Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Hehehehe...
Old 06-24-2011, 08:57 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look at the frikin lipstick on the dog's nose,..these Ladies at the Federal Building leave their cars here and always drop in to say good morning to him,,...then apply the necc'y lipstick'd kisses (evidenced ON his nose).....

low side only? mmmmmmm

BEST!

Doyle
Old 06-26-2011, 07:24 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rusnak
Doyle, thanks for reminding me to post pics! Here's what I have: it's an aluminum spacer. It is probably less than $.10 retail at any good hardware store. The other side is a thick washer that I had, just happened to be a good diameter, a spare nut, and a spare bolt.

I know that I need to change that hose clamp. Another cheap item that you can get locally anywhere. The hose was hand made by a nice guy named Frank, who owns his own AC and electrical shop.

Speaking of ^, I am believe it or not, setting up an Arco franchise right now for my parents to do something after they retire. It'll keep them busy, and give them some money to do stuff with. I'll have to help of course with all the regulatory and environmental regs and compliance of course. We won't do any service on cars, and your choices for being "cool" will be "regular, or crunch ice?". I wonder if our own Ed Hughes sells ice machines to Arco?

Edit: Love those garage pics! Interesting that he appears to be doing the evac on only the low side.
Thanks for the pics, Rusnak. I ended up just reusing the old buffer but turned it the opposite direction of it's 22 year old flex point . Worked like a charm. Now, to watch it over time. Nice to have some degree of (factory) cool air.

Best!

Doyle
Old 06-26-2011, 07:29 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

BIRD! John sent me a pic of something he had framed...it now hangs in his music store....Yeap, Bird, you're now famous in Middle GA!!!!! Dave says many customers comment on the pics,..knowing everyone in the photo, except you. I told John to tell them 1.) he's a Porsche expert and 2.) knows a thing or two about hand-crafted, fine furniture and 3.) IS the fellow who "handed" them (Dave and John) backstage passes!!!!!!!!!! Frikin' WAY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST!

Doyle
Attached Images  
Old 06-28-2011, 04:23 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

System seems to be delivering a variable vent range of 49 degrees, at it's best,...and 57 at it's worst. RPMs, ambients, air flow, etc all affecting it's operation. STILL, so much cooler than NO AC (duh). Stopped in to see John D today,..he insisted that I pull inside so he could have a look at the site glass,..I certainly obliged. He stated that he did see minimal bubble and should be filled with a small bit more of R-12. I ordered myself a set of nice gauges yesterday (R-12) now that I've completed my first semester with AC class, compliments of EVERYONE who's "learned" me something. John D offered up his leak detector so I'll be "sniffing" all around this evening and see what shakes,..I really don't expect to detect anything but have nothing to lose by "sniffing". We're (John D and I) planning on getting together for the final phase of this AC engagement sometime next week...I've gotta' round up some R-12,....someone said that it's easily found on Flea-Bay......will look tonight.

Getting close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ed: I caught your comment on expecting 40 degrees from a stock AC system (1989)...we'll certainly do our best and see if we can make it just a tad better than where we are now. I do believe (aside from the recently changed components) that everything before me is stock (INCLUDING the compressor...I'm sure these babies wear out over +20 years....). Budget doesn't allow me to install anything else insofar as mods....(I'd rather focuss on my suspension next!!!!!!!!)

Looking forward to another session with John D!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST!

Doyle

Quick Reply: of deep gratitude