Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Parking lights on

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 10:27 AM
george44
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Parking lights on

I know it's a ground somewhere but I am posting hoping someone had a similar problem and can point me in the right direction: at times, for no apparent reason, with the ignition key in off position, the parking lights on the right side of the car (911 SC '79) are lit (front and back). If I move the ignition key a notch to the left (this unblocks the stering wheel), the lights will go off (but then I cannot get the key out). If I bring it back to off the lights are back on. If I drive the car a bit the problem disapperas. Needless to say, the lights push button is not pulled at all (it works fine, in first position I get the parking lights all around, in 2nd I get the low beam). Anybody?

George
Old 08-19-2003, 10:36 AM
dwygrsshpr
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is your turn signal lever in the neutral position? European cars come with a true "parking light." When the car is off with the key removed, you can move the stalk to indicate that the car is parked on the side of the road - the turn signal/parking light will remain lit on that side. This is especially useful in the narrow streets in the olde country.

If your lever is in the neutral position, I suspect that somehow, contact is being made as if it was moved to the right. That would be my first guess...
Old 08-19-2003, 08:54 PM
george44
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Jamie, you were right on, it was the flashing lights lever that was not in neutral. If it's up (signal right) the parking lights on the right side of the car will lit, if it's down (signal left) the parking lights on the left side of the car will lit. For God's sake, I would have never thought at this! Thanks again!!

George
Old 09-27-2003, 03:53 AM
PWC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, I have been fussing with this for the better part of a year and just thought I had a bug a boo of some sort - this place is amazing!!!!

Thanks

Quick Reply: Parking lights on