AGLA Steering wheel restoration ,wheel kits,and more

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 04:34 PM
AGLA
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AGLA Steering wheel restoration ,wheel kits,and more

AGLA STEERING WHEELS RESTORATION ,SHIFBOOTS AND STEERING WHEEL KITS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first post to all of you in Rennlist. Many of you may know AGLA from advertising many years in Panorama and Excellence
We got things going this week for me to start being a sponsor . I am very happy to communicate what is it AGLA does. AGLA restores original steering wheels to oem specs .I have had clients world wide now over many years making variations of Porsche items available in stock, custom colors and even alcantara .

Starting with the our wheel kits- Our wheel kits cover the spokes on all our kits 4 spoke wheels 911E were all the same design.We even have a kit for the odd 4 spoke 911 e wheel of 75-77 that looked like an airbag but was not.Most people threw it out for an aftermarket wheel back then .These wheel kits come with the leather as Porsche made it - covering the spokes ,pre-punched holes , thread kits and instructions. form what i understand 3 spoke 911 wheels were an option -we have that kit also

My web site explains this in more detail at the Porsche page at www.aglausa.com

Possibly our biggest item we make here for the 911 at AGLA is wheel restoration.We restore the wheels back to oe specs .We handsew them covering the spokes - we make them like new again with all new leather.
On all wheels we can even customize them by putting in more padding to make it thicker.However my experience is that 912 owners want to get back to how they were originally.We can also salvage old/rare aftermarket wheels such as the old Racemark wheels that alot of 70's 911 had back then.

You can see a lik to a ebay page also I have for wheel restoration

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...1715&viewitem=

We also make the leather shifboots. We sell them through many vendors of mine however some will only sell black or brown.We have rare colors like linen ,grey beige and others odd special order colors.
We also make the complete **** and boot unit with either 4 or 5 speed emblem that looks like the oe black emblem . We even have rare dog leg 5 speed emblem if you prefer.

Other items we make for the 911 is the handbrake unit that covers that ugly exposed metal grip on the emergency brake.They never came that way however we cover a leather grip and the leather continues on down to the floor.I started making those years ago for my on old 911sc targa .I saw that exposed metal that I thought was quite out of place.There is a picture of it at my porsche page at www.aglausa.com

Feel free to ask me any questions about steering wheels ,shiftboots and *****.I like to think after all these years I have gotten a sense of all sort of issues when it comes to the main items you interact the most when you drive your 912.

So thanks for stoping by and reading my post starting out introducing myself and AGLA to all of you at RENNLIST-THANKS

ALAN GUN,President AGLA,inc.( alan gun leather accesories )
1 800 780 4500
Old 03-24-2009, 12:59 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Alan,
You totally screwed me when I sent a 4Runner wheel to you for recovering a few years ago. I'll never forget that.

Some history...

Andreas
Old 03-24-2009, 03:39 AM
AGLA
Former Vendor

andreas
l am sorry.Its so easy to pile on and try to get your revenge from one wheel kit. - I have been at this for 20 years . You had an issue with me and i admit I must have gotten it wrong.I am not a expert on 4runners and we blew it - however I do appologize.However I am not a theif nor am I scamming people here.How can I be in business all these years . I reported earlier other rennlist sponsors I know have had issues it happens to all of us.I do busineesiwith 90% of the current sponsors' list - from the largest to the smallest -that a part of any business especailly over a 20 year period -some are not going to be happy - you just can not make each and every customer happy.So some of you have decided to pile on me as if I was never in Porsche Panorama andExcellence for 20 years advertizing without incident and now for 7-8 years in Ebay and the web.So I now come to the 50000 rennlisters and run into some of you who do not like me -It is people/companies like me that are trying to sustain Rennlist.They want me to be here and a have a good experience. So if 5 - 6 of you over a 20 year period of 1000's of customers I have an issue with me don't like me -Fine -I accept it.Now I have seen several of you trash just about every company you can-How can any of us be in business making and selling this stuff if we are just so HORRIBLE.You have not a clue what I have to do making these items.
I am now seeing the same names pop up bad mouthing me since i started to be here in Rennlist. Its easy to pile on in a internet forum and repeat the same story.I have better things to do than to post up emails and letters sent to me many who have been happy with my work.
I am not going away and i will report any of you who do interfere with me being a sponsor to the moderator.Once was fine - but if you insist I will.
So fine go ahead bring it on-I will still be here.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:05 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Well, after reading this, I would never do business with AGLA and would discourage others from doing so as well.

Not because of Andreas' experience per se, but AGLA's response. AGLA admitted to Andreas that they are "sorry" and they "must've gotten it wrong" and they "blew it", yet I don't see any mention of a prompt refund to Andreas for all his expenses, including shipping charges incurred. Incompetence followed by hubris; nice job AGLA. Must be some former AIG employees there working there, sounds like.

In their response, AGLA says they're not thieves. But a thief is someone who takes money from someone that doesn't belong to them. Unless AGLA refunded the money they took from Andreas, then they are indeed thieves.

Why would I ever do business with someone who admits they did shoddy work, are sorry that they got it wrong and blew it, yet still keeps my money and avoids my communications? I wouldn't.

Thanks for your response AGLA. That's what's costing you potential customers.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:05 AM
TYNUSKT
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm going to pile on just because it's the internet. I just think it's funny Andreas immediately shut things down on AGLA again. Sounds like it's not really about having an unhappy customer here and there (which in any business will happen no matter what), but it's more about the resolution between AGLA and the customer that made things worse.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:18 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

After reading AGLA's past business conduct with Rennlisters and now reading AGLA's response, it sounds to me like AGLA should go in business recovering wheels for LA Dismantlers. They'd make a good match.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:24 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

What a mess!
Old 03-24-2009, 10:19 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AGLA
andreas
l am sorry.Its so easy to pile on and try to get your revenge from one wheel kit. - I have been at this for 20 years . You had an issue with me and i admit I must have gotten it wrong.I am not a expert on 4runners and we blew it - however I do appologize.However I am not a theif nor am I scamming people here.How can I be in business all these years . I reported earlier other rennlist sponsors I know have had issues it happens to all of us.I do busineesiwith 90% of the current sponsors' list - from the largest to the smallest -that a part of any business especailly over a 20 year period -some are not going to be happy - you just can not make each and every customer happy.So some of you have decided to pile on me as if I was never in Porsche Panorama andExcellence for 20 years advertizing without incident and now for 7-8 years in Ebay and the web.So I now come to the 50000 rennlisters and run into some of you who do not like me -It is people/companies like me that are trying to sustain Rennlist.They want me to be here and a have a good experience. So if 5 - 6 of you over a 20 year period of 1000's of customers I have an issue with me don't like me -Fine -I accept it.Now I have seen several of you trash just about every company you can-How can any of us be in business making and selling this stuff if we are just so HORRIBLE.You have not a clue what I have to do making these items.
I am now seeing the same names pop up bad mouthing me since i started to be here in Rennlist. Its easy to pile on in a internet forum and repeat the same story.I have better things to do than to post up emails and letters sent to me many who have been happy with my work.
I am not going away and i will report any of you who do interfere with me being a sponsor to the moderator.Once was fine - but if you insist I will.
So fine go ahead bring it on-I will still be here.

Alan,
I'll make this very simple. If you want to report me to the forum moderators for telling the TRUTH about my experience with you - go ahead. Have at it. I have nothing to lose. I've contributed a hell of a lot to this forum - you have not.

Fact - I sent the steering wheel from my 4Runner to you based on all of the good things I had read about you. My wheel was faded, but otherwise sound. You ruined the wheel. Yes - you ruined it. If you want to make good on this - buy a new Toyota 4Runner steering wheel and send it to me. Otherwise, I maintain that you screwed me out of quite a bit of money and left me with a pathetic excuse for a recovered steering wheel.

Those are the facts. Feel free to respond as you wish...

Andreas
Old 03-24-2009, 10:52 AM
md11plt
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's mine. It's quite a read.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ferrerid=39883
Old 03-24-2009, 11:09 AM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These two long time RL members and generally fine people (Andreas and Thomas) had experiences they shared here and those experiences were key in helping me choose another shop to do my alcantara parts (over a year ago).
And I thank them.

My point: The damage was already done. Years ago.

This is one of the most valuable resources this site provides. References for product and services.
The vast majority of sponsors here are excellent!
Old 03-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,371 Likes on 794 Posts

I'd like to see examples of the work they produce. Not stock photos, but actually pictures of customers' wheels.

FWIW, I've heard good thinks about the shop with Dallas in the name (can't remember the rest)
Old 03-24-2009, 02:45 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

Alan, if you are 1/10th the businessman you claim you are, please publically apologize to both Andreas, and, especially, Thomas and refund their money in full. That would go part way to restoring your name in this community.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:02 PM
mike993c2s
Burning Brakes

I usually don't get involved in these disputes, but I feel the need to pipe in (it is an internet forum after all). Alan, I understand that you have been in this business for a long time, and that you may well have thousands of satisfied customers, and I understand that you sometimes cannot satisfy everyone. My problem is with your response to Andreas. To try to suppress someone's experience/opinion on a forum like this makes you look very bad. It is unprofessional (along with the numerous typos) and speaks negatively about your business practices.

If you do have thousands of satisfied customers, let their testimonials speak for you. Unfortunately, I have yet to see a positive response from a satisfied Rennlist member to your thread here.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:13 PM
AGLA
Former Vendor

Rennlist

I am taking care of andras with a new wheel.I honeslty had no clue he had an issue with me .So I do appologize _ make alot of wheels so I can not remember each issue not do I log in every detail of what happens. i am not even sure of his name and address but I'll get it from him.
As for Mr Sila.I don't know - He has been lets say diificult and his reason for me not redoing the wheel
was that he sold it.He did not send it elsewhere to get recovered or send it back. I have gladly offffered to redo it.besides that he just keep hammering away at me.I have tried to appologize - he goes onto PM to telling me that " he wants to destroy my business" .I have no choice but to contact my lawyer - and rennlist itself and discuss interenet law and thats all I can say actually about the subject on Mr Sila.
Thanks
A gun
Old 03-24-2009, 03:27 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AGLA
I am taking care of andras with a new wheel.I honeslty had no clue he had an issue with me .So I do appologize _ make alot of wheels so I can not remember each issue not do I log in every detail of what happens. i am not even sure of his name and address but I'll get it from him.
Alan,
I am pleasantly surprised to read this. I have no problem giving you my address right here:

Andreas Walter
12349 Pans Spring Ct.
Ellicott City, MD 21042

aowalter@comcast.net
  • Toyota part number: 451000W090C0.
  • Russel Toyota parts department: 410.788.8400.

Andreas

Quick Reply: AGLA Steering wheel restoration ,wheel kits,and more