Old 01-26-2005, 12:18 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 316 Likes on 221 Posts
Default New Billet crank pulley need advice

I'm finally wrapping up everything on the new EFI kit (hardware).. My question to all is, how many of you folks have A/C running, well you might have a pump and a belt, but is it working? I have the option to pick up some surplus titanium and can make a limited amount of light-weight pulley's.. Aluminum is lightweight, but it does take alot of mass to keep the strength in the rotating unit. Making it out of Ti, one can reduce the weight and mass.. However, the material that I can get, is only large enough for a single pulley..

Again the question is, what is the ratio of A/C users vs dead single pulley..
Old 01-26-2005, 01:04 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Enclosed is a picture of the single belt pulley made in billet aluminum (center) and the 2 belt billet pulley..

I haven't indexed or laser etched the pulley yet.. Diameter is stock.

Last edited by Kevin; 01-26-2005 at 02:56 AM.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:27 PM
Sameer
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kevin,
Can I have these billet puleys to replace my stock ones just for the "looks" department? If yes, how can I reach you? I would like to purchase it. Cheers.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:34 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Yes you can.. zeroclearance@direcway.com
Old 01-26-2005, 12:50 PM
Sameer
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kevin,
just sent you a mail.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:58 PM
PT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kevin,
For your datapoint, my A/C is completely removed, so I'd be interested in your single pulley as well.
Can you also share more info about your EFI system?

thanks...
Old 01-26-2005, 06:13 PM
Randy
Instructor

Single pulley!
Old 01-26-2005, 08:58 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

So, Randy you're in for the Titanium single pulley...
Old 01-27-2005, 01:50 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

PT;
Thanks... With regards to the kit, the EFI system has been a partnership between 3 individuals over the last year... The design goal is to offer a plug and play complete system, that includes ALL hardware, ECU, wiring and programming for the 930 engine. The system will be programmed for a K27-7200, my K27-7200 High Flow and the new K27 High Flow 2 (that will be released with the new kit).

More importantly this is based off of three individuals who have strengths in different areas overlapping to form one heck of a team. Geoffrey Ring who we all know, is in charge of the programming and tuning for this kit. Geoffrey has made the decision to package this kit with the Autronics ECU and wiring. Stephen Kaspar brings his vast knowledge and practicality to the table. He will also serve as an install center for those that want to pack there car up and send it to Kansas.. For me I have designed and built all the small widgets, from injector blocks to pulleys.. Let alone engineering a another turbocharger to add to the High Flow series of units..
Old 01-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Enclosed is a picture of the rails and injector blocks installed on my 930 engine. The nice thing is that we offer many different sizes of injector blocks from 32mm all the way to 41mm which is the maximum size that one can bore/port the CIS manifold without welding and redesigning.

Old 01-27-2005, 02:46 PM
PT
Racer

Kevin,
Exciting news indeed! Any idea when will the kit be ready?
I've been very happy with the HF that I got from you a long while back and am probably one of few exceptions where I'm actually running rich according to my WB O2 meter. But, still can't get away from the sluggish throttle/off-boost response which I am sure is due to the CIS.
I'm not convinced of going the 3.2 intake route (sorry - too $$$ for me) so would love to see an alternative. Please keep us posted.
Back to the pulley - how much positive effect there is?
Old 01-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

One of the key benefits from an EFI system is the fact that you have an integrated ignition triggering system. That alone will help with the sluggish feeling you are experiencing. The fuel capability of EFI will help significantly with fuel mileage as well as the rich/lean spots inherient to the CIS system. The pully Kevin is describing serves several purposes. First, the crank position will be be determined by a toothed gear on the back side of the pully. Beyond that it is ligher and will help keep the belt on better due to its improved design.

With that said, one of the biggest factors contributing to the sluggish feeling of a 930 is the transmission gearing.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:38 PM
87turbo930
Advanced

Sounds like a very nice kit. Ive been thinking about some kind of EFI swap for a while. To answer your first question, I have A/C working in my car and I dont plan on ever removing it.

How easy is that autronics ECU to tune? Im running a garrett turbo (I think you actually put it together) and I was wondering if there is a good place to get info on this ECU and see how it looks.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:50 PM
PT
Racer

Originally Posted by Geoffrey
With that said, one of the biggest factors contributing to the sluggish feeling of a 930 is the transmission gearing.
Geoffrey - yes, addressing that issue as we speak with different ratios

But, the throttle response that I concern most is from stand-still start and close-to-open throttle transition. Plus I suspect running way richer than optimal before full boost likely also contributes to the less-than-snappy feel?
Old 01-27-2005, 03:53 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The Autronic ECU tuning process is similar to any ECU tuning process. It has several nice features that aid in the tuning process and has built in math algorithm that helps it predict fuling requirements. The first program map that will be written will support a stock internal engine with aftermarket headers, K27, K27HF, intercooler upgrade. We are looking to have the ECU provide non adjustable boost control as an option. The second program will be an engine with 964 camshafts. Obviously there are so many combinations of components, to get maximum performance will require tuning for your specific combination. This is why Steven will be an installation center.

Quick Reply: New Billet crank pulley need advice