Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

New 911T 1969 993 turbo look - What do we got?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 01:06 AM
pmalenfa
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Peedster
Asking price was 17500$...did you guys choke now!? :-)
I did... Does it perform better than a Corolla?

Med venlig hilsen
Old 05-27-2014, 05:47 PM
Peedster
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Update!

So car was hauled to a mechanic known for working and racing old 911 since forever which we thought was a good move...

Problem was that he didnt get it to start with all the strange gizzmos and home made "upgrades" (downgrades...)

Eventually they were able to start it after located a couple of kill switches and they changed the clutch cable which was a pity since the builder had built his own pedalbox...

They couldnt get the car running well probably of the Allison/Crane XR700 optical ignition module and i guess they actually just made it worse because the changed the distributur cap and tried to get the rotor working and changed the ignition plugs.

We decided to bring the car home by trailer and start the teardown ourself instead of this guru of old 911s trying to solve this electronic ignition mystery just ending up costing much money.

So we actually saw the "FrankenPorsche" for the first time and Oh My is this a Frankenstein or what...Too bad we couldnt watch it before purchase...

Anyway, its still a cheap 911 that looks really cool a couple of steps away. This is a projectcar and dad is going to retire in 1 month so we are actually pretty happy about it anyway! But yes, it looks real bad close-up, welds everywhere, home made electronic everywhere and so on..

It has 996 front calipers, standard rear calipers, green bilsteins? in the rear and something not yet identified in front.
Swaybar in the back and nothing up front.

The engine runs really bad so need some help in this compartment:

It seems to get way to much gas, it smells and will not run. You have to wait 10 minutes to start it again.

It doesent run on all cylinders and this may be caused by the crazy ignition that the guru tried to fiddle with.

It has the CIS from a 930 and also injectors. The intake is a modified 3,6.
It has open vacuumleaks around the throttle.

So we want to rip out as much **** in there as possible and the best would be to go back to standard injection, ignition and intake so we can run it.

There doesnt seem to be any WUR in there, or idle control etc.

Is it even possible that it can run any good with all of these mismatched components?

What are our options?

Thanks guys!
Attached Images       
Old 05-27-2014, 05:50 PM
Reiver
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts

Well, at least you can't screw it up...any movement will be forward.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:51 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Wow!! What a nightmare! Why not get rid of all that home made crap and get a set of PMO Carburetors, a distributor and be done with it...??
Old 05-27-2014, 05:55 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,116 Likes on 798 Posts

What an absolute Mess...

While in Hershey this year i saw 3 complete CIS systems intact .. if it were me i would try to find something like that .. rip ALL that crap off and get a 3.0 CIS put back on . NO ONE will be able to help you get that car running on the internet as it is just so far from what it should be.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:30 PM
Peedster
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes Sirs!

We will start tearing it out.

I must say the PMOs sounds really nice! It appears to be a pretty straight forward install, is this correct?

What kind of results can one expect on a 3,0 with 3,2 cylinder kit with a PMO kit?
Old 05-27-2014, 09:14 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Peedster
I must say the PMOs sounds really nice! It appears to be a pretty straight forward install, is this correct?

What kind of results can one expect on a 3,0 with 3,2 cylinder kit with a PMO kit?
Yes, and in today's world probably 25% of what you've got into the car to get the conversion done. And that's not counting VAT, shipping, import duties, etc. etc. you've got going on over there.

End up with the usual ~220HP, and 12-13 (US) MPG. I've even got a set of sub-2K mile Weber 46s sitting around for a theoretical Spec 911 build on now the Weissach SC.

Quick Reply: New 911T 1969 993 turbo look - What do we got?