Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

my '79 is up for offer :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Mang
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a FYI, another '79 at above 'market' a$k...$125k.

http://www.canepacollection.com/deta...-10490818.html
Old 05-23-2013, 10:51 PM
richard181
Instructor

That car looks great. Probably too nice to drive.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:51 PM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Canapa design in Scotts Valley is "a cut above all the rest" when it comes to collectable cars. Last I visited, he had FOUR 959's in for service (he makes them "Federal Legal) along with several Mercedes Gull Wings. He knows where ALL the cars are and if you want something special, he WILL get it for you, for a price! You name it, he'll find it. The black '87 930S was first quoted to me @ $175k, but after my "a little high" comment the price was corrected to $150K. I would suspect that the cars he offers have been completely gone thru, resealed and "whatever" before they are put up for sale. If you have to ask him the price, you can't afford it............
Old 05-23-2013, 11:54 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

In the end an ask can be whatever the seller feel he or she is comfortable with. Now whether you get it in 1 month or 3 years that's a whole different story. Some sell cars because they need to, others sell cars because they want to. Which category one fits in will determine the asking price. Canepa will have a car sit for years until their price is met...imo most do not fall into that category or don't want to fall in that category...sometimes it's just nice to sell and move on.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Mang
Advanced

Just a little bump to stir up interest? Still zero people have viewed my 930. I think if someone were in the maket for a show winning caliber car and offered me a 'fair' price, I would consider? Anyone?
Attached Images  
Old 07-21-2013, 02:37 PM
Mang
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mang
Just a little bump to stir up interest? Still zero people have viewed my 930. I think if someone were in the maket for a show winning caliber car and offered me a 'fair' price, I would consider? Anyone?
Open to ALL reasonable 'market correct' offers.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:22 PM
bmwtmx
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts

Because your car is not worth anywhere near what you are asking. Better off keeping it so you don't lose your mind trying to convince someone it's worth something that it isn't. It's a beautiful car so enjoy it.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:02 AM
Mang
Advanced

Originally Posted by bmwtmx
Because your car is not worth anywhere near what you are asking. Better off keeping it so you don't lose your mind trying to convince someone it's worth something that it isn't. It's a beautiful car so enjoy it.
Present ask is $69k seems like a fair price to me. Please understand, I just went through this with my Mangusta. I tried telling the world just how nice it was and the German buyer who stepped up, paid $115k, flipped it 6 mos later for $256k (all documented)...

This 930 deserves the same consideration, that's all.

The world needs a place for SPECIAL example cars, not the junk that flips between dealers. I stand behind the higher valuation on my 930, not losing my mind, thanks.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:43 AM
nikojo
AutoX

How do we get a hold of you Mang??
Old 08-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Mang
Advanced

Originally Posted by nikojo
Private message me? I am in Lake Tahoe.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:09 AM
nikojo
AutoX

For some reason I can't tell how to PM you?

When I click on your username there are no options to send a message.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:07 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Mang
Present ask is $69k seems like a fair price to me. Please understand, I just went through this with my Mangusta. I tried telling the world just how nice it was and the German buyer who stepped up, paid $115k, flipped it 6 mos later for $256k (all documented)...

This 930 deserves the same consideration, that's all.

The world needs a place for SPECIAL example cars, not the junk that flips between dealers. I stand behind the higher valuation on my 930, not losing my mind, thanks.
I see where your coming from, why should someone else make the huge money and not you. While that is understandable, it's not always the case. Problem lies with no one really knowing you as the seller. Most big money buyers purchase big money items from sellers whom they dealt with in the past or sellers who are well known in the industry(whatever that industry is). That is why in your case, consignment may be your best option. I have sold many items that have been flipped by others. The way I see it is, I got my offer I could care less what they get. It is what it is..such is life..
Old 08-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Mang
Advanced

For some reason I can't tell how to PM you?

When I click on your username there are no options to send a message.
I sent you a private message with my email and cell phone. Sudden surge in interest...?
Old 08-11-2013, 09:59 PM
Mang
Advanced

Regarding knowing me and my cars....many do. That is why I shared the Countach and Mangusta stories with ya'll. my other cars were big time award winning cars and I wasn't shy about sharing their quality, they are easily researched here on the Internet. This 930 at $69k, there are a lot of people pondering. It will race right through this valuation in short time, someone gonna step up, I can feel it

Originally Posted by speednme
I see where your coming from, why should someone else make the huge money and not you. While that is understandable, it's not always the case. Problem lies with no one really knowing you as the seller. Most big money buyers purchase big money items from sellers whom they dealt with in the past or sellers who are well known in the industry(whatever that industry is). That is why in your case, consignment may be your best option. I have sold many items that have been flipped by others. The way I see it is, I got my offer I could care less what they get. It is what it is..such is life..
Attached Images  

Last edited by Mang; 08-12-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:37 AM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 276 Posts

Car looks great! I hope you get the $$$$! :thumbsup!

Quick Reply: my '79 is up for offer :)