Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

1986 911 Carrera

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 08:18 PM
PNine64
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 1986 911 Carrera

No affiliation and not in the market but thought it seemed like a good price (if everything written is accurate). What do you guys think?

http://dayton.craigslist.org/pts/1755563619.html
Old 06-04-2010, 09:38 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks, Travis

The MAF setup looks "interesting".
Old 06-04-2010, 09:57 PM
PNine64
Pro

Yeah...I saw that...certainly not factory. Thought it might be a solid starting point for someone though. I figured if the AC works and all the service records were there it might be a good sign. or a scam? If someone digs into this and wants me to take a look (for what ever that's worth) let me know.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:38 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

If that car checked even half decently and is not a scam it would be a great deal .. even if you spend 10 Grand into it your still driving a Carrera for 17 . if I was looking for a car I would be all over that .. I mean the engine has to be close to worth that alone if it works !!

Last edited by theiceman; 06-09-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:51 PM
deadhead1960
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SCAM.....very obvious
Old 06-08-2010, 10:02 PM
LShemtob
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

notice that theres no number listed........scam.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:00 PM
PNine64
Pro

Well, having not played with a scammer before I figured I'd give it a whirl. The correspondence is below. Anyone know how to scam this scammer? J/K Enjoy!!

Subject: RE: **#**1986 PORSCHE 911 CARRERA**#** Urgent for Sale - $6499(dayton)
To:
Date: Tuesday, June 8, 2010, 7:20 AM

The car is already at the shipping company in Reno , NV ready for shipping.
I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through eBay Vehicle Protection Program.
I'm very busy with my job and I'm out of town ( i am doctor in US Army , deployed in Afghanistan now ) so I can't meet you in person , this is the reason why I chose to sell my car on the Internet. According with the eBay you have 5 days after you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
Here is how it will work:
1.First of all I will need the following details from you:
- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address
2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay.
3. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices. You will receive the invoice with the details on how to make a refundable payment.
4. eBay will contact me and I will ship the car to you. After you receive the car you will have 5 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to the car. If you will decide to buy, then I will get money from ebay .
5. If you will decide that you do not buy the car, eBay will refund your payment and I will contact shipping company to pick up my car from your address . If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the necessary info so that we can proceed. I look forward to hearing from you .

Thank you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: barbaradgledhill@msn.com
Subject: Re: **#**1986 PORSCHE 911 CARRERA**#** Urgent for Sale - $6499(dayton)
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 20:53:36 +0000

I would like to stop by to take a look at it. Could you let me know where it is located? Do you have a phone number you could provide?

Thank you, Travis

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 20:47:00 +0000
To:
Subject: RE: **#**1986 PORSCHE 911 CARRERA**#** Urgent for Sale - $6499 (dayton)

First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my car. I sell it at this price because i have just finished with my divorce . The divorce was finished six months ago and the car is mine now . After the divorce I had to buy a new house .
Following the financial crisis I can not afford to pay the bank and I decided to sell the car.
This car is in excellent working conditions, with no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage. The car comes with a clear title in my name .
The VIN is WP0AB0916GS121303 , you can check it on carfax. The car has 136009 miles.
From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I only request a secure pay method , I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services.
We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated with eBay and I have a purchase protection account.
The final price that I want for this car is $6350. I will support shipping costs.
If you are interested in buying the car , please give me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through eBay.
I will wait your answer(if you are interested to buy) very soon.
You can see more photos here : http://s806.photobucket.com/albums/y...baradgledhill/

Dr Barbara Gledhill
Old 06-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Well, at least the Africans are getting better translators.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:31 AM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

FWIW, I saw this same car listed in the Oklahoma City CL.....

Their English seems to be getting much better
Old 06-09-2010, 01:22 AM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Now we wouldn't want to look ignorant and offend all Africans? Thats like saying the Asians...I am pretty sure Japanese, Chinese, Koreans,.... they love to be lumped together. So lets be a little more specific..Nigerians? Maybe they got so smart they outsourced the translating to the Indians...Asian-Indians not Native Americans (dots not feathers).
abe
Old 06-09-2010, 01:26 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by abe
Now we wouldn't want to look ignorant and offend all Africans? Thats like saying the Asians...I am pretty sure Japanese, Chinese, Koreans,.... they love to be lumped together. So lets be a little more specific..Nigerians? Maybe they got so smart they outsourced the translating to the Indians...Asians not Native Americans.
abe
I certainly don't want to offend all Africans, nor all Nigerians. I was simply noting that most of these scams do tend to come out of Africa. The perps there are who I refer to as "the Africans".
Old 06-09-2010, 10:12 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

The Nigerians obviously fired the chineese tanslators .. !

Thank you very muchly and god bless your families
Old 06-09-2010, 11:02 AM
jmazz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, I have been corresponding with the same scammer. I usually don't even look twice at half price vehicles since they are usually scams but this ad was so well written that I took a shot. I asked the good doctor if she'd be willing to lower the price to $4k but haven't heard back.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:46 PM
PNine64
Pro

Originally Posted by jmazz
LOL, I have been corresponding with the same scammer. I usually don't even look twice at half price vehicles since they are usually scams but this ad was so well written that I took a shot. I asked the good doctor if she'd be willing to lower the price to $4k but haven't heard back.
Too funny. That was sort of what I thought. Let us know how that works out for you.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:35 PM
yumyum1667
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting sounds just like a response for a 65 Mustang I was looking at.....notice it is also a "female" that responded.

Hello,
The car is located in Valley City, Ohio and I am selling it at this price ($13700) because i just finished the divorce with my husband. The divorce is finished and I own this car. I work as a dealer on a cruise ship and i want to sell it because I need money for other things. This car is in excellent working condition, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used, in 100% working and looking conditions and comes with a clear title ready for transfer. From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services. Since i am working most of my time, and divorced I want the deal closed only through eBay's Buyer Protection Program in order for me and you to be 100% protected. The final price that I want for this car is $13700. If you will take it for this price, I am willing to handle the shipping. Please get back to me asap if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive payment and shipping details from them.
I will wait your answer very soon only if you are interested to buy because i don't have any free time to waste.
Best Regards,
Diane Stuart

Quick Reply: 1986 911 Carrera