Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Meet Magnus!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 02:54 PM
Porsche Mike
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Meet Magnus!

I heard that Magnus Walker will be judging a few Porsche 911's at some Oakville, Ontario media events this October 21 - 23.

I just submitted my photo - email a few images of your 911 to this email: 911MagnusWalker@porschecentreoakville.com

May the best man/woman win!
Old 10-11-2013, 05:56 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 812 Posts

seems unusual that they wouldnt mention it at the porsche club meeting i was just at Tuesday , especially with all the classic car owners there.

quite dissapointing .. perhaps he is coming up for our fall run of 65 Porsches.

i dont eneter my Porsche for silly concour judging ,, these cars are meant to be driven , not judged.. and i am sure Magnus would agree..

Tnis thread should really be moved to the Canadian Forum
Old 10-11-2013, 11:54 PM
Reiver
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts

Judging in what respect? I like the cars he makes but a concours judge would eat his lunch.
I'm not much into that type anyway (judge would eat my lunch too).
I suspect Mag is a nice guy and would be a good hand shake but I'd rather see his cars. The 'cult of personality' thing that surrounds him kind of puts me off...Not the guy himself but all of the self sustained groupies. The sycophants posting on his Pelican thread pretty much make me tuim.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:09 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

He is too much spectacle. Love the cars. Obviously spent his life selling his "lifestyle" through his clothing and branding himself as an "Outlaw" is just another ad campaign. I wish him well with the cars....as a father I am strongly opposed to the lifestyle he projects.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:11 AM
Reiver
Drifting

Whadaya mean...he's about as outlaw as a Hollywood millionaire clothing real estate property guy can be. Killer.
Still, I like his taste in Porsche's.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:07 AM
Carrera3.2LG50
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I clicked on this thread with interest because I have met Magnus. He was here in NC last May for the Pinehurst Concours and I also was speaking with him earlier today at the NC Museum of Art. http://ncartmuseum.org/exhibition/po...seducing-speed

While he may look unorthodox and maybe even portray a certain image, he's a really nice guy who is totally enthusiastic about Porsches just like we are. He loves to talk about the cars and appreciates them like we all do.

He mentioned to me this morning that his car "277" is heading to Toronto, so I would not be surprised if he shows up at one of your local shows.

(I'm the guy with blue/white jacket.)
Attached Images   
Old 10-13-2013, 12:21 AM
Reiver
Drifting

Glad you had a good time...I think he builds fantastic cars...love 'em. I like personalized cars built for the owner and he damn sure does that.
Don't care a whit about how he looks, fine by me....no issue's with him at all actually....
Just get put off by the court supplicants.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:03 AM
pcarhiway
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Magnus

Lots of buzz about Magnus here on rennlist, Pelican and the Early 911S Registry - various opinions of Magnus himself and his 911s. However, from those who have actually met him and visited with him the comments are all very similar to this one

"While he may look unorthodox and maybe even portray a certain image, he's a really nice guy who is totally enthusiastic about Porsches just like we are. He loves to talk about the cars and appreciates them like we all do".

I believe I have this next statement correct, if someone knows differently please correct me. But when STR II (the car on the right) was sold at auction recently I believe the team from Road Scholars purchased it. Not sure how much higher compliment could be paid in the early 911 world than to have Road Scholars purchase one of your custom prepared early 911s.
Attached Images  
Old 10-13-2013, 02:56 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

^^^You don't need to defend him. Nobody said he isn't a nice guy with a huge heart. The single biggest problem i see is that its more about Mangus Incorporated than about the cars.

Every other Porsche enthusiast on the internet allows his car to take center stage. It is about the car. With Mangus, it's about Mangus. He is the front man for a brand. (Much like OCC was all about the father/son drama.)

I want to know about your car....not you.