Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

1988 930 strosek FS on ebay- I am inspecting today- advice to look for in an 88?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 09:54 AM
notthd
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 168 Posts
Default 1988 930 strosek FS on ebay- I am inspecting today- advice to look for in an 88?

Hey guys,

I am considering another ride to take some abuse so I can keep my 30K miles 930 in her current conditon. That being said I thought a G50 car in mid 60-80K miles on it with current maintenance records in the $28-38 would be the car I was looking for.

Something to drive more often, not worry about how far away from other cars I park, and be able to drive her more spirited on the track with less stress of damaging the car. Since the car has been body modified already I don't think it would take away value if I had to touch up paint, say if I spun off and said hello to the tire wall.

Is there anything in particular about the later year car than my 85 euro I should be looking at? Here is the car and ad. It is local. If anyone else is interested in the car and would like me to look at something for you ask away.

Cheers, Mike

the link- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140294975684
1988 Porsche 911 Turbo Coupe. It is finished in silver metallic with silver leather interior. Car currently has 69,XXX miles on it. VIN # is WP0JB0934JS050322.

This great Turbo sets itself apart from all of the others due to it's Strosek body kit, white gauge faces and Racing Dynamics wheels. A very striking look indeed!!

According to the owner, the car runs VERY strong and does not leak any oil whatsoever. All gauges work including the clock. The car has been owned by the current owner for 3 years and prior to that, the car resided in Arizona. Be sure to notice the Porsche Certificate of Authenticity (Kardex).

In December 2005 at mileage 68,100, the owner spent $5000 to get the car properly sorted. Services included:

- 60k service - replace gaskets, seals, oil (synthetic), filters etc.

- Replace rear trunk lid shocks

- Adjust valves and cam timing

- Service transmission

Car also features an Alpine AM/FM CD stereo (removeable faceplate) and Cobra alarm system.
Seller only noted a few minor flaws with the car:

- Some paint wear to the bottom section of the lower body kit near the air intake. Can be easily re-sprayed and made to look new - consistent with a car that is driven

- Minor wear to the drivers side seat bolster piping - can be re-dyed

- 3 of the wheels have some abrasions - see picture of one of the wheels

Old 01-23-2009, 12:02 PM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting car. Engine looks pretty stock, how about the turbo? Find out when the clutch was replaced. On the lower valance side covers, you should spray them with the OEM rubber paint before you respray them silver. This will diminish rock damage to the finish. If all of the bushings at each end of the shift mechanism are worn out it may mean immature drivers or hamfisted shifters. (People who rush shifts). Pretty car! Good luck with it.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:40 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The current bid at 31k is probably on the high side imo for that car.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:57 PM
tlarocque
Three Wheelin'

Received 70 Likes on 34 Posts

notthd- have you seen my '89 for sale? black/beige, 72,000, fresh from 15k interval servicing.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:16 PM
notthd
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 168 Posts

TL- I have seen your car. Not that there is anything wrong with your car as a choice, I just did not want to have 2 black 930s.... want some variety. Another bonus for me was this car is only 15 miles from me. Ironically it started life in Tempe, in your back yard. Off subject but I lived in Lichfield Park for 6yrs while working at Palo Verde. I loved Phoenix and the night life- miss it.

The car turned out to be very nice. No leaks what so ever. Service work up to speed, shifted and boosted as expected. Tight and rattle free. It is an authentic Strosek kit and not a cheap knock off and I could not find any evidence of body damage and or repair. Interior shows her age.

The owner is a great guy and we actually have mutual friends. He never drives this car. Less than 1K miles in 4 years. He also stated he would not come off 40K. It's worth it, but IMHO it is going to take a certain buyer.

Cheers, Mike
Old 01-25-2009, 12:28 AM
tlarocque
Three Wheelin'

Mike- very cool. I don't blame your for wanting a little different color, just thought I'd throw it out there. I have a buyer who wants the car PPI'd this week but if you decide you have any interest, I'm about to let it go in the mid-$30's.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:33 AM
3.6conversion
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tlarocque
Mike- very cool. I don't blame your for wanting a little different color, just thought I'd throw it out there. I have a buyer who wants the car PPI'd this week but if you decide you have any interest, I'm about to let it go in the mid-$30's.

TL what's the staus on your 89? I don't know if I have seen it listed.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:09 PM
shelbygtkr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats what happens when people post forsale ads in the forum section and not in the classified section, makes it harder to find and often gets passed over

link:

https://rennlist.com/forums/911-turb...989-930-a.html
Old 01-25-2009, 12:24 PM
tlarocque
Three Wheelin'

thanks shelbygtkr. car is still for sale but I have a buyer in FL that wants a PPI this week. let me know if you have any interest.

TL
tlarocque@***.net
602-326-4708

Quick Reply: 1988 930 strosek FS on ebay- I am inspecting today- advice to look for in an 88?