Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   911 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/911-forum-56/)
-   -   The Line Starts Here... Rauh Welt in America (https://rennlist.com/forums/911-forum/599509-the-line-starts-here-rauh-welt-in-america.html)

Scottie 11-02-2010 02:29 AM

The Line Starts Here... Rauh Welt in America

1 Attachment(s)
Freedom, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness the Rauh-Welt way. RWB is now Red, White and Blue.

I know many of us have waited a very long time for this to materialize, so here it is...

Who wants to join me in being the first to have an AUTHENTIC Rauh-Welt car in North America, built by the legendary Japanese tuner Nakai-san?

Years in the works, I have finally convinced Akira Nakai to come to the USA to do my car and several others.

If you look at the official Rauh-Welt blog,(http://rauhwelt.blog8.fc2.com) you will see my slate grey RUF RCT EVO powered 964 cab with the 993 top, as an upcoming project. Who else wants to live the RWB dream and take his own car to the consummate height of Porsche styling?

This is your only opportunity to have a chance to possess one of the most exclusive Porsches on the planet, created by one of the most reclusive and talented Porsche tuners in the world.

Not for the faint of heart, nor shallow pockets.

Pm me for further details or any questions.

Ed Hughes 11-02-2010 02:35 AM

I'd say popping for a site sponsorship is in order.

Personally, If I wanted to spend another chunk of money on an air-cooled 911, I'd go with these guys. They're already here:

www.SingerVehicleDesign.com

rusnak 11-02-2010 02:48 AM

I can't read Kanji, nor can I see much of those cars, what with the crazy camera angles and all.

GT9111 11-02-2010 02:48 AM

Given appreciating yen vs USD (actually any currency vs USD), RWB conversions are expensive!!

Scottie 11-02-2010 07:03 AM

Mr. Hughes,

Sir, I'm not a company, just an individual enthusiast who managed to procure an opportunity that I thought others may want to share in.

raspberryroadster 11-02-2010 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Scottie (Post 8021919)
Freedom, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness the Rauh-Welt way. RWB is now Red, White and Blue.

I know many of us have waited a very long time for this to materialize, so here it is...

Who wants to join me in being the first to have an AUTHENTIC Rauh-Welt car in North America, built by the legendary Japanese tuner Nakai-san?

Years in the works, I have finally convinced Akira Nakai to come to the USA to do my car and several others.

If you look at the official Rauh-Welt blog,(http://rauhwelt.blog8.fc2.com) you will see my slate grey RUF RCT EVO powered 964 cab with the 993 top, as an upcoming project. Who else wants to live the RWB dream and take his own car to the consummate height of Porsche styling?

This is your only opportunity to have a chance to possess one of the most exclusive Porsches on the planet, created by one of the most reclusive and talented Porsche tuners in the world.

Not for the faint of heart, nor shallow pockets.

Pm me for further details or any questions.

as you are in canada.....why not just import them (plus 15 yrs old & they qualify.
i think there are used rauh welt begriffs on the market......like this 1at the rauh welt lot in the kansai...(i believe they act as a reseller of their own cars).
buying "power & mods on the hoof" is always cheaper than diy, no?

http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/det...ml?TRCD=200002

almost got to his shop ealier this yr., but my wife could not get away from the short term contract she had taken in order to make the day trip & need her for translation as my japanese is too weak to carry on extensive conversation.

i am a big fan of his style, good luck

by the by the latest edition of "Eurotuner" features 1 of his cars (green rsr)
on the cover & inside a 3 page article, interview with Nakai-san.

if any interest might be readable if i scan/donwload it, send me a pm

whalebird 11-02-2010 11:13 AM

That Singer is a special car...thats my lottery winnings.
Good luck to the OP, Those RWB cars are unique.

Ed Hughes 11-02-2010 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Scottie (Post 8022051)
@ Ed Hughes

Dude, I'm not a company, just an individual enthusiast who managed to procure an opportunity that I thought others may want to share in.

"Dude", that looked like a blatant solicitation. Probably not many takers in such an "opportunity" here, IMO.

BTW, no "@" needed in my name. :rolleyes:

Scottie 11-02-2010 01:16 PM

Edited for Mr. Hughes:

I am having Mr. Akira Nakai of RAUH-Welt come to the USA to complete a RWB transformation on my Porsche, and I was inquiring as to how many other Rennlisters, may like to have their car transformed as well, while he is here. I, by the way, am receiving no compensation for passing this information on.

whalebird 11-02-2010 01:29 PM

Where is the work being done? Will he make the parts here, or have them shipped over? I ask because this is a interesting project. Are there any motor/chassis modifications worth mentioning?

Scottie 11-02-2010 01:44 PM

The work is being done in California. The are fabricating the parts in Japan, then shipping them over. Yes, there is RWB suspension being installed; what exactly that consists of I'm not entirely sure, coilovers for sure, but beyond that, I have no idea what he has planned for me. As far as engine tuning goes, I opted to not have anything done in that area as I have managed to obtain a RUF RCT EVO engine and tranny that will power this beast.

rusnak 11-02-2010 01:59 PM

Wouldn't you call him Akira-san, not Nakai-san? Maybe if he was your employer I could see that. Or Nakai-sensei if he was your teacher. But as a customer, Akira-san should do.

Scottie 11-02-2010 02:09 PM

I'm not really sure, that is the nickname I was told to call him or refer to him. I'm not all that familiar with Japanese customs.

rusnak 11-02-2010 02:17 PM

He must use that as his moniker then, probably started as a sign of deference.

User 4221 11-02-2010 02:28 PM

The -san is the equivalent of adding Mr. to a western name.

Japanese are always deferential until the sake flows...... This it is game-ON, rusnak-san :)