Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

FINALLY found the car for me :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 02:01 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 207 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom 97 C2-S, So. Cal.
Opo

1. Great looking car
2. Great that you are here - follow Ed's advice/previous posts. His wisdom/comments are time/$ savers. Per Ed, I to moved the 7's upfront and bought 8's for the rears. Very happy. If you are stuck on 9's, I wish you better luck than I had. Very scarce, and VERY pricey.
3. The seat mix up sucks but fixable with the wallet.
4. Before you send your rear wheel well guards to be pulled off, you may want to try GooGone. My shrunken plastic door sills pulled away like they were just laying there. No damage to the paint etc.
5. I did the reverse, 1 year ago. I pulled my car from Texas to Cali., 20 yr. prior owner. It must get real hot down there, as he upgraded AC as well.
Thanks TOM, yes is super HOT here and if you don't have a good A/C in your car there's NO way you are driving that car here, my car is already at the body shop to remove the trim, hopefully there's nothing hidden there I went ahead and order 8's for the rear
Old 01-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Finally got the car back, installed the 8's in the rear and 7's in front, remove the trim and there was nothing hidden, don't know why the PO put that trim there, also installed the sport seats and I think the only thing for me to do is upgrade the steering wheel and the car will be just like I wanted it since I bought it

Last edited by Opo; 07-03-2014 at 01:24 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Sweet!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Dryfly57
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Very nice Rudy!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Dukerdog
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome Rudy! I'm going to Friendswood in the morning weather permitting. If you go we'd love to see it in person.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:05 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Michael, weather permitting I will be there also
Old 01-12-2013, 02:58 AM
rockryno
Intermediate

very nice, what did you pay for it?
Old 01-12-2013, 10:08 AM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Great looking car. I'm enjoying your thread.

You've got to love the oil level sending unit. If it isn't failing, it's leaking, and it's never particularly reliable. Mine works but the gasket leaks slowly. I tightened down the bolts and went to 20/50 weight oil and it slowed significantly but I can't help but think the design would have been better with more diligent manual oil level checks and one fewer gasket to leak oil on the car.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:40 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rockryno
very nice, what did you pay for it?
Cardinal sin, asking that question...on a par with asking a woman how old she is.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:45 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MrBonus
Great looking car. I'm enjoying your thread.

You've got to love the oil level sending unit. If it isn't failing, it's leaking, and it's never particularly reliable. Mine works but the gasket leaks slowly. I tightened down the bolts and went to 20/50 weight oil and it slowed significantly but I can't help but think the design would have been better with more diligent manual oil level checks and one fewer gasket to leak oil on the car.
And you car is how old, or when was this last addressed? You can only get so many years out of a mechanical component. With as many sealed seams, gaskets and through bolts as there are on a 911 engine, fixing any oil sender leak correctly is a walk in the park, IMO.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:43 PM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
And you car is how old, or when was this last addressed? You can only get so many years out of a mechanical component. With as many sealed seams, gaskets and through bolts as there are on a 911 engine, fixing any oil sender leak correctly is a walk in the park, IMO.
I am likely the first person addressing it in its 23 years of existence however I don't have history for the first ~50,000 miles of its life.

The point isn't that it is an easy problem to address. The point is that it's a mechanical component that offers a very minor convenience that is not really outweighed by the effort required to keep to keep it functioning correctly.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:01 PM
rockryno
Intermediate

oooh boo hoo. God forbid I upset the inanimate object's feelings... Everyone is thinking it, I just said it.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Reiver
Drifting

Received 114 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Cardinal sin, asking that question...on a par with asking a woman how old she is.
or a Rancher how many cows he has....same as asking what's in your bank account.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:28 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MrBonus
I am likely the first person addressing it in its 23 years of existence however I don't have history for the first ~50,000 miles of its life.

The point isn't that it is an easy problem to address. The point is that it's a mechanical component that offers a very minor convenience that is not really outweighed by the effort required to keep to keep it functioning correctly.
Actually, I find it a useful gauge. The fact is, most American V-8's woulda been totally stripped down by now. My belief is that it doesn't hurt to drop a 911 motor every few years at a minimum to do these types of maintenance and inspect everything. The 2 or 3 hours it takes to drop, and stab it back in are nothing when it comes to total access.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:29 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rockryno
oooh boo hoo. God forbid I upset the inanimate object's feelings... Everyone is thinking it, I just said it.
I was pretty civil the first time: That's a douchy question to ask, and pretty rude. There, I said it-everyone was thinking it.

So, now you've shown you don't get it, so I'll explain: It has nothing to do with the inanimate object's feelings, that is something personal to the owner, and none of our business.

Quick Reply: FINALLY found the car for me :)