Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

RS Clone vs 69 w/3.2

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 03:38 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by sinfulsteve
Love the silver car, but with that kind of $$, you could buy a 993 TT. Go fast , have AC. etc.

This is always were it gets tough when considering putting serious coin on an older specialty car: All of the "what else I could get" thoughts...

That must be addressed by the individual.

Having said that, that silver car is fantastic and would stand a good chance of being more economical than taking that '69 and bringing is up to a very high standard. I can't see anything on that car that looks second rate or budget-controlled. All the upgrades are very well-proven and desireable choices.

The thing with the '69 also is you have to be very, very careful about rust. I've now seen numerous examples of these cars where the rust was very well concealed. At least with the silver car, you have photos of a stripped and epoxy coated shell (and the owner likely has other in-process photos).

If you do move forward on the '69, have it professionally inspected for body condition, as well as the more typical PPI.

If that is the kind of car that you really want, then I would think that it (the silver one) is the safest bet I've seen yet.

Quick Reply: RS Clone vs 69 w/3.2