80 Weissach Edition SC - Pricing Guidance

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 01:52 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Received 383 Likes on 247 Posts
Default 80 Weissach Edition SC - Pricing Guidance

Greetings All,

I've got a good friend who is ready to sell his 1980 Weissach Edition SC. I'm not sure exactly how to price it, so I'd appreciate some feedback. I know the car well and it is not an original paint garage queen but it is solid and..

Well, just read the preliminary advert and then you'll have an idea. Pictures coming next week. Ask any qualifying questions you like. I'll try and get a better parts inventory.

Thanks for your assistance!

"1980 911 Rare Weissach, only 200 made. I'm the second owner, purchased in 1981. Body and paint in good condition, no rust. Good original interior. Matching numbers body/engine/trans. Engine needs to be reassembled. All parts back from German Precision machine shop in CA. Heads rebuilt, pistons & cylinders, cam etc measured. 46mm Webers rebuilt. SSI's, new muffler, gasket sets included - it is all there. Brand new Carrara Rotors and Calipers, brakes. New flywheel and clutch. New electronic ignition. 2 sets of Fuchs 7' and 8" x 15" wheels and 1 set BBS 7"and 9" X 16. Too many other parts to mention. 76,000 miles."
Old 06-13-2014, 03:18 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,012 Likes on 719 Posts

Just my personal opinion but i dont feel that edition is worth any more than any other . I wouldn't pay you any extra for a sticker package. I am sure there are those that disagree though . i am sure the guys who own one for example.

In this case it is not even a car, it is a bunch of parts in a box you have to put back together and hope it works.. i would price accordingly.

I would see what the average price is in your area for an SC then discount as it is a parts box car.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:22 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theiceman
Just my personal opinion but i dont feel that edition is worth any more than any other . I wouldn't pay you any extra for a sticker package. I am sure there are those that disagree though . i am sure the guys who own one for example.

In this case it is not even a car, it is a bunch of parts in a box you have to put back together and hope it works.. i would price accordingly.

I would see what the average price is in your area for an SC then discount as it is a parts box car.
Yes, the special edition business is more of a BTW here. It is a little more than stickers, the rear wing is unique as is the leather interior color combination.

It will certainly be worth a lot more back together. This is a very good friend, and I've suggested to him that I should reassemble the engine and get the car in perfect running order to sell. We shall see if he wants to go that route. He still has the CIS so the car can be put back to stock configuration, and Carrara brakes instead of SC brakes seems like a desirable "modification" just like SSI's.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:41 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow. At this point your friend has a parts car. That's it. I have one, I know.

Once the paint color was changed, I wouldn't even mention that he butchered a Weissach car.

He's either in a cash crunch or some other calamity has come his way. I don't intend to kick him while he is down and I know I always come across as an ***. Tell him to rethink the entire idea of getting out from under the car.

Be a good friend and put the engine back together for him. Find some other friends and make it a group effort. It will be fun. Better that he gets $20-25,000 in a year than $5-6,000 today.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:09 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by amber lamps
Wow. At this point your friend has a parts car. That's it. I have one, I know.

Once the paint color was changed, I wouldn't even mention that he butchered a Weissach car.

He's either in a cash crunch or some other calamity has come his way. I don't intend to kick him while he is down and I know I always come across as an ***. Tell him to rethink the entire idea of getting out from under the car.

Be a good friend and put the engine back together for him. Find some other friends and make it a group effort. It will be fun. Better that he gets $20-25,000 in a year than $5-6,000 today.
LOL, my friend is in the opposite of a cash crunch, he has more than most people I know. This is just case of "lost interest" because he recently sold his GT3 and got a new Cayman S to play with. The SC is just taking up a bay in one of his several houses. So many cars, so little time.

Sorry, I have communicated badly here, let me try again in my own words:

For sale, 1980 911 SC Weissach Edition. 2nd owner since 1981 is Porsche fanatic who has owned many Porsche's from 356B to 997 GT3. Clean Carfax. Car has been repainted in the late 90's to a high standard, original color. Has lived its entire life in a garage. Interior is excellent, leather dash looks perfect. All original body panels, engine and transmission. Original Gold centered Fuchs 15" alloy wheels and a set of period single piece BBS basketweave 16" wheels.

In addition to all the original stock parts, the car has brand new 911 Carrera Calipers, Rotors and Pads. Motor was removed to replace the head studs and was freshened while apart. All machine work complete, heads redone and new Clutch Disk, Pressure Plate, Flywheel and all gaskets etc. are included to reassemble. New electronic ignition and plug wires. SSI Heat Exchangers and new Sport Muffler.

All parts and car can be inspected, and engine will be assembled and broken in before delivery. Buyer can choose to have original CIS or a set of 46IDA3C Weber Carburetors installed .

Great opportunity to own a classic 911 with a freshly rebuilt engine! Act now, before prices go even higher!

Now, lets go with this as the advert. What is a fair selling price now?
Old 06-14-2014, 05:15 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

That's a bit better. Now, rethink the part about the engine being apart and the buyer gets to make choices. Idiot move. Put the car together in as close to factory form and present the buyer with a running and working car. Carbs in a box, as an aside, is far more appealing than "oh, ya, ignore the fact that it is torn down to the nubs, it'll work, I promise...."

....and since we are doing '70 music in OT right now.

Old 06-14-2014, 07:54 PM
sithot
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 119 Posts

I owned one 30 years ago. Disco remnant decal design car. The rear wing is identical to the '75 Carrera. The interior was kind of cool but didn't age well at all.
Nothing special about it mechanically or performance wise. They made 400+.

One did sell on e-bay last week for $32,750 but it was "pretty" original and complete.

I'd say $15,000 would be ALL THE MONEY.

Here's all you need to know: https://rennlist.com/forums/911-foru...tion-info.html

Good luck.

Quick Reply: 80 Weissach Edition SC - Pricing Guidance