Old 05-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Intercity Lines
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Intercity Lines Enclosed Service

Hello Rennlist Members,

We have found that many customers and forum members are not fully aware of the service that Intercity Lines provides. We would like to take this opportunity to explain and show some photos of the steps Intercity takes in loading a car for transport.

Photo#1 & Photo#2
Upon arrival the drivers will perform a complete walk around inspection, noting VIN# and mileage of vehicle and condition of outside of the vehicle.

Photo#3
Next step will be to place a floor mat in the car and cover the drivers seat with a plastic cover.

Photo#4 & #5 & #6
The vehicle is driven on to the lift gate keeping the car level and lifted up and driven into the transporter.

Photo#7
The vehicle is driven into the transporter. Please note all our transporters are equipped with hardwood floors, drip barriers to protect lower level vehicles from upper level vehicles.

Photo#8
We use only nylon wheel saddles to secure the car down, over the tires only no chains, hooks or tensioners on the frame or undercarriage.

Photo#9
Once the vehicle is completely secured in the transporter we cover the vehicle with a cloth car cover and a plastic cover for added protection.
Attached Images          
1-800-221-3936 x205
jim@intercitylines.com
www.intercitylines.com

'69 MBZ 6.3
'16 Cayenne
'32 Ford highboy, Cadillac powered
Old 05-26-2010, 10:14 PM
Colt45ccg
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW- nice
Old 05-27-2010, 07:57 AM
ricster
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can attest. These guys are the best
Old 05-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Norske
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree. Have used them several times, long before the became Rennlist sponsors. They are great.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:27 AM
Intercity Lines
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

ricster & sinfulsteve,

Thank you for the kind words we appreciate them, but more importantly we appreciate your business. We look forward to assisting you with any futue moves.

Thanks,
Jim
Intercity Lines
www.intercitylines.com
Old 05-27-2010, 12:31 PM
logan2z
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome! Too bad you guys weren't available when I was shipping my car earlier this year The carrier I used was pretty good, but didn't care for the car to the same degree. If I ship a car again, you'll be my first choice.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:37 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used Intercity twice, the first time everything went well, the second time, not so well.

This time we had a one year, nuts and bolts restoration done on a 72 911 and had it shipped from San Diago to Boston. Paid for door to door, enclosed transport. The car was a week late leaving Ca. due to a faulty lift, understandable, of course, but when the car got to Boston, things went down hill.

They called me when they were a half hour out and I went out to wait for them. They drove right past my house with out slowing down. They then called me and said I would have drive two miles up the road to new home development to pick up my car because they could not safely stop in front of my house. When I reminded him that his Company had been here before and loaded and unloaded safely, he said he wasn't !!

So I drove the two miles up IN THE RAIN and retreive my priestin 911, with its freshly restored undercarriage and drove it home, in the rain. His wife, followed me and I had to them drive her back to the truck.

Bottom line, he was tired and he did not want to turn around and come back!
I spent the next 8 hours cleaning the under carriage to bring it back to the level it left the restoration shop.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:23 PM
911Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I used Intercity a couple months ago to ship my car from Colorado to Virginia. A very professional operation and I'd recommend them without hesitation.

Quick Reply: Intercity Lines Enclosed Service