Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

The Line Starts Here... Rauh Welt in America

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 02:29 AM
Scottie
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Line Starts Here... Rauh Welt in America

Freedom, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness the Rauh-Welt way. RWB is now Red, White and Blue.

I know many of us have waited a very long time for this to materialize, so here it is...

Who wants to join me in being the first to have an AUTHENTIC Rauh-Welt car in North America, built by the legendary Japanese tuner Nakai-san?

Years in the works, I have finally convinced Akira Nakai to come to the USA to do my car and several others.

If you look at the official Rauh-Welt blog,(http://rauhwelt.blog8.fc2.com) you will see my slate grey RUF RCT EVO powered 964 cab with the 993 top, as an upcoming project. Who else wants to live the RWB dream and take his own car to the consummate height of Porsche styling?

This is your only opportunity to have a chance to possess one of the most exclusive Porsches on the planet, created by one of the most reclusive and talented Porsche tuners in the world.

Not for the faint of heart, nor shallow pockets.

Pm me for further details or any questions.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Scottie; 11-02-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:35 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

I'd say popping for a site sponsorship is in order.

Personally, If I wanted to spend another chunk of money on an air-cooled 911, I'd go with these guys. They're already here:

www.SingerVehicleDesign.com
Old 11-02-2010, 02:48 AM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't read Kanji, nor can I see much of those cars, what with the crazy camera angles and all.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:48 AM
GT9111
Burning Brakes

Given appreciating yen vs USD (actually any currency vs USD), RWB conversions are expensive!!
Old 11-02-2010, 07:03 AM
Scottie
Intermediate

Mr. Hughes,

Sir, I'm not a company, just an individual enthusiast who managed to procure an opportunity that I thought others may want to share in.

Last edited by Scottie; 11-02-2010 at 02:11 PM. Reason: To be more cordial.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:05 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scottie
Freedom, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness the Rauh-Welt way. RWB is now Red, White and Blue.

I know many of us have waited a very long time for this to materialize, so here it is...

Who wants to join me in being the first to have an AUTHENTIC Rauh-Welt car in North America, built by the legendary Japanese tuner Nakai-san?

Years in the works, I have finally convinced Akira Nakai to come to the USA to do my car and several others.

If you look at the official Rauh-Welt blog,(http://rauhwelt.blog8.fc2.com) you will see my slate grey RUF RCT EVO powered 964 cab with the 993 top, as an upcoming project. Who else wants to live the RWB dream and take his own car to the consummate height of Porsche styling?

This is your only opportunity to have a chance to possess one of the most exclusive Porsches on the planet, created by one of the most reclusive and talented Porsche tuners in the world.

Not for the faint of heart, nor shallow pockets.

Pm me for further details or any questions.
as you are in canada.....why not just import them (plus 15 yrs old & they qualify.
i think there are used rauh welt begriffs on the market......like this 1at the rauh welt lot in the kansai...(i believe they act as a reseller of their own cars).
buying "power & mods on the hoof" is always cheaper than diy, no?

http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/det...ml?TRCD=200002

almost got to his shop ealier this yr., but my wife could not get away from the short term contract she had taken in order to make the day trip & need her for translation as my japanese is too weak to carry on extensive conversation.

i am a big fan of his style, good luck

by the by the latest edition of "Eurotuner" features 1 of his cars (green rsr)
on the cover & inside a 3 page article, interview with Nakai-san.

if any interest might be readable if i scan/donwload it, send me a pm
Old 11-02-2010, 11:13 AM
whalebird
Race Car

That Singer is a special car...thats my lottery winnings.
Good luck to the OP, Those RWB cars are unique.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Scottie
@ Ed Hughes

Dude, I'm not a company, just an individual enthusiast who managed to procure an opportunity that I thought others may want to share in.
"Dude", that looked like a blatant solicitation. Probably not many takers in such an "opportunity" here, IMO.

BTW, no "@" needed in my name.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Scottie
Intermediate

Edited for Mr. Hughes:

I am having Mr. Akira Nakai of RAUH-Welt come to the USA to complete a RWB transformation on my Porsche, and I was inquiring as to how many other Rennlisters, may like to have their car transformed as well, while he is here. I, by the way, am receiving no compensation for passing this information on.

Last edited by Scottie; 11-02-2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: awaiting Mr. Hughes approval
Old 11-02-2010, 01:29 PM
whalebird
Race Car

Where is the work being done? Will he make the parts here, or have them shipped over? I ask because this is a interesting project. Are there any motor/chassis modifications worth mentioning?
Old 11-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Scottie
Intermediate

The work is being done in California. The are fabricating the parts in Japan, then shipping them over. Yes, there is RWB suspension being installed; what exactly that consists of I'm not entirely sure, coilovers for sure, but beyond that, I have no idea what he has planned for me. As far as engine tuning goes, I opted to not have anything done in that area as I have managed to obtain a RUF RCT EVO engine and tranny that will power this beast.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:59 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Wouldn't you call him Akira-san, not Nakai-san? Maybe if he was your employer I could see that. Or Nakai-sensei if he was your teacher. But as a customer, Akira-san should do.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Scottie
Intermediate

I'm not really sure, that is the nickname I was told to call him or refer to him. I'm not all that familiar with Japanese customs.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:17 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

He must use that as his moniker then, probably started as a sign of deference.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:28 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

The -san is the equivalent of adding Mr. to a western name.

Japanese are always deferential until the sake flows...... This it is game-ON, rusnak-san

Quick Reply: The Line Starts Here... Rauh Welt in America