Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

OT: repaint for vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010 | 09:21 PM
1BlinkGone
Instructor

Default OT: repaint for vehicle

I've a friend who will be buying a new Lexus LX570, and it wants it repainted in a color of his choice since the color he wants isn't offered anymore. Anybody in the Sacramento or Bay Area worth considering that does top-quality work like this? I'm asking for a colleague of mine.
Thanks.
1BG
Old 11-05-2010 | 09:38 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

I can get it done like it came from the factory for around 250k.
Old 11-05-2010 | 10:20 PM
1BlinkGone
Instructor

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
I can get it done like it came from the factory for around 250k.
Har!!! I bet you can!!!
Old 11-05-2010 | 11:16 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Since you felt the need to call this an off topic thread, why not join up so you can post it there? This is the 911 forum.
Old 11-06-2010 | 08:44 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Since you felt the need to call this an off topic thread, why not join up so you can post it there? This is the 911 forum.
Speaking of off topic..... How is your last day in Hawaii treating you?

Spent $43.. on rib eyes last night.
Old 11-06-2010 | 12:19 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Actually, I'm getting "Island Fever". Been a long week, and coming here for work just ain't the same. I also think there are too many cars on Oahu-constant traffic. But, I'm on a 12:25pm flight and got my upgrade request. Mahalo.
Old 11-06-2010 | 12:45 PM
whalebird
Race Car

I'm so sorry Ed. I've got Island fever as well. Dropped 2" of snow last night; boy am I ready to get off this rock. Myself, I got a couple of porterhouses, sprinkled some salt, pepper, garlic ("spooge" as it's known in the kitchen), and preheated the grill. Went to throw them on and the damn thing was out of gas. Now I would most certainly prefer a charcoal fire, especially for beef, but it was late. I get out the charcoal and the knocked-up wife objects: "it's too late to wait for charcoal - get a damn pizza".
So, I've got my own homemade hardwood(oak, Hickory)charcoal, and some well steeped beef in the bullpen - COLD beer(I keep it on the porch when it's freezing outside), and a Micubano. To hell with the gas.
Oh, to the original post. Just live with it. Otherwise contact Lexus' "special wishes" program and have one ordered with a "paint-to-sample" finish.
Old 11-06-2010 | 01:17 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Damn whale.....I hope those steaks get eaten tonight!
Old 11-06-2010 | 02:25 PM
whalebird
Race Car

when I was in Alaska trolling for salmon on the F.V. Whalebird, weather forced us into an inside outpost called Pelican for a few days. Pelican is small, population of, maybe 75. Rosie's bar is the main business. I spent everyday there drinking from noon til... Around 8:30 one night, I get frisky and start playing with the bell. Now most bars in that area have a bell bolted to the bar with a hammer laying next to it. Anyone who rings the bell has to buy a round for the entire bar. I pick up the hammer and pretend like I'm going to smack the bell - I smack the bell. Suddenly $300 dollars later, the who joint is my best friend.
A native playing pool comes over and says "thanks Pilgrim", He goes on to say: "You know Birds bring babies. For you gringos, storks bring babies, for me, the eagle brings babies, the Phoenix for others". He asks "You know what kind of bird doesn't bring a baby"? NO I reply... "swallows"
Old 11-06-2010 | 02:27 PM
whalebird
Race Car

spooged-upon steaks will be eaten tonight.
Old 11-06-2010 | 03:22 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

I keep a cast iron skillet for restaurant quality steaks in,a hurry. Quick sear both sides and finish in the oven at med high heat.

Absolutely no comment on whether wife should partake.
Old 11-06-2010 | 03:27 PM
whalebird
Race Car

Cast iron is really the only way to go...it just smokes up the house so bad. Too late for the wife, she's in third trimester.
Old 11-06-2010 | 05:18 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rusnak
I keep a cast iron skillet for restaurant quality steaks in,a hurry. Quick sear both sides and finish in the oven at med high heat.

Absolutely no comment on whether wife should partake.
That's a good method for beef tenderloin and has been used on occasion round these parts when the propane runs out.
Old 11-06-2010 | 05:33 PM
whalebird
Race Car

+1 muss. I got a smooth top range last year that I'm not so sure I'm happy with, but I'm not supposed to use cast iron on top of it. So the wife wants to can the dutch oven, skillets etc. I cried NOOOOO. I can use them on the gas burner on the grill (thats now out of gas). I like the dutch oven because it is so good as a deep fryer. Sometimes I fry shrimp like that and its the only way. Filet is superb in a cast iron skillet for sure.
Old 11-06-2010 | 08:30 PM
1BlinkGone
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
I made the mistake that I thought I was speaking to the same sort of gentlemen that are over at the 997 forum...

wow tough bunch here. How about that Kobe steak?

Thanks for the non-help. Highly valued. Maybe the question was just too tough for you.

Quick Reply: OT: repaint for vehicle