might have even had it resolved by now.

Just be thankful you aren't trying to sell your house. Your neighbor has driven the value of your house down by her actions, thus potentially robbing you of some of your investment.

BB.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:49 AM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

Marco when it goes bad it can really get bad. The condo needs rules of course but sometimes folks use them to harass. I was on board for awhile and could not believe the number and tone of the bitchin. The most memorable complaint was somebody raggin about their neighbour being very loud in bed and this was disturbing... She apparently was enjoying sex. i guess the complaining neighbor wasn't getting any. I moved.

Quick Reply: OT-need to rant about this place...