Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Opinions On This Porsche For Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Turbolag11
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PushingMyLuck
This is totally incorrect. Cars are more reliable than ever. You need to check the studies and data, not anecdotes from internet forums.

“In 2013, overall vehicle dependability averages 126 PP100–a five percent improvement from the 2012 average of 132 PP100–and is the lowest problem count since the inception of the study in 1989.”

http://www.aei-ideas.org/2013/02/whe...n-ever-before/

Here is what you're experiencing: One guy with a blown head gasket at 60k posts on the internet, and thousands of people read it, and start to think ALL cars get blown head gaskets. This is how urban legends start.

Do you remember the 1980s? Go for a half hour drive, and you would see several cars on the side of the road. Today, you can go for a year and not see a broken down car. Cars used to be sold or thrown out and "expired" at 100k. Today, cars still run like new at 100k. There is simply no comparision to how bulletproof today's cars are compared to the cars of the past.
Thanks for sharing. Glad I posted about my concerns. That eases my mind. Guess I just wanna make sure I make the best decision.

Originally Posted by Dr Mitch
My "issue" with some of todays cars is the complexity to many of the electronics and computer systems on board. So while there are fewer catastrophic problems overall, there is more variety of problems compared to older cars. WIth the larger variety of problems, yeah, you get WAY more info on the internet about them. I'd be curious to see what Rennlist posts would be like if we had it back in the 70's and 80's...
Definitely. Harder to work on because of having so many electronics. But hopefully, more reliable.

Quick Reply: Opinions On This Porsche For Sale?