Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Imagine Auto EFI conversion, how many of us have them?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 02:58 PM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 111 Posts
Wink

I don't think I have any gold chains thick enough to qualify as a Lambo owner!
Old 01-05-2008, 03:02 PM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Sorry to report, I don't think I own a gold chain thick enough to qualify as a Lambo owner. Just kidding, those cars look awesome, but at a cost of 5:1, I'll stick with P-cars.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:08 PM
tjr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Lambo sounds amazing - agreed it is a bit "chest wig and medallion" though! I wonder how long the Lambo engine lasts with that much power - I'd guess around 20k miles before needing a major rebuild at what, $50-$100k?

I'm not a fan of the Corvette - it looks (and is) just too crude. The GT on the other hand is just lovely!

Last edited by tjr; 01-05-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:48 PM
M5_965turbo
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bogey1
Sorry to report, I don't think I own a gold chain thick enough to qualify as a Lambo owner. Just kidding, those cars look awesome, but at a cost of 5:1, I'll stick with P-cars.
"Everyone" has a Porsche wouldn't you agree? The Lambo is the next step up..
Old 01-05-2008, 07:04 PM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

i agree to a degree, especially in your neck of the woods. P-cars are all over the place, but your C2T stands out in a crowd. There are not too many of these left on the roads. If you narrow it down to those in great shape, the exclusivity goes way up. Add in cars in excess of 600 hp, and I think it narrows the field again..... Now if $$ are no object...., you win there! The thing that will make your lambo great is that you will DRIVE it, while others seem to pose in them) Enjoy it Mark, and post a picture or two.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:49 AM
911addict
Three Wheelin'

bogey, lets have some vids (&pics) of your car asap!!
Old 01-06-2008, 11:02 AM
M5_965turbo
Track Day

Originally Posted by 911addict
bogey, lets have some vids (&pics) of your car asap!!
+1
Old 01-06-2008, 12:12 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Screw the video, the phone call I got the night he got it was better than any video. Since Phil is a long time friend and customer he has my cell and home number. I am sitting at the table after teaching TKD class and the phone rings. I answer it and hear, Um, my headlights don't work. I replied...Phil I swear I dind't touch your lights! He starts laughing, no no he says, they only hit the ground when I am shifting other wise this thing squats so bad I can see the birds in the trees. LOL. Several nights later, phone rings again. He says listen to this and I did not prompt him. I hear his buddy say what the hell is a matter with the headlights! LMAO. The phone calls between the two of us during the process were priceless.

This car was great, worthless in the first three gears and in all reality not making much boost
Old 01-06-2008, 01:39 PM
AndrewM
Pro

Can't wait to have these headlight problems when I get my 930 back!!!
Drew
Old 01-06-2008, 01:41 PM
M5_965turbo
Track Day

Originally Posted by PorschePhD
Screw the video, the phone call I got the night he got it was better than any video. Since Phil is a long time friend and customer he has my cell and home number. I am sitting at the table after teaching TKD class and the phone rings. I answer it and hear, Um, my headlights don't work. I replied...Phil I swear I dind't touch your lights! He starts laughing, no no he says, they only hit the ground when I am shifting other wise this thing squats so bad I can see the birds in the trees. LOL. Several nights later, phone rings again. He says listen to this and I did not prompt him. I hear his buddy say what the hell is a matter with the headlights! LMAO. The phone calls between the two of us during the process were priceless.

This car was great, worthless in the first three gears and in all reality not making much boost
I still think we need some pics & vids
Old 01-06-2008, 03:16 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL someone needs to help Phil make those. That car seems to drive its self even with two hands. I agree, some 60-130 runs would be great.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:33 PM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

As the good Doc said, I am technology-challenged, but I have a friend that I think can help. I will see what I can come up with, without getting arrested.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:45 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

So is EFI and a GT35R the ideal combination for a 500+hp 930/965?
Old 01-07-2008, 04:09 AM
JBL930
Not Forgotten

Thanks for the response, i've been away for the xmas hols too and only got back yesterday.
18 MONTHS!! what on earth went wrong? I understand that you're not allowed to name and shame but could you elaborate a bit on what happened and why the ridiculous time involved, if you've already answered these questions on another thread could you post the link so i can read up, cheers!
Anyone else with this conversion and their impressions please speak up, or PM me, cheers

Originally Posted by bogey1
Jonathan: been off line for about three weeks. Like i had said in a few old posts, the time involved on my EFI conversion was over the top, but not fairly understandable given a few unforseen supply problems. The duration was not due to lack of effort. My car took about a year longer than expected, yep, a year. In total, it took about 18 months. I will not cast stones, but there are board supporters that I feel should be "outed" for lack of professionalism, and IA sucked it up for both of them and took the heat with from me, in spades.
Now the good news: the conversion is simply awesome. I have had the car out on the road a bunch, and its not only fast as hell, its extremely smooth, responsive, and has much more low end grunt. I certainly did more than the EFI, but I think the $$ spent maxing out CIS, and just do the EFI upfront. Live and learn. I am not one to post much of a boast, but i took a green Murcialogo (spelling??) from about 40MPH to the top of 4th gear twice a month or so back. I had a solid 6-8 cars on him, pissed him off big time, and he was a sore looser to boot. My next mod will be a 6 speed.

Quick Reply: Imagine Auto EFI conversion, how many of us have them?