Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Fuel Pump Woes

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 11:49 AM
2specs
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whalebird
I have a collection of thin wrenches from the Park bicycle company. They are individual open ended "cone wrenches" and available at most well equiped bicycle stores in a variety of sizes. They come in real handy - I use them for fastening the chuck on my die-grinder as well. My snap-on guy can order them but seldom has the sizes I need, and for the periodic usage they see, them being readily available and cheap$$ from a bike shop suits me. Just a little FYI.
The guy at the auto parts store said the same thing to me yesterday. Well, the pump is now on and working fine. I was able to tighten it enough without the other wrench. Anyone doing this wants to make sure you order two new copper washers.

As far as the cold low idle it is still there so it doesn't appear to be the check valve on the old pump that was causing the issue.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:46 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by whalebird
The pump has two different sized nuts/studs for the wires IIRC. They cannot be reversed if everything is original. Maybe a 8/10mm, or 6/8, or 7/10mm. Help me out rusnak.
I'm sort of drawing a blank on this one. I don't remember why it seemed so routine to me when I replaced mine two years ago.

I also have several Park Bicycle wrenches. They are SURPRISINGLY well made, considering they are made for bikes. Performance Bike has a local store, and it was faster to buy from them at the time, rather than go through McMaster.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:42 PM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Park makes pretty good stuff. They have a cool pizza cutter too. Seems like I have an old crank puller that doubles nicely as an A/C clutch puller as well.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:05 PM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Low idle when cold can be the result of AAR that may need adjustment

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...djustment.html

John
Old 07-08-2010, 11:42 PM
2specs
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GothingNC