911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Chet Masangcay has passed away.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 11:50 AM
jimculp
Shop Rat
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to contribute as well once the fund is set up. Do the kids have Godparents? Who is taking care of them?

Last edited by jimculp; 04-25-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:01 PM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts

Stephen -

My condolences to you, Chet's family and any others that were close to him. While I did not know him personally, I did have the opportunity to converse with him on the BBS and would like to help in any way possible. Having two best friends that have recently lost their fathers has given me considerable opportunity to think about just how precious time can be with those that you care about. I can't imagine what his kids are going through but am sure that the support of their father's friends will help provide them with the strength that they will need to get through this.

Regards,

Rob

Last edited by SGOGT4; 04-25-2007 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Dave 86 930 Fl
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Chet was a gentleman, only the good die young.

Regards, Dave
Old 04-25-2007, 06:32 PM
SoFast
Racer

Like most peoples semtiments on here....WOW! I would like to contirbute to the fund. please let me know.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:56 PM
nathanUK '81 930 G50
Race Car

Me too. RIP Chet.

http://www.911turbo.com/BB/viewtopic.php?t=373
Old 04-25-2007, 07:45 PM
JBL930
Not Forgotten

Like Sandman I read this early on and didn't know what to say, still don't to be honest, it's sometimes a smack in the mouth like this that makes you realise what's important, my deepest sympathies to his family, I really hope there is someone there for the kids, as soon as you get the fund set up I’ll gladly contribute, I hope some good can come of it
Old 04-25-2007, 10:13 PM
DonE
Burning Brakes

Wow - absolutely speechless. Our thoughts and prayers are with those children.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:37 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You know, when you go to bed tonight hug your children and tell them you love them. Life is short and it can end in a blink of an eye. If my last thoughts are of me holding my boys then I would have passed happy. I can only hope that Chet had that chance with his children.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:32 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stephen:

I'm only about an hours drive from Chet's house...so if there's anything I can do either individually or collectively for the group, I am offering to do it. I still can't believe this happened....I sent him an email about three weeks ago to touch base since I hadn't heard from him and we talked about having lunch and taking a drive in the car you built for him. He never responded....and now I know why. chuck
Old 04-26-2007, 02:01 AM
RSKY BIZ
Shark Slayer
Rennlist Member

Location: 'BETWEEN NORTH STAR BOROUGH...& THE CONCH REPUBLIC'
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Life can be short indeed. I followed Chet, et al, on the 911 Turbo Board...
Yes, he always seemed a gentleman...

Not that it matters, but curious if he developed 'Valley Fever' memingitis?

Godspeed, Chet. Please post info for contributions. My condolences to his loved ones...

Kim
Old 04-26-2007, 08:02 PM
sand_man
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Though I didn't mention it in my original post, I too will contribute to the fund.

Having said that, I hope you all follow the underlying message in this darkside of life's handbook: LIVE EACH DAY LIKE IT'S YOUR LAST, M_THER F_CKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make the most passionate love to your wife, girl-friend, mistress, significant other, that you possibly can! Grab your kids (sons and daughters) and kiss them, hug them, and tell them how deeply you love them! Take that precious 930 that's been resting under the custom car cover in your garage, and exercise her legs...beat the **** out of her, because that's what Porsche wanted you to do! Forget re-sale! Flog it it like a 935 making her rounds on La Sarthe!

sand_man, out...
PS: and while you do any or all of the above activities, do them for Chet, who no longer can!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:16 PM
DeWolf
Three Wheelin'

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by sand_man
Though I didn't mention it in my original post, I too will contribute to the fund.

Having said that, I hope you all follow the underlying message in this darkside of life's handbook: LIVE EACH DAY LIKE IT'S YOUR LAST, M_THER F_CKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make the most passionate love to your wife, girl-friend, mistress, significant other, that you possibly can! Grab your kids (sons and daughters) and kiss them, hug them, and tell them how deeply you love them! Take that precious 930 that's been resting under the custom car cover in your garage, and exercise her legs...beat the **** out of her, because that's what Porsche wanted you to do! Forget re-sale! Flog it it like a 935 making her rounds on La Sarthe!

sand_man, out...
PS: and while you do any or all of the above activities, do them for Chet, who no longer can!!!!!!

HEAR, HEAR!!!
Old 04-27-2007, 11:44 AM
DDD
Pro

Originally Posted by PorschePhD
Roxanne and I were talking last night about a talk Chet and I had. He was debating coming to get the car with his oldest son and driving back. His exact words were "Life is short sometimes and you never know what can happen. It would be nice to spend that time with him, I could use the time to get away, anyway" Unfortunately he ran out of time and had the car trailered it back to CA rather than driving it..
God, that gives me chills.....

That is exactly what is so strange about life for us mortals, we never quite accompolish all those things that we mean to do, and a lot of times it is the most important stuff that we don't get around to doing.

Maybe we can learn something from this mind blowing tragedy.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:51 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have been in contact with Chets family and freinds and the Childrens fund is being setup. As soon as I get a chance and all the information I will post the info. It is also my understanding that Childrens Godmother will be caring for the boys.

I can't swing that hurt feeling in my gut when I mention the boys.

I will keep you guys posted. FWIW Chet's freinds and family are reading these Boards. They say thank you.

Last edited by PorschePhD; 05-01-2007 at 11:06 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:07 AM
chet 77 930

Hello Everyone,
My name is Leti and I am Chet's girlfriend. I happen to do a search on Chet and came around this thread, and also noticed that Chet was still logged on to this website on my computer. Thank you all for the prayers and the very kind words. Chet was a very special guy and will never be forgotten. He touched many people without even having to meet them with his kind words. I know that he took a break from these websites before passing away but I know that he enjoyed every chance that he got to just get on here and read what everyone was talking about with their Porsches. It's what he loved, it was his passion, of course outside of his family. Just as Stephen said, Life is to short. I only hope that you cherish each day as if it were your last. I wish we would have known it was his. It was an honor and a blessing to have spent the last 21 months of my life with Chet and children. To help him with raising his 2 young boys along with my little boy was a quite the experience for both of us. 3 boys were such a handful but we enjoyed every moment spent with them. I will try my best to tell boys all that they would like to know about their dad. I know that Chet is now watching over us from up above. He will be missed deeply. And again, I would like to say thank you to everyone for the continuous prayers for the family.

Quick Reply: Chet Masangcay has passed away.