Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Looking for a 930 Turbo...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 01:08 AM
Chris Fanning
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are looking for something that's modified so much like the one in your link then just find an SC that has been turbo'd.. 25-35k you will have one that has the 930 suspension, good set of wheels, some serious engine work,and is the exact same thing as the 930 minus the VIN number..

true 930's get rather expensive when they are low miles and nearly 100% stock.

ask yourself what you actually want to do with the car. drive it/appreciate it. or garage it/appreciate it.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:16 PM
ahenthus
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 930hunting
Hey guys, I am a new member to rennlist. I have always been a fan of the 930 Turbo as I was growing up however never had the $$$ for one; until now!

No specific price range, just need the following:

- Under 50K Miles
- Prefer a warm climate car
- Silver/Black/Red as color options

I have one car I have been seriously considering down in Florida.

Here is the listing: http://www.globalautosports.com/car/...upe-77861.html

I assume most members on here prefer "stock" cars (correct me if I am wrong) however I feel the upgrades on this particular car are tasteful.

Questions that I have:

What kind of maintenance and repairs should I be concerned with when purchasing this car or any Porsche 930 Turbo. I am OK with an initial investment but don't want to bleed out money on repairs.

How would this compare to a '96-98' Turbo in terms of repairs, driving and overall cost of ownership?

I know most of you guys are very familiar with these cars and appreciate any feedback you can provide. I look forward to picking up a car soon and joining this community.
Nice going guys, I think you've run 930hunting off. Actually, I'm kidding. I think 930hunting has more in common with a budding NBA star than with the normal hardcore 930 driver. That car was, indeed, horrible. I think the his description of the car as tastefully upgraded is all that needs to be said. It may run like a top and be well modified mechanically, but the cosmetics were a crime against humanity and who needs 2000 watts of stereo (or a stereo at all) in a 930. I'm not fond of flaming other posters but maybe it was the humane thing to do in this case. With all the other comments about bling, tastelessness, etc I believe he's probably sought shelter in a Lexus or Cadillac forum. He should gain more acceptance there.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:48 AM
TTownThomas
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd bet money that 930hunting is the SELLER trying to stir up interest I that car.

Quick Reply: Looking for a 930 Turbo...