Porsche 911 101 Class

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 01:48 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,592 Likes on 995 Posts

Originally Posted by Amber Gramps
Moving along and building on Clive's post let's get to the woman in your life:

Don't be that guy. Murphy was given the ultimate ultimatum and failed us. He gave in and sold his 911 to Matt. Now, Murphy is left with nothing but his lovely bride. Gone are the days of cruising the Illinois countryside with the top off. Gone are the days of pure bliss. Gone are the days of life as we know it. Don't be that guy.
Guys! I miss a lot of you! I had a baby in 2011 and again in 2013, and while my wife suggested that I keep my Porsche, I wanted to get a car that allowed me to take my babies with me. I didn't want to be "that guy," who chose to drive his Porsche rather than spend time with my babies. I totally am happy I made that choice, too, as I'm "back," albeit having gone through a BMW M5 (rear seats), and a Mini Cooper S (rear seats), I now have the equivalent of the classic 911 that I get to drive my kids in. So as long as aim alive, I didn't mind giving up a few pleasures for the short term as long as I could come back home in the end. The song "take the long way home" ended up actually being the opposite of what I chose for myself, at the expense of you guys and the air cooled community. Then again, it was only a few years...
Old 02-12-2017, 03:10 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Murphy, that picture of you and your bride is still my all time favorite Porsche picture. Nothing says "Me or the Car" like that picture.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:28 PM
crixer
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got rid of my last 911 for the down payment for the house my wife wanted. That was 7 years, 2months, and 5 days ago. Hopefully I will have my next 911 by the end of the month. I came here to reacquaint myself with the basics.

I wound't get rid of a car because of an ultimatum. When my first wife told me that I wasn't buying that pristine '89 coupe, I replied with "um... I am sorry but maybe you misunderstood... I wasn't asking you if I could buy the car.... I am informing you of my impending purchase..." Several fights later I separated our joint account and bought the car. We ended up divorcing in 2005 anyway.

My current wife is kinda being foul about the latest impending purchase. She hasn't said anything negative... It is just her face turns to this dark, stress laden, depressed frown. It is really pissing me off. She just got a 50k top of the line Toyota minivan last year! I haven't bought anything for myself. I have just been working nonstop for her and the kids. I will not be priced out of a 911 before I retire in about 12 years!
Old 02-14-2017, 08:32 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

^^^^ Ouch. My wife not only encouraged me to find a 911 but PAID FOR IT HERSELF. She put down $10,000 in green cash and paid $1,000 per month for the next 10 months. ....that was ten years ago.....still married.....for something like 27 years now.
Old 02-15-2017, 01:25 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's one hell of a boss minivan, I take it.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:38 PM
sugarwood
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Amber,
Please provide context. Was she reciprocating some gesture of yours?
Old 02-15-2017, 07:10 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by sugarwood
Amber,
Please provide context. Was she reciprocating some gesture of yours?
Well........I had just survived another pacemaker change, was right up against turning 40, and after nine pregnancies was the one that got fixed. I think that it was the third one that earned me the free Porsche.

Quick Reply: Porsche 911 101 Class