Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Please help me figure out value

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 11:51 PM
Basalt997tt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tbanasiak
this car is an 89 YM, Guards Red and full black leather interior, had just over 100k for mileage when purchased 2 years ago this month. Upgrades by previous owner were complete A/C system, K&N filter with Kokeln racing cold air intake, steering wheel, stereo and amp, floor mats and trunk carpet, all new fuel lines, and cosmetic accents in brushed nickel like door handles instrument bezel rings etc... What I've done since ownership is a valve adjustment, oil/filter change, tranny fluid change, spark plugs, distributor cap and rotor, fuel filter, ign coil, brakes and rotors, and new voltage regulator, new shifter bushings . flew to Austin Tx, met the seller at airport, cruised to his house in Dripping Springs where the car was and from there my son and I drove back to Clarksville Tn. Great car and just love it to death!!!! now your probably wondering what I paid? Well I hope this doesn't shock you but it was 17,401.00
As the pics can testify this car is 9.5 out of a 10.

certainly twice as much mileage as the one your interested but sweet anyway! Good luck with it!
Wow! That is one nice looking car! Definitely nicer looking than the one I'm considering. The thing going to the one here in NJ is all 100% original, low miles, one owner. Yours looks perfect though
Old 07-19-2012, 12:47 AM
tbanasiak
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

100% original is nice to have but then there are tasteful mods and comfort upgrades that for me improve the appeal. I like the turbo twist wheel look but am soon to be getting a set of Euromeister 17" Fuchs replicas. Cosmetically that will be the only change I will make. On my 996 I added the aluminum bezel rings because I liked the look in the 89 car. Made a big difference as the cluster pops now. And for the headlights I put on Lamin-x film tint. That's it for her! I'd suggest you check the options code sticker on the one your looking at and see all what it came with it from factory if ya haven't already. Enjoy the hunt!
Old 07-19-2012, 01:31 AM
Basalt997tt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tbanasiak
I'd suggest you check the options code sticker on the one your looking at and see all what it came with it from factory if ya haven't already. Enjoy the hunt!
It has two options: full leather and factory Bilsteins. The 88 Carreras did not have many available options from what I can tell. Does have original Blaupunkt and Motorola 'brick' phone

Will have to get one of these!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-in-1-USB-2...item5894f18034

Quick Reply: Please help me figure out value