Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

This 930 stance is perfect. How do I get it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 05:42 PM
HorstP
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

The 964 has hydraulics. That's why it is so low
Old 10-06-2013, 02:23 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Set your suspension up to handle the way you want. Learn to love the way it looks. Not the other way round.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:50 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by amber lamps
Do you own a drill press and a welder? One of my next projects is to raise my spindles on the front struts. It's going to cause a lot of heads to explode around here. It is a project that has a Total Cost Involved of $zero if kept less than 19mm so the bump-steer isn't out of control.
And all you're going to do is raise the spindle on the strut? Hmmm.......

(Oh, and I've seen a few home-brew strut mods fail in the most inopportune places--Willow T2 comes to mind. Wasn't much left of that 914-6 "racer".)
Old 10-12-2013, 01:49 AM
MongooseGA
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP- How long have you owned your car, and how old are you? I can't help but think that you sound like many 16 year kids with their first car, projecting images of grandeur and far-fetched schemes without any of the knowledge or resources to accomplish them realistically.

You own a Porsche 911. You shouldn't even know what stanceworks is. It's the literal antithesis of everything these cars are about. Consider buying a Jetta or Nissan 240SX instead?
Old 10-14-2013, 01:21 AM
Ds1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish my first car was a 911! And I wish I was 16! (well, sorta)

A) This is a forum. This is where we talk about crazy ideas.
B) Thats the most fun about owning a car - being different. And not in the hipster VW scene, where EVERYONE is so different that they all look the same. A moderately slammed 911, that combines the California-low look, with typical crazy German spoilers and 80's styling all around? Now thats something to behold.
C) I like Jettas. Great cars. Made a lot of money on a 240sx once. You should give it a try some time.

D) This is all said in love, kindness, and sarcasm.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:00 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,135 Likes on 811 Posts

Originally Posted by Ds1
I wish my first car was a 911! And I wish I was 16! (well, sorta)

A) This is a forum. This is where we talk about crazy ideas.
B) Thats the most fun about owning a car - being different. And not in the hipster VW scene, where EVERYONE is so different that they all look the same. A moderately slammed 911, that combines the California-low look, with typical crazy German spoilers and 80's styling all around? Now thats something to behold.
C) I like Jettas. Great cars. Made a lot of money on a 240sx once. You should give it a try some time.

D) This is all said in love, kindness, and sarcasm.
A) actually it isn't, this is where people come with technical issues, they would like help resolving. I think there are other forums for moding and the like

B) teenagers " slam" a Honda. People who graduate from this learn to tastefully lower and corner balance a Porsche. The cars of which you speak we usually behold on the " you can't believe what I just saw on craigslist" thread

C) I like Audis personally, great winter beaters.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:59 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
And all you're going to do is raise the spindle on the strut? Hmmm.......

(Oh, and I've seen a few home-brew strut mods fail in the most inopportune places--Willow T2 comes to mind. Wasn't much left of that 914-6 "racer".)
This is where the term "Deep penetration" comes to mind.

Quick Reply: This 930 stance is perfect. How do I get it?