Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Tempted for a set of 46mm PMO's

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 07:52 PM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve... just looked over my regs again, and different ratios are allowed.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:59 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
Do you not like these cams Steve?... there are a few guys over here that run them and rate them highly... I will be running at a circuit where I am constantly using 2nd, 3rd and max 4th, I love to rev the motor out and would look to run max at 7600 (think the DC 62's would be suited for this) but the reason me wanting a low down to mid range grunt is there is a couple of slow 2nd gear corners.
I've not used the DC-62's but I have run a lot of GE-60's and I like 'em,... They are a somewhat "mild" race cam and have good mid-range power when everything is right. You should have pulling power to 7600 if your heads are up to the task. THATS where people should spend their money as thats the key to everything,....

Competitive high-RPM power along with good low-end grunt are sometimes mutually exclusive in engines under 3.5 litres and thats precisely why the right gears are SO important.

One chooses gear ratios to match the torque & HP range (based on engine dyno information) of the engine and the tracks that you run.

Quick Reply: Tempted for a set of 46mm PMO's