Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

993 Tiptronic wants to race me - should I?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2001, 04:16 PM
Thom Fitzpatrick
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm guessing that's not a stock E36 M3, as they only had HP numbers in the mid 200's. A friend of mine has a '98 M3 and can't catch me with his headlights...

Originally posted by Millzeee:
<STRONG>not a porsche but genarally known as a porsche beater "well it beat mine" had a race with a 1998 m3 in my 1985 carrera the other night 320 bhp against my 230 guy left me but wasn't to bad was keeping up pretty well</STRONG>
Old 12-25-2001, 04:19 PM
Thom Fitzpatrick
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a cool chart of various cars with their HP and weight numbers, and calculated 1/4 mile times:
http://www.vintagebus.com/3.6/perf.html

If any has more numbers I'd be happy to plug them in.
Old 12-25-2001, 05:03 PM
richard glickel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Thom,

Great list, as ususal. I was impressed by the closeness of the #'s for the Imagine turbo and George's swampbuggy. Of course, after Swampgas gooses the nitrous he's probably looking at tearing down that chevy mill and getting some new parts in there.

Incidentally, I got a real kick out of the picture you posted of you leaning against the rear quarter your first Targa, doing your best James Dean (only thing missing was the cigerette). Thanks for sharing so many of your personal Porsche experiences with the rest of us over this past year. You're the best!

With best wishes to you and your family for a Merry Christmas and the happiest New Year ever, I remain

Your friend,

Richard

Quick Reply: 993 Tiptronic wants to race me - should I?