Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

1973 Carrera

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 02:34 PM
jet911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Johan,
I must apologize as well. When reading your initial post, I (as many) assumed you were sort of fishing (feeding everyone a line). Sorry about the mis-read! Hope all works out for you and the purchase of the car. Don't get too sun burned while doing your mowing (ha, ha, just kidding!)
Old 05-02-2003, 10:35 AM
late apex
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, it was my fault. Jack Olsen hopefully is looking at the car this weekend and will tell me what he thinks of it.
Old 05-02-2003, 02:57 PM
pwd72s
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Could a bit of trolling be going on here? I know where Jack will be this weekend...looking at LOTS of cars in Monterey. This "RS" is there?
Old 05-02-2003, 04:01 PM
late apex
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure what "trolling" is, but if it means "trolling for information", yes, I was trying to get information about the car's perceived value since it had been modified. The members of this forum were not enthusiastic about a modified Carrera, no matter how nice or valuable the modifications.I appreciate this viewpoint.
If Trolling means playing games, well, yes I'm a bit guilty of that too, as I did not come right out and state that I thought it was a real Carrera from the start.
Actually, I think I did say I thought it was real, but I said it in such a way as to breed suspicion, and the "story grew legs" and ran off from there. Somebody said it was a Titilating saga, at least it was for me.
The price of the car has gone up more than $50,000 since the week before this thread started.
That's a lot to spend on a 911 vintage racer, subject to track rash. All kinds of people are interested in it to the point that the owner has taken it to Monterey.

Quick Reply: 1973 Carrera