73 911 rs replica for sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 02:36 PM
ferraripete
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 73 911 rs replica for sale

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...spagenameZWDVW

i know this does not properly belong here but it is a fantastic machine despite not being a blower car...brian keith smith from our turbo group knows this car also.

a dear friend of mine is with regret, selling his 73 911 rs recreation. i wanted to post here among my friends in hopes that the good word spreads or that an f-chatter was to transact. there have been some neat cars showcased in this section in the past and this is certainly another.

i have never seen a 911 rs clone done to this level. the car began as a 73 911 t having spent its whole life in riverside, ca...a true zero rust car! the project began and was planned as a quick resto and on the road in 6 months type of endevour. that was the last time sanity was seen...4 years later and a blank check budget...emerging from the shop was a total 911 feast for the senses! simply an amazing car with no detail left untouched and sorted to a level you would expect from a mater racecar fabricator.

the description from stem to stern...the trunk is so perfectly finished and detailed, it is almost a shame to have to close it. the interior is so filled with detail you just cannot take it all in...even the rear seats are equiped with schroth harnesses! the roll bar is nascar level construction and finish (the current owner worked for a well known nascar team as a senior fabricator) and painted to match the body. the engine compartment is hospital or clean room like sanitary. of course the motor is is big bore and very, very strong! the suspension and brakes consist of a best of the best list of parts and are also fully sorted...corner weighted and yes it really handles!!! the rubber trim and brightwork is all new and simply perfect!

on the road, it blows my mind. it weighs in at 2080 lbs on the scales w/ 6 gallons of fuel and thus makes a tasty hp/lb ratio. fuchs 7 and 9x16's and a torque sensing diff. do little to keep the tires from smoking!!! what fun this car is and sorry to see my firend sell.

i hope you all enjoy the pictures on the e-bay listing and if you know an interested party...send them over for a bid!

thanks folks,

pcb
Old 02-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts

Not only doesn't it belong here but you, not being a member, shouldn't post for sale items AFAIK...

Renncop badge coming off now. And the listing doesn't work here nor in the ad you posted on Pelican Parts..
Have Brian re-post it with a good URL in the 911 forum, even in the DE forum...
Old 02-12-2008, 03:10 PM
ferraripete
Racer

gary,

i was not at all intending to do anything to get the masses to turn on me. i have seen many cars that have been for sale listed on this site in various threads. this listing belongs to a close friend of mine and also a good friend of brian's.

i really did not mean any harm and do know that many among our group (i do include myself in the group despite not being a paid member) are enthusiasts that enjoy great cars. i simply thought i was doing some good in listing.

sorry if i offended.

best,

pcb
Old 02-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts

No problem at all with me Pete, just telling you (my understanding of) the rules here for posting. I may be wrong too!! That's why I said to have Brian re-post, as the link needs fixing anyway.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:24 PM
nathanUK '81 930 G50
Race Car

I want to see the pictures now after reading all that
Old 02-12-2008, 03:37 PM
ferraripete
Racer

nathan,

i re-posted a working link on pelican parts. have a look. not the best pics imho but you will get an idea. a real serious car!

and no worries gary. as mentioned, i have no financial interest in th car and actually hate to see it being sold. i'm sure brian will be shocked as he knows what went into the project both in man hours and cubic dollars.

best,

pcb
Old 02-12-2008, 07:09 PM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 112 Posts

was taht car ever in south Florida?
Old 02-12-2008, 07:52 PM
ferraripete
Racer

no, never in south fla. built in concord, nc...suspension finished in atl.

...currently in orange county.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:35 PM
wolf300tt
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy Cow!
Ferraripete when I am ready to sell one of my cars, will you write an ad for me?!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 73 911 rs replica for sale