Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989
View Poll Results: Which is more collectible?
1997 Carrera 993 Narrow Body
7.69%
1988 930 Turbo Cabriolet
92.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

930 vs 993... as collectibles

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 05:41 PM
pkrasusky
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by niche
Man, I miss that Geo... got more tail in it than I care to admit.

EEEEK! Me not sure me wants to see what kind of "tail" you got in a Geo, thanks!

Take a chill, kick back, and enjoy the company here.

Like others said - cars are rarely an investement. IMHO you'll get more "enjoyment" out of a 930 than a 993, kinda an apples / oranges comparison.

Good luck, enjoy.

-Paul
www.krasusky.photos.us.com

ps. agreed, loose the shameless sig promo...
Old 12-16-2007, 07:07 PM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The last Exellence that I bought said that Cabs were slightly more than a comparable coupe. I wouldn't want one but them boys in California must like'em.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:37 AM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just noticed something. All the ignorant replies are more "users." Makes sense... So let me clarify... I (me, myself and I ONLY) don't care.

EEEEK! Me not sure me wants to see what kind of "tail" you got in a Geo, thanks!
As a 16 year High School kid in sports... even the ugly cheerleaders where 8's. This is Southern California so that means a 10 in CT... stop hating.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:54 PM
nathanUK '81 930 G50
Race Car

Im a super user. That must make me really bad...
Old 12-17-2007, 11:33 PM
niche
Drifting

No... only applies to "users" Any thing that starts with "super" can't be all bad... For example: Superhero or even Superbad (which was a super good movie). Those are the rules.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:05 AM
Colin Emerson
Instructor

I thought it was only the 928 guys who pulled out the snobby "why don't you pay your dues for a membership", or "don't be cheap" comments. I am a "user" and probably always will be. The other forums(other interests)I visit only charge for placing classified ads which I am more than happy to do and will continue to support them that way. They do not charge people to have the right to belittle other "users".
Old 12-18-2007, 11:29 AM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

I don't care about the membership thing. I get what I see as value out of the site so I paid for it, thats just my personal choice.

As far as the question of the thread goes... Its been answered pretty well IMO. Cars are a poor investment end of story. Especially if you're going to use them. You can buy run and sell them at good value if you know the markets and can do some if not all of your own service. Many of these cars are reaching the bottom of their decay ( in price ) curves and therefore can be used at a cheap price but few if any will be sound investments. Just my 2 cents Flame away at me now!
Old 12-18-2007, 12:38 PM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by niche
No... only applies to "users" Any thing that starts with "super" can't be all bad... For example: Superhero or even Superbad (which was a super good movie). Those are the rules.
Oh, you mean like Superjerk?

Ok, so let me get this right.. because you paid for a memebrship and got red letters that say "Rennlist Member" and you've got a whopping 54 post (about nothing substantial) that makes you special, and thus to be listed as a user makes one "really bad" or less than you...?

I'm sorry dude, I'm just not impressed.. you've got "wanna-be car guy" written all over yourself. You show-up here and wanna bash people who consistanly contribute to these forums with both thier experience, wisdom, and advice.. of which you appear to offer none!! Do you have any idea how long this site has been around without you?
I have friends here that are lifetime members and good friends with the owners and moderators because of there contributions to the site in it's earlier days... oh, and they were "users" as well... so bite your tonge wimpy.. before you get banned.
Go polish your 993 and remember to tuck in your gold chains and other bling as you do so.. I wouldn't want you to scratch your paint. You should probably pass on the 930 purchase...I just don't think you're worthy!!
Old 12-18-2007, 01:52 PM
niche
Drifting

Yup, my previous post about users" still holds true... you misspelled tongue.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:54 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Internet Muscles
Old 12-18-2007, 01:58 PM
niche
Drifting

Man, you girls--Ahemm.. I mean guys are so sensitive... I really don't give a rat's *** if you are a member or not. It's only 15 bucks for crying out loud.

This little bitch spat began because I thought it ironic that a "user" was complaining about the quality of posts on a site for which he(she) doesn't have enough regard to support...
Old 12-18-2007, 03:59 PM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah Wimpy.. I realized I misspelled tongue, I at work and should be doing better things than on the computer going back and forth with some wanna-be so I figured it wasn't worth correcting.

The "user" complained about the quality of the post as it was deserved. Support has nothing to do with the fact that one is not a paid member. Many "users" support the forum, and the "user" community at large by sharing their years of knowledge in dealing with these cars with others who are in need help on an issue, a purchase, a particular modification etc.. that's the true support. Not the lip service which you have thus provided through your introduction to this forum.

Further, your measly $15 although welcomed I'm sure.. is a mere drop in the bucket.. as there are advertisers here as well that provide Support above and beyond your $15 bucks! I see also that with payment of your "support", you took no hesitation in including a link to your web-site advertising your services! Nothing like a cheap way to drive business ehh?

Frankly, right now.. you just seem like one of those guys that brings nothing to the table but lip, but because you paid, you think you should be able to bash anyone that hasn't.
Not the case my friend.. you've been flamed!!
Old 12-18-2007, 04:29 PM
pkrasusky
Racer

Wow... first playing the "user" card (pretty sad), then pedaling that broken bike again and again and again and again (with your 56 posts, most of them in this sad thread)... *now* you're on to busting on *typos*!???

HA!

Way to make friends there chiefy.

Can we consider this "collectible" thread dead and stop kicking post-mortem equines??? Hopefully, just hopefully...

Time to head on back to the 993 forum Javier... you'd think it was obvious you were swinging alone in the breeze here...

Geesh.

-Paul
www.krasusky.photos.us.com
Old 12-18-2007, 09:51 PM
niche
Drifting

You know, I kinda wanted to keep going, but can't think of anything to continue our cat fight? Should we let it go or brainstorm to make it more fun? I'm on the fence...
Old 12-18-2007, 10:16 PM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 335 Likes on 155 Posts

On the fence huh?...Well the "PAID" and "UNPAID" members on Rennlist emailed PM'd today to start a new poll...so here it is:

As it turns out our "friend" did not buy the 930 Cab or the 993 but settled on something much more appropriate (his real estate buddies from San Diego sent me this link of his latest purchase):

Over 'N' Out
Yasin

Quick Reply: 930 vs 993... as collectibles