Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Converting from 996 Mk2 to SC.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 06:00 PM
Fan of F1
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
OP, congrats on your new SC. She looks nice. I like that color. It sounds like we have similar sentiments. All of my cars keep getting older and older. The list of some of the mistresses is below in chron order from most recent to oldest in ownership. I daily my SC and get a thrill getting into the driver seat every time. Enjoy the miles. I'm sure you will.

I plan on installing SSIs and a new exhaust soon. Supposedly you will get a good bang for the buck with this mod on the SC's based on what I've read and been told. Cheers. Jim

1998 BMW M3 Dinan supercharged
1994 964 C4 widebody
1999 BMW M3 coupe
1991 BMW 325iS
1998 BMW M3 4-dr
2000 Jetta VR6
Thanks Jim. I am looking forward to it. I have a few things being done to the SC right now, but she will be placed into daily driver duty very soon. I am really looking forward to it.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:10 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Well, it is too bad your buddy didn't have a 3.2 Carrera, but you at least got the second best series. Welcome!

Perhaps I'll see you at a C&C soon. You may want to make it down our way for an assault on Palomar Mtn some time. We should be getting close to being in season for that, and we get a VERY interesting assortment of German and Italian cars, with a couple of others thrown in for good measure.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:43 AM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I want to argue with Ed's comment, but I can't! I prefer an SC hands-down over an 87-89 Carrera with G50, but have never driven an 84-86 so have no clue what I am missing...

Anyway, congrats on the Weissach purchase. I have always admired that car. I tend to buy Porsches and hold on to them, but still miss my SC. I hope to find a "sorted" SC in coming years. Enjoy yours!

-Blake
Old 04-01-2011, 02:13 AM
Fan of F1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Well, it is too bad your buddy didn't have a 3.2 Carrera, but you at least got the second best series. Welcome!

Perhaps I'll see you at a C&C soon. You may want to make it down our way for an assault on Palomar Mtn some time. We should be getting close to being in season for that, and we get a VERY interesting assortment of German and Italian cars, with a couple of others thrown in for good measure.
Sounds good Ed. I will look for you at C & C. Also, send me some info on the get together and drive you mentioned. I would love to come check it out.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:15 AM
Fan of F1
Advanced

Originally Posted by blake
I want to argue with Ed's comment, but I can't! I prefer an SC hands-down over an 87-89 Carrera with G50, but have never driven an 84-86 so have no clue what I am missing...

Anyway, congrats on the Weissach purchase. I have always admired that car. I tend to buy Porsches and hold on to them, but still miss my SC. I hope to find a "sorted" SC in coming years. Enjoy yours!

-Blake
Thanks Blake.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:59 AM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fan of F1
I agree smshirk. I liked my Boxster, Mk1 996 and Mk2 996 as cars. Certainly better than most other choices in automobile. They just became transportation to me after awhile and I wanted to get back that special feeling that just seems to be there when I drive the earlier cars.

Not sure it matters as I plan to drive the Weissach every day, but who do you insure through and for how much? I at least want to get stated value insurance to ensure that I do not get book value if something where to happen.

Thanks in advance!
I use Heacock classic car insurance. Every couple of years it seems they have to change underwriters, but they have kept my premium at 200 a year for 20K agreed value, <5k miles, no driving to work, etc but all in all they are not as restrictive as the big names in CC Ins. I have my wifes 968 under the same policy and terms and pay them a total of 500 a year for both. I've been happy with them, but I've never had a claim. State Farm wants about triple their prices for limited use policy.

Quick Reply: Converting from 996 Mk2 to SC.