Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

The Line Starts Here... Rauh Welt in America

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 06:46 AM
Scottie
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raspberryroadster
hey scottie....i'm an old guy, still love muscle mods & 2yrs out of a (575rwhp) cobra. now america roadster sold - it was nice (great for road trips but a vert with 250 at the crank will not be missed ), & as we are now 90% committed to moving back to japan likely go into highly modified 911....(not sure can afford rwb) or strong contenders would be mid 90's skyline twin turbo, alfa romeo gta (early 2000's, outstanding from 1st hand experience).

i have been a rwb fan since i 1st went to japan (1996) & became familiar with tuner market - culture there, substantially different & deeper than USA....and
rwb's founder & the sub contractors/suppliers that work with him are a big part of it.

good luck with your build, no question it will be outstanding.....there is no way this guy would lose face offshore. ( gombatte, ne...anato-wa, nihon go hanashimaska?)
Arigatō, watashi wa tashika ni shiyou to shimasu. Watashi wa kiwadatte kotonaru koto ga sukide, watashi wa watashi no kuruma ga watashi no seikaku o han'ei suru yō ni shimasu. Zan'nen'nagara, watashi wa hobo jūbun'na nihongo o hanasanai. Watashi wa, doitsu-go, itaria-go, sukoshi supein-go furansu-go o hanasu.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:45 AM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It just occured to me that I could get the 924S over to S. cali for a makeover. The paint is already faded to a fuzzy matte finish.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by whalebird
It just occured to me that I could get the 924S over to S. cali for a makeover. The paint is already faded to a fuzzy matte finish.
Slap some oversized fenders on that puppy and you're good to go!
Old 11-05-2010, 12:57 PM
whalebird
Race Car

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Slap some oversized fenders on that puppy and you're good to go!
Puppy it is. A real poodle.
Fenders would offer a ton of options for the oversize wheels, and when I exceed the grip in my flatout time attack, I will need one of those tri-plane Red Baron wings on the back.

A little "where's Waldo"...Look for the early Carrera in the rauh welt blog with the extension-ladder wing.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:43 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Woohooo! A project build!

DB, I didn't see the video with the snake. Tell me you guys didn't BBQ and eat it.

Costco Pepsi machines are really nice now, with white led lights.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:39 PM
whalebird
Race Car

wait, I was sending the 24 back to Germany to have the factory fix it up in their classic resto depatment. It is my way of spiteing the factory for their short sighted econo box offerings. Maybe their pain would be endowed by sending it to welt-sei first...

I knew somebody smart was behind Costco's slick operations. Maybe Ed you can get them to stock the 435/22-19 tires I'm going to need for this Audi-san hatchback build.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Black930
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just curious if anyone knows the translation on what the rwb cars are selling for? I saw www.carsensor.net from raspberryroadsters post and was just wondering what the prices are and how much difference in price they are compared to what we have here? I know they are expensive but was just looking for actual figures. thank you.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by raspberryroadster
time for 3rd brakelight delete!
Is that what is causing the overload? May have to put a meter on the thing and see what it's drawing...

Yeah, that was me. After spending all day installing an awesome ice making system at the Costco in Honolulu. They're getting ready to unveil the best ice in Hawaii.

I was going to be done working tomorrow, but pushed my flight back to Saturday to work another day.
I was so gonna ask if you were selling ice to hawaiians. No, not the kind that will get you a visit from Dog the Bounty Hunter, but the cold kind. Next you will be in Alaska selling sunshine to Eskimos.

And NO, we did not eat the snake! Played with it for a while then turned it loose. Well, the drunk Lucian played with it. Me, no.

this is my son jumping into what used to be the stream running through Roger's back yard. Since Tomas, it's just a muddy landslide....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krML8RXPkto
Old 11-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

I did just get a order for two huge ice bins.....shipping to a state prison in Wasilla, AK. So it seems Eskimoes do need ice.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:06 PM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scottie
Arigatō, watashi wa tashika ni shiyou to shimasu. Watashi wa kiwadatte kotonaru koto ga sukide, watashi wa watashi no kuruma ga watashi no seikaku o han'ei suru yō ni shimasu. Zan'nen'nagara, watashi wa hobo jūbun'na nihongo o hanasanai. Watashi wa, doitsu-go, itaria-go, sukoshi supein-go furansu-go o hanasu.
pm sent
Old 11-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

I did just get a order for two huge ice bins.....shipping to a state prison in Wasilla, AK. So it seems Eskimoes do need ice.
Ed, on his next install trip: "I can see Russia from my ice machine."

Old 11-06-2010, 10:01 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It looks more and more like California, comrade.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:54 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

No she-ite
Old 11-07-2010, 01:45 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

No she-ite

Glad you are home safe. I just linked your Ruby Redux thread to a Racedeck thread in OT. Don't be surprised if random strangers start requesting assistance with rebuilds.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:02 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Thanks, just landed in SD. I'll check the thread out.

Quick Reply: The Line Starts Here... Rauh Welt in America