Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Stalling at stops and startup

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 09:10 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
Sarge has a 3.2, completely different animal , but something I can check on my car tho
So this plunger theory wouldn't apply to my gen?
Old 04-25-2016, 09:53 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,021 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by SARGEPUG
So this plunger theory wouldn't apply to my gen?
No you don't have a fuel distributor, that's for cis cars.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:23 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

FINALLY FIXED!!!

After all the troubleshooting last summer into late fall and then after winter storage, It was the air meter! Swapped in a good used one and she's perfect now. Owner of shop was a gem (because I've been very patient thru this grueling process and a great customer) and didn't even charge me for any labor (hours to go thru eveything on the car to finally put this to rest)I walked out paying $150 for the part.

Thanks all for your help here and I hope this solves somebody else's problems too!
Old 05-03-2016, 10:45 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by SARGEPUG
FINALLY FIXED!!!

After all the troubleshooting last summer into late fall and then after winter storage, It was the air meter! Swapped in a good used one and she's perfect now. Owner of shop was a gem (because I've been very patient thru this grueling process and a great customer) and didn't even charge me for any labor (hours to go thru eveything on the car to finally put this to rest)I walked out paying $150 for the part.

Thanks all for your help here and I hope this solves somebody else's problems too!
wow ... I am really thrilled you got her fixed ... but from a business standpoint this is why mechanics and nice guys go out of business...

in fairness you should have been paying something to keep the shop open , but I get you have done a lot of business there ..
congrats on the fix.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:20 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

wow ... I am really thrilled you got her fixed ... but from a business standpoint this is why mechanics and nice guys go out of business...

in fairness you should have been paying something to keep the shop open , but I get you have done a lot of business there ..
congrats on the fix.
Thanks Ice and for your help! It's a major relief and great feeing, to finally have my car really back!!
As far as paying more, etc. I already paid a couple times in the past, for what was "supposed" to be the fix and had the major inconvenience of returning the car 3 times, till the final fix. Also, customer wise, I am definitely up on his list. I've been great during this whole process, loyal for 5 years and refer people to his shop. All that said, I deserved the break and he made a very wise business decision...
Old 05-03-2016, 02:04 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Glad she is up and running ... have the old part for the shelves ?
Old 05-04-2016, 09:33 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Glad she is up and running ... have the old part for the shelves ?
HA! Good question and no. He's probably going to keep it and refurb, unless it's totally shot??
I don't care either way
Old 05-05-2016, 11:51 PM
irobertson
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you got it solved. I'm wondering how you determined it was faulty? I measured mine this evening and it started at about 500 ohms fully closed, rose to 1K ohms at about 1/3 open, then decreased back to 600 when nearly fully open. at fully open it is 130 ohms. This does not sound like a nice linear progression to me. Perhaps I have the same problem you did.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:41 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by irobertson
Glad you got it solved. I'm wondering how you determined it was faulty? I measured mine this evening and it started at about 500 ohms fully closed, rose to 1K ohms at about 1/3 open, then decreased back to 600 when nearly fully open. at fully open it is 130 ohms. This does not sound like a nice linear progression to me. Perhaps I have the same problem you did.
Thanks and it wasn't me that figured it out, was the mechanic! I even posted on here and Pelican since the beginning, and not one person suggested it as the culprit! Get your hands on a good used one and swap it out, see how she runs then.....
Old 06-20-2016, 02:33 PM
lightemup67
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

This sounds like exactly my problem. Thank you so much for detailing it out on here.

Pelican has an air flow meter for like $700+. Is there somewhere I could look for a used one, or am I stuck calling around to yards and searching ebay?
Old 01-18-2018, 06:51 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Holy Crap!!! Rusnak sent me one for FREE years ago. It's sitting there quietly waiting for this day to happen to me.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:14 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by lightemup67
This sounds like exactly my problem. Thank you so much for detailing it out on here.

Pelican has an air flow meter for like $700+. Is there somewhere I could look for a used one, or am I stuck calling around to yards and searching ebay?
Glad I could help!! Definitely try to find a good used one, like my indie shop did for me at $150. Can't tell you where to call in your neck of the woods though, unless you are in the NYC metro area. Then you can go to my guy.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:56 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Ian if you were local im sure randy at whale tail would let you put one on and rip up and down the street.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:19 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Ian if you were local im sure randy at whale tail would let you put one on and rip up and down the street.
That's a good point too, through all my trials and tribulations, my shop would give me known good parts (such as an Icv, etc) to swap in a try for a weekend, to see if it was the casue.

Quick Reply: Stalling at stops and startup