911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Me, My Zork, And Some Vids...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 09:57 AM
Cajun
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Me, My Zork, And Some Vids...

Hey guys, I know we all like to see some vids, so I thought I would post a couple up.

Just got my GHLs & Zork on the car...(Thanks fellow Rennlister JBrown - GREAT transaction...)

Got her buttoned up only to realise that the clutch is slipping badly under the strain of the new power level. Anyhow, here are some vids!!!:

I AM SOOOO GOING TO JAIL IN THIS THING...

First - Me at my buddy's dealership letting him hear the new setup (Greg Z)...You have to excuse me, I am clowning all of our rice rocket friends at the end of this video and making a silly face!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCXqFqIEocM

VID # 2 - Simply me pulling out of his shop. If you listen closely, you can hear the car "pop" and "gurgle" as I position myself in traffic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csyxJ3jCfQQ

VID # 3 - Me getting on it a little bit just to get an outside perspective of how loud the car actually is. It feels REAL strong, but the clutch is pretty bad...My local speed guru thinks I could be losing more than 25% of my power under full boost/load. After putting some miles on the car last night, I am inclined to agree...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McwxgCRcpKU&feature=user

Hope you guys enjoy!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 10:23 AM
pkrasusky
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, that turbo whine is PRICELESS. Sounds like a Peterbuilt. No, Cat D7 Dozer! Nice! What's the decible level like @ cruising speeds though? Drone?

Sigh, them thar Ruf wheels make me feel all funny "down there" 8-). Your car looks fabulous with them and the tint.

Being the noob I am, what's the deal with amber indicators? What years did the cars get them, and, any suggested sources? I *hate* criminally indistinguishable red indicators on any car, and always felt the ambers set the rear off nicely.

Good luck on your clutch saga. Only feedback I can provide is to beware SPEC. They make fine clutches - when they send you the right one. Had some pretty ****ty customer service with them and my former //S6. And they went as far as using an OE pressure plate and scraping off the @#$%^ OE serial numbers!!!

I've got a center-sprung OE until in mine, feels great.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Cajun
Burning Brakes

Actually, it is funny you should mention Peterbilt. The car sounds like that when I am driving around...exhaust, turbo whine, clutch, shift, repeat. The car sounds VERY SIMILAR to my Uncle's Peterbilt!!!

Driving around with the windows up, the "noise" is totally bearable and there is no problem carrying on a conversation. When the radio is on at a normal level, you can only hear the exhaust under heavy excelleration. The problem is, I don't want to use the radio when I am in the car now! I try to ride around with the windows down and enjoy the exhaust...
Old 11-30-2007, 11:37 AM
early85944
Pro

Good vids, looks like fun
Old 11-30-2007, 01:49 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Cajun, sounds nice. I wish I had a coupe. I would have kept the zork. Have fun.
Jbrown
Old 11-30-2007, 05:01 PM
Cajun
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JBrown
Cajun, sounds nice. I wish I had a coupe. I would have kept the zork. Have fun.
Jbrown

Thanks again for the smooth transaction.

The car is nice with the windows up. I am enjoying the Zork, and the headers have made a big difference. It is cool going down the road and hearing the turbo spool even when you are not on boost...
Old 11-30-2007, 06:27 PM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Cajun...

Nice ride great sound.. enjoy that puppy!

Sent you a PM...
Old 11-30-2007, 06:31 PM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

[QUOTE=pkrasusky;4831788]
Being the noob I am, what's the deal with amber indicators? What years did the cars get them, and, any suggested sources? I *hate* criminally indistinguishable red indicators on any car, and always felt the ambers set the rear off nicely.QUOTE]

Dude.. those are just the Euro tail lenses.. they will fit from 69 to 89..

Check sleeze-bay, or the used parts ads either here or on Pelican. Item is still available new also..from Pelican, Performance Products etc..
Old 11-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Black930
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow cajun what exhaust setup r u running sounds great man. im running a full b&b setup n it so quite compared to yours i love ur sound more vids please
Old 11-30-2007, 10:53 PM
DDD
Pro

930s look pretty bad *** in black. Nice car.

My neighbors all seem to know when I come and go now that I have a zork pipe, and I live way out in the woods.

I was pretty impressed by the power increase from headers and a zork. Felt like 30 hp to me.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:10 AM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Cajun
It is cool going down the road and hearing the turbo spool even when you are not on boost...
Care to share with us, how this concept works?! You must have a really rare one off turbo...!
Old 12-01-2007, 03:58 AM
Jitters
Racer

Wow! Great sounding PCAR. I've been considering buying a zork tube but didn't know exactly how it would sound. Sign me up...

Jitters
Old 12-01-2007, 05:08 AM
911addict
Three Wheelin'

Great exhaust sound.
Very unusual turbo sound?
Old 12-01-2007, 08:41 AM
Cajun
Burning Brakes

For those of you asking about the turbo sound, perhaps I am describing what I am hearing incorrectly, you will have to forgive me, this is my first Turbo car...

What I am hearing is the turbo spinning even while I am not on boost...at idle, if you listen very closely (especially in the second vid), you can hear the turbo whistling. While driving down the road under a load, and NOT on boost, I can hear the turbo whistling pretty clearly/loudly....of course when I get on boost, it gets much louder. The sound reminds me of the sound you hear when you drive a big truck.

It's my understanding that the Zork actually helps the turbo spool faster & it also magnifies the sound of the turbo. Before the headers and the Zork, I was running stock headers and a B&B muffler. I could only hear the turbo when I was under hard boost. Now, I hear the turbo ALL the time.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Cajun
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Black930
wow cajun what exhaust setup r u running sounds great man. im running a full b&b setup n it so quite compared to yours i love ur sound more vids please
I have GHL headers with heat (Fiancee' won't ride in the car in cold weather if there is no heat), and I removed my B&B muffler & replaced it with the Zork.
That's it!

I will post more vids soon!

Quick Reply: Me, My Zork, And Some Vids...