Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anderson? - You've created a monster!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 06:00 PM
*Michael.*
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is up with the Huntley Racing website??
Old 11-30-2003, 09:56 PM
David Ray
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a rumor in the local PCA that they're shutting down ops (closing).
Old 11-30-2003, 10:52 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Dave
I'm glad that David is happy with his purchase.
I've tried to stay out of this thread because I don't want to come off sounding like I'm "out to get" AMW. OTOH, I worry when I see replies like RMills944 or some of the others, I fell into the "(engine=$X)+(labor=$Y)=(total=$Z), yup, I can spend $Z" hole and I don't want to see others do the same thing. If you are not in the same geographic area as an engine builder (whether it's Anderson or anyone else), what happens if there's a problem? Who's job is it to make things right? In my case, I budgeted $5000 to replace my shortblock, I have receipts for double that amount! I actually typed up the whole story (2 1/2 pages) in word with the intent to post it as a "don't let this happen to you" thread, but as I said above, I'm not out for revenge and I'm not sure it would have been taken as I intended. Heck, I'm still advertising him in my sig! For his part, John told me that he was rethinking weather or not it was a good idea to be shipping engines to places where he could not service them when there was a problem, hopefully he has come up with a solution or is keeping his business closer to home. If you are looking to buy, know the details ahead of time, ask who's paying when a new motor doesn't last long enough to fully warm up, it can happen, even the best builders are human and can make mistakes. If you're the one footing the bill, make sure you're readdy for ALL the bills that might come your way!
I agree 100 % as I am living this nightmare of trying to debug an engine that was built 3000 miles away.
Old 11-30-2003, 11:59 PM
David Ray
Burning Brakes

For the guys/girls that are apprehensive I plan on treating this post like a diary with the good and the bad of a N/A conversion. So far the break in period is going fine with just a minor problem with the A/C belt but everything else is holding together. The next chapter will be the PCA Willow Springs event on Dec. 13-14. That's where we'll actually be able to capture performance data of a "NA with a turbo problem".

'Til then....
Old 12-02-2003, 02:59 AM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

I have a ton of pictures on the build, I'll try and get them up as soon as possible. For those of you that are calling, this is for you :-)

Take Care
Old 12-03-2003, 01:12 AM
David Ray
Burning Brakes

John - I may even let you drive the car one (1) lap with he governor on!! Tell Joe not to forget his tools and the Beer!!! I don't drink macro brew so tell him to bring the Sierra Nevada or Stone IPA. See ya

Oh, BTW the heat shield fell off somewhere between your shop and 52?? JK'n
Old 12-03-2003, 01:19 AM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

Don't worry, Joe will NOT be in charge of the drinks, the guy drinks Bud Weiser...I'm not a beer drinker, but doesn't bud belong in the refridge of a double wide? LOL...I'm thinking of something with a little more punch to it. As far as tools, we have the track box...but we won't need it :-)

The heat shield was programmed to do that. How else can I get you to stop by once in a while?

See you at the track!

Quick Reply: Anderson? - You've created a monster!!!!