Me, My Zork, And Some Vids...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Cajun
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by The Flying Dutchman
Here's a reply from Holland

Saw your vids some days earlier on Youtube.
I know ylou bought it fom antoher forummember.

Wondering where I can buy it in a shop in the US( The adresses are probably on this forum, nad I just have to use 'search')

good luck with the car and it's sounds! I likt it a lot!
www.fabspeed.com

Go under 911 Turbo, and the Zork is the 5th item down. $250.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:32 AM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 50 Posts

www.rarlyl8.com

Brian makes some great products. I had taken my zork off over the summer as it was pretty loud for the city but having watched the videos I think I am going to put it back on. Even bought a new 934 style wastegate dump pipe to compliment the center exit.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:40 PM
DDD
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Flying Dutchman
Here's a reply from Holland

Saw your vids some days earlier on Youtube.
I know ylou bought it fom antoher forummember.

Wondering where I can buy it in a shop in the US( The adresses are probably on this forum, nad I just have to use 'search')

good luck with the car and it's sounds! I likt it a lot!
I bought mine from Rarlyl8 at this forum, and his prices are better than Fabspeed. He also will talk to you personally and help you out with the shipping, so I would recommend him over the Fabspeed version.

Functionally, the only difference is that the Fabspeed version is adjustable for length whereas Rarlyl8's version is fixed in place. The actual pipe is identical.

So you can check both versions out.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Black930
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey cajun hows the car running? do you still like the sound of the zork? im thinking of getting one any advice?
Old 12-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Cajun
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Black930
hey cajun hows the car running? do you still like the sound of the zork? im thinking of getting one any advice?
I love the sound of the car. I would not change a thing. I would recommend doing it, BUT if the police are real sticklers in your area, be prepared for a potential hassle from them. People will hear you LOONNNNGGG before they see you...especially if you are driving in a "spirited" manner.

Having said that, my 930 is not my daily driver. So I can't tell you how I would feel about it after say 3 months of listening to it day in and day out...but then again, I am one of those guys who likes tastefully loud exhaust.

I am not sure about your area, but here in the south, there are so many 4x4s with loud exhaust, I can't imagine the cops hassling me over one of those guys with glass-packs on their V8s...

All in all, I HIGHLY recommend it and would do it again in a heartbeat. Just remember if you do it, it can easily be reversed...
Old 12-10-2007, 08:47 PM
DDD
Pro

Originally Posted by Black930
I would NEVER even think about getting a zork in the city. Not in a million years.

When I pass a building, my zork echoes like a jet airplane. I get nervous driving anywhere near town center with this thing because I like to floor it and EVERYBODY can hear how fast you are driving.

The other thing is that whenever you take your foot off the gas, the zork backfires continuously and it really sounds like a machine gun when you come off high rpms.

I kid you not, some paranoid people will probably think it is a drive by shooting.

I love my zork, but for the city? No way.

My two cents. Trying to save you from future hassles.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:26 PM
Black930
Rennlist Member

DDD that is to funny drive by shooting. lol being that im from the bronx I can relate and thats one of the funniest things bc its actually true.lol
Old 12-11-2007, 10:03 AM
pkrasusky
Racer

Originally Posted by DDD
When I pass a building, my zork echoes like a jet airplane. I get nervous driving anywhere near town center with this thing because I like to floor it and EVERYBODY can hear how fast you are driving.
Heh heh heh... this is likely the deciding factor for me - I don't need any more "tells", red car is bad enough. I think you can here my gutted cat OE exhaust coming 2 miles away when "I'm driving" 8-). Sounds like the simulataneous ripping of 6,000 phone books in 1/2.

Still trying to figure out that magical cloaking device, I am...

-Paul
www.krasusky.photos.us.com
Old 12-11-2007, 02:32 PM
DDD
Pro

Cloaking device?

Paint your car in that invisible shielding like the Predator alien in that movie and then you can drive by people with the exhaust backfiring and they will all hit the pavement.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:24 PM
pkrasusky
Racer

_EGG_ZACTLY!_

Too funny.

I'd go with some sorta radar absorbing matte black on all me cars - if only CT here didn't pretty much soley rely on laser 8-)...

Or just slow dow.................naaaaa...

-Paul
www.krasusky.photos.us.com
Old 12-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Black930
Rennlist Member

slow down?????????????? thats not an option.lol
Old 12-11-2007, 07:45 PM
JGMACHINE
Advanced

Sounds sick...

Your not going to jail... I can hear you V1 when you started it up!!! It has saved my *** many times.

Quick Reply: Me, My Zork, And Some Vids...