Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rollbar in-Car Running too

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 07:26 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 472 Posts
Default Rollbar in-Car Running too

well first off thanks to Socal and Frwilk for the helpful electrical diagnosis, my no start turned out to be the ignition switch...pheww...

Second my car is almost ready for the next AutoX season...Rollbar in and new corbeau in. Here are a couple shots-

I have a few questions about AutoXing, what do they check during the tech inspections? and are there different classes for modded vehicles? As far as vehicles that are gutted ect.? thx-chris

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Old 12-31-2003, 07:50 PM
jc22
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know much about autocrossing but I'm sure they have different classes for different levels of modification probably including interior gutting.

BTW, what kind of rollbar did you choose?
Old 12-31-2003, 08:19 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like it maybe a Redline Rollbar from our man John Hajny.

I hope to buy one sometime this year.
Old 12-31-2003, 08:25 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Its a Safeguard Rollbar, that i purchased from Dan G. (thanks again dan).
Old 12-31-2003, 08:52 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My bad, looks good though
Old 12-31-2003, 08:55 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

No prob Dave, by the way your car looks incredible and with 400hp its gonna be great on the track!!!! -chris
Old 12-31-2003, 10:12 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

That certainly looks identical to my bar (the above mentioned redline), which I bought new w/paperwork... Do you have a website for this "different" roll bar?
Ahmet
Old 12-31-2003, 11:49 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

here's the link-http://www.homestead.com/redlinerenn...guardPage.html

Is the redline Bolt in as well? How stiffer does it make the fram of the car?
Old 01-01-2004, 01:47 AM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey!!!!!!!!

You're all right! It's my bar, of course, you silly boys. Dan G would be Gallagher I presume. Wish I got residuals on used sales!

Good eye Dave!

You will get dinged without interior and likely get booted into modified or bumped up a class where, either way, you'll get your butt kicked.

I wouldn't look for it to stiffen anything. Sure is a nice way to mount harnesses though!

By the by, there are a lot of rumblings about instructors not getting in cars that have race seats & harnesses, but no roll bars. I'll be building a batch sometime this spring if you feel like getting in early!!

www.redlinerennsport.com
Old 01-01-2004, 02:28 AM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Well that answers that huh? Hey John, what do the tech inspections check ? Brakes, tires ect? Whats the deal with the tech inspections? THX -chris
Old 01-01-2004, 02:31 AM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its john's bar under different names, i picked it up form him at hershey last year and sold it because i stepped up to a cage.

john- somewhere between the time i ordered the bar and the time we met at hershey i started working for a shop down on the island and as part of my massive winter upgrades list i got a great price on the cage and the bar had to go to fund the deal.

chris- in metro ny you just got bumped to M4 (for the weight reduction by removing carpet and such) to give you an idea of what that means, you will be running against adrial & his co driver brother , john (wormhole) and myself w/ co-driver erik..... view mod lists for the previous 3 cars and decide which class you want to be in...

i am just out having fun, some people want to try to win all the time... if you want to win all the time id say you put a passenger side seat in and run stock class im sure nobody will care because car work aside adrial and his brother are like robots who go to every event possible for 3 different clubs and i think john has been at it for a few seasons

are you planning on drivers ed next year?

also for more class info and what exactly tech looks for see the autocross section of metronypca.org .... tech wants to see things like propperly mounted seats/belts, throttle return spring functioning, brake pads, tire tread, lug torque, car is 100% empty.. just basic stuff

Quick Reply: Rollbar in-Car Running too