Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

:: ECS Tuning :: Haynes Repair Manual 1965-1989 | New Item!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 03:37 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default :: ECS Tuning :: Haynes Repair Manual 1965-1989 | New Item!

If you need technical information about your Porsche, for repair or simply for personal satisfaction, a Haynes Repair Manual is a must-have item.

DIYers will appreciate the detailed procedures and reference data that have made Haynes a go-to trusted source of information, and the industry benchmark for aftermarket technical books on European makes.

Owners hungry for a better understanding of the technology and features that make Porsche special will enjoy the richly illustrated, detailed explanations of vehicle components, assemblies, and operating strategies.

Click Here for more information

Old 02-20-2014, 07:39 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 812 Posts

i think i have this one ... i use it to jamb the door open so when i am working on the car i dont have to touch the door handle and make if greasy ... about the best use for it ... Now if you were to carry the Bentley .. NOW were talkin'
Old 02-20-2014, 08:54 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
i think i have this one ... i use it to jamb the door open so when i am working on the car i dont have to touch the door handle and make if greasy ... about the best use for it ... Now if you were to carry the Bentley .. NOW were talkin'
My local Pep Boys has had an unwrapped copy for so many years it has more torn up dog ears than Michael Vick. I, of course, had to look at it, and man I gotta say It made my Bentley look good.

Curious though..... What does Loren think of it?
Old 02-20-2014, 09:23 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think Radio Shack needs to sell them, right next to the soldering irons and DIY diagnostic tools.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:07 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rusnak
I think Radio Shack needs to sell them, right next to the soldering irons and DIY diagnostic tools.

Now THAT is the technical brilliance that Porschephiles come here for.

*ECS, I hope you understand that our humor isn't directed at you personally. You just happen to walk into something. You offered up a product that is useless in the real world.....after days of taking fire for doing things ourselves, we kinds had to punch back.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:57 AM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 02-21-2014, 10:24 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 812 Posts

although i have to admit one thing .. i did find a torque spec for a bolt in their i couldnt find anywhere else ... even the Bentley ... The only reason I really keep it around is at the beginning or end of each section it gives you torque specs of each bolt .. But Alas .. most times it sits in the door Jamb of the door from the garage to the laundry room ...
Old 02-21-2014, 10:35 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

I have three of them... each SC and the 912, came with one in the trunk... can't say that I have read one...

I prefer to use the Porsche workshop manuals... and for the 912, in addition to the workshop manuals, this book is worth its weight in gold...

Old 02-21-2014, 10:59 AM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by amber lamps
*ECS, I hope you understand that our humor isn't directed at you personally. You just happen to walk into something. You offered up a product that is useless in the real world.....after days of taking fire for doing things ourselves, we kinds had to punch back.
No worries at all, I had a good laugh. Make no mistake, this is not a replacement for the factory service manuals, or even the Bentley, but at this price point, it's a handy resource that can be stored in your frunk for just-in-case.

Quick Reply: :: ECS Tuning :: Haynes Repair Manual 1965-1989 | New Item!