Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Vin Decode/1985 911

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by windsoreight
I plan on pulling the engine and trans and going through both and a full repaint. I am a Service manager and Master tech and have built quite a few cars. I paint all my own cars and have fun doing so. So the only cost for me is parts.
And so it is for many here. I'm not sure how many parts you've priced yet, but these can get expensive. I went through my engine the first time, reusing pistons and cyl's, but doing everything else, to the tune of almost $10K-all work (except machining) by me. I don't even want to think about what my current bump in displacement and compression, as well as twin plugging, is going to end up costing.

Then, there were the suspension projects, and the brake project, and the interior, and the exhaust variations over the years, the 6 sets of wheels over the years to find what I liked, the paintjob, the.........
Old 04-09-2010, 01:20 PM
windsoreight
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I already started pricing parts. I expect to have way more into the car than it is worth. Just like the reast of my cars. I thank that is the defination of insanity.

Quick Reply: Vin Decode/1985 911