Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

my '79 is up for offer :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 09:00 AM
Mang
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, still for sale. Worth every penny. Condition (original paint, etc.) like this makes it so.

I wish someone respected here would come check out this car and report to everyone THEIR opinion of it, there would be a race to buy it, I am that confident. FYI, my Mangusta, (which I told everyone clearly was amazing)....I 'gave away' for $115k half a year ago, is being 'flipped' months later for $256k. I'm tired of leaving $ on the table!

Get to know who is selling and the quality of their cars....when I am selling, - BUY! I am not a dealer or big mover of cars, as mentioned. Sold Countach, Mangusta, and now 930.....in a period of 7 years, don't miss this 930!

....looking for a collector! Only finding 'flippers' :/

Last edited by Mang; 01-18-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:07 AM
Mang
Advanced

Ok it's 4 months later, has the market moved up to my a$k yet? Lol...still feel someone ought to take a look!! You won't be disappointed!
Attached Images  
Old 02-05-2013, 03:02 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I hope you get it...
Old 02-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Mang
Advanced

I have to get my ask or I WILL regret selling. Everyone tellin me I'm gonna regret selling, that I know, but I am kinda tired of missin the bigger $$ by selling too soon or for too little and flippers are makin big with my nice cars. Even at my a$k I feel it is worth more DUE TO CONDITION...this is not like the other 90+% of the 930's out there...it is another special car...somebody gotta be looking for the right car, not the right 'deal', and again, it is a deal as you are very rarely gonna find another this clean, original, black.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Mang
Advanced

I chased around and acquired the missing radio *****. So original radio is complete and going back in. As soon as I can I want to do a proper extensive photo shoot of the car in detail. Traveling a lot prevents it from happening at once, sorry.

Sorry to go off topic, but in my pursuit of '*****' I ended up with a few extra parts, if anyone sees something they need, lemme know, you can help me offset the cost of all these radios
Attached Images   

Last edited by Mang; 02-05-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Mang
Advanced

Any interested buyers out there? Tell a friend, they will thank you up and down!
Attached Images  
Old 02-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Ghosteh
Burning Brakes

Received 172 Likes on 96 Posts

If you had a factory radio for an '85, I'd be interested.

(I'm not even sure which model it would have been)

Looks like you have 2 choices with the 930; be patient or reduce the price until it sells. Like you, I always seem to sell too cheap & regret it later. If you don't have any pressing needs, I'd just hang onto the car & wait until the right buyer comes along.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:11 AM
Mang
Advanced

Appreciate the kind words of support, yeah, just hanging now for 4-5 months since I publicly offered it. So far ZERO people have shown interest, lol. I'm pretty sure the whole world knows its for sale too.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:16 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Nice car, but if your intent on 69k, I'd put it on consignment at sloan, rpm, cannepa, etc or the like.
The market is the market, either your ask is a litle too high or you're not marketing it to the right clientel. The advantage of these high end dealers/brokers is their wider appeal for these type cars, even internationally.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Mang
Advanced

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Nice car, but if your intent on 69k, I'd put it on consignment at sloan, rpm, cannepa, etc or the like.
The market is the market, either your ask is a litle too high or you're not marketing it to the right clientel. The advantage of these high end dealers/brokers is their wider appeal for these type cars, even internationally.
I thought that was what the Internet was for! Lol. It has been sitting on Anamera's sight, so the Europeans can find it, sitting on FerrariChat's sight, so lots of astute collectors, etc can find it, advertised here, so you all can see it and perhaps mention to other Pcar lovers, but of course you are correct, there are still other avenues. I may lower the price soon to hopefully lure a buyer....the car is exceptional...sound like a broken record, sorry.
Attached Images  
Old 02-15-2013, 11:43 AM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

That's a beautiful car Mang. I have sold 2 cars that went for more money later on. In truth I really didn't care. I did not want to hold on to a car for a long time in the hopes that the right buyer would show up. Sloan,RPM and other dealers are in the business of letting cars sit indefinitely. When I decide to sell one of my cars, I want it gone with a price I feel comfortable with.....not the potential market.

Once again the car looks great. Hope it goes to good home. GLWS my friend.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:15 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Agree, great looking car!
The places you mentioned are second and third tier, I'd list with sloan if you have the time to wait.
But, I think the car would be gone at 59k. jmo
Old 02-16-2013, 02:21 AM
Mang
Advanced

I am open to offers.... I have softened on 'budging' as I appreciate the Pcar folks here, so if anyone is seriously seeking an amazing 930! Contact me and let's get this car to someone who is gonna love it. It is everything you think it is and more....fact!

Last edited by Mang; 02-16-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:31 AM
Mang
Advanced

I should warn that I am away and return on the 25th of this month to Lake Tahoe (where the car is garaged), so I won't be able to show it until then. I will be at the San Siro in Milan watching AC Milan host FC Barcelona in champions league if there are any futbol folks around here
Old 02-16-2013, 06:59 AM
Mang
Advanced

One more comment because it could be helpful...I can arrange a PPI local to the car with an excellent mechanic that knows the car and has serviced it for the past 15 years, if we get that far.

Last edited by Mang; 02-16-2013 at 07:39 AM.

Quick Reply: my '79 is up for offer :)