Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

EDIT-1976 911 Targa Ferry Porsche Signature Series

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 05:56 PM
Will Feather
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes

I guess I misunderstood your statement on a cheap way into 911 ownership.
Getting into it cheap is not the same as calling it cheap. Getting into a cheaper porsche of course means higher cost in the long term but I perfer it that way. I'm young blood with some time and some money on my hands. I don't mind spending money along the way and learning, then putting more money upfront and hopes that I would only have a car I only have to do maintenance on. I just call it paying for an education.

I have already learned enough to know that this car would not be worth attempting to flip but would be better for a long term project. Now I just need to decide if that is what I want.

Thanks again everyone for your input.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:36 PM
Baddog
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if this string is still open, but I bought a 1976 911S Targa Signature in December 1975. The color is Platinum Metallic with tan upholstery with tweed inserts. List on the car was $16,585 and there were only 1,000 made and if I remember correctly only 360 (or there about) with American specs. The color was supposed to be only on a Signature model and they came in both the Targa and the Coupe. I never saw one of the coupes but saw another targa that had been totaled around a tree. This car was very good and I am sorry I ever sold it. I hope this helps you make a decision on keeping or selling the car.

Quick Reply: EDIT-1976 911 Targa Ferry Porsche Signature Series