911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Chet Masangcay has passed away.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 11:38 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Chet Masangcay has passed away.

I have lost a friend and we have lost a member of our community. Many have seen Chet Masangcay(Chet 930) on these Boards for years. He was always willing to help when he could. I have known Chet for many years. Less than two years ago Chet’s wife passed away giving birth to their child. Chet was then left to raise three children on his own. He was a great father and did all the things that need to be done in a situation like this. Every time I talked with him it was like talking to Mr. Mom. A few weeks ago Chet came down with Valley Fever and fell in to coma. He never woke up from it and passed away on April 21st.

I would like to enlist the board to contribute to a fund I will set up to help his children in the years to come. Not only have they lost their mother, but now their father. I can’t even imagine and am filled with huge sorrow and grief for his children and him. I am at such a loss for words. What a way to start a young life. Chet I have no doubt is in a better place, but his children I am sure are left with questions and no answers. At least we can help.

Please say a prayer for Chet and his family. May he rest in peace.

If you are interested in helping please email or call. I will be contacting his family to set the fund up
Old 04-25-2007, 12:42 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stephen:

I'm so terribly sorry....I've been to Chet's house in Tracy several times, and he graciously loaned me his cat converter to get my car thru smog. Although I didn't know him that well, I consider myself fortunate to have met such a wonderful gentleman. He will be missed.

Chuck
Old 04-25-2007, 01:31 AM
SoCal Mike
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, life sure does throw some nasty curve *****. Chet was always a gentleman and asset to the board. RIP Chet.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:55 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

OMG,
This Put things in perspective real fast , RIP Chet ,
please post the info when available Stephen...
Old 04-25-2007, 04:17 AM
CSquared2k
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am very sorry for your loss, and as a stay at home dad now I understand how hard it is raising a child let alone three. Please post fund info whenever you can. Again I am sorry for your loss.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:17 AM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

How old was Chet? Not that it matters, but I was curious.

Very sad to hear that he and his wife have passed away, leaving 2 children behind on their own.

Thanks for letting us know Stephen.
And keep us informed on the fund.

Brian
Old 04-25-2007, 10:05 AM
125shifter
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Godspeed Chet.

Let us know how we can help.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:07 AM
srf506
Three Wheelin'

Kind of pulls you back into what's really important. My wife passed away in 1995 leaving me with my four daughters to raise. All I can say was it was an experience!! Fortunately they're all grown and doing well in spite of my influence.

Stephen, as soon as all of the funds details are set PM me or leave word on the site and I'll be glad to contribute.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:13 AM
sand_man
Drifting

I saw Stephen's post early this morning, but just couldn't find the right words. Hours later, I'm still at a loss for what to say. I honestly feel like someone has taken a Louisville Slugger to my chest...this is so very tragic and sad
Old 04-25-2007, 10:23 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

I was trying to teach a kids Tae Kwon Do class at the time I got the email. I let them get a drink and I went to check my phone and saw the email. I figured it was him. I had been talking with his friend and knew he was in the hospital and knew it was bad. I just didn't know how bad. I almost couldn't finish class.

He passed from Valley Fever which is a fungus that is normally treatable. Less than 1% die from it.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:39 AM
schnele
Rennlist Member

I saw this over on Pelican, and I couldn't believe it, I often think of my own mortality and how fragile and fleeting life really is... I am deeply saddened by this especially since the children have lost both parents. Let me know how I can help, this is what community is about, even though we don’t shake hands and we are out there in an insensitive and sterile medium we all touch each other on some level, though it may be as silly as the pride we take in our passion for cars we are bonded by this common thread. May the grace of God be upon his soul and his family.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:47 AM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 151 Posts

Wow...I'm at a loss...ironically, I was thinking on the weekend about Chet and if he had sold his car as I knew he was serious about letting it go. Boy this is sad...what are the ages of this three kids Stephen?

Yasin
Old 04-25-2007, 10:48 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Roxanne and I were talking last night about a talk Chet and I had. He was debating coming to get the car with his oldest son and driving back. His exact words were "Life is short sometimes and you never know what can happen. It would be nice to spend that time with him, I could use the time to get away, anyway" Unfortunately he ran out of time and had the car trailered it back to CA rather than driving it..
Old 04-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Olli
Racer

This is awful news and extremely saddening. My condolences to the family and friends. Like the others, I would like to help.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:05 AM
LeonardZ
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Very sad news. What I enjoyed about Chet's post , he was always friendly to everyone. A gentleman to all....he will be missed.

Leonard

Quick Reply: Chet Masangcay has passed away.