Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

1987 Carrera coupe for sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 04:45 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 98 Posts

This guy sounds serious and not one of those time toilets that can bleed you dry. It is obvious he has every intention to do the deal and I expect that as long as the PPI is what he’s looking for, the car is sold.

It is good to see a good car sell for a decent price.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:57 PM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea. I have to agree amjf088. Its good for the industry as a whole when good cars meet good owners.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:16 PM
orthohbb1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I met a guy in British Cloumbia awhile back on a Porsche tour who had a beautiful speed yellow/black 88 911 coupe. Completely stock, two owner car. He paid 32k USD and other tour people were taking him to task for it. He admitted he might have overpaid, but he loved the yellow, car was pristine, and he planned on keeping it forever. I told him to forget what other people think. If he was happy, then it was well bought, and certainly well sold. In my case, I lost money on the upgrades, I thought I would keep the car forever too. This fellow who bought the car is abit younger than I, very excited about it, and I'm happy for him. It was well bought.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:25 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by orthohbb1
The buyer has already paid Power-tech for the PPI via credit card. Im to bring the car over on Monday. He overnighted a cashiers check, so we'll see. But your right a deposite should be non-refundable, and Im a sap. But this buyer and I had a couple of nice phone conversations and you get a sense of a person. Anyway, he's getting a really nice car. I drove it today from where I store it, the thing fits like a glove, damn fine 911. If I had my choice I'd keep it. Good ones are getting harder to find. But.......... the 993TT is the "BOMB"!!!!
Isn't power-tech the shop that you used?
Old 12-11-2009, 11:34 PM
orthohbb1
Intermediate

Yes it is. I gave the buyer several options for the PPI aside from the shop that has serviced the car. He was fine with this shop doing the inspection. I will present the car and let the chips fall.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Scott Lenger
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I met a guy in British Cloumbia awhile back on a Porsche tour who had a beautiful speed yellow/black 88 911 coupe. Completely stock, two owner car. He paid 32k USD and other tour people were taking him to task for it. He admitted he might have overpaid, but he loved the yellow, car was pristine, and he planned on keeping it forever. I told him to forget what other people think. If he was happy, then it was well bought, and certainly well sold. In my case, I lost money on the upgrades, I thought I would keep the car forever too. This fellow who bought the car is abit younger than I, very excited about it, and I'm happy for him. It was well bought.
I think I agree. While these cars are incredibly reliable they still can be expensive and the repair bills can escalate pretty fast when the unexpected arises.

Way back when I bought mine a friend bought another 911 I had passed on - the price was much lower and even though the car looked nice the owner didn't know much about it and had vague answers about maintenance. It just didn't pass the sniff test - I didn't even bother sending for a PPI. My friend skipped the PPI because he thought the car looked clean and was a bargain compared to what I'd just spent. By year two of ownership his total outlay had far exceeded mine.

I'll pay a few $s more for the clean and cared for car every time.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:40 PM
red89
Racer

Originally Posted by Scott Lenger
I'll pay a few $s more for the clean and cared for car every time.
abaluly
I've never heard anyone regret paying more for a low mileage pristine example.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:41 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 113 Posts

Would you be able to post pics to the thread. Did not get to see it.

Thanks!~

Matt
Old 12-16-2009, 10:25 AM
orthohbb1
Intermediate

Default 911 Carrera

Well, The car is SOLD. PPI went very well. The largest issue being a wheel bearing, which Im taking care of. I drove the car, and Im having seller's remorse! That damn car is so tight, responsive and sounds GREAT!. I wish I could keep it. I'll just have to get by with the 993TT. After getting the word out, particularly on this site, helped sell the car . Ive gotten a number of inquiries about it afterwards. Very Cool. The people who know these cars, value them for their excellence, will always be there. Good ones are few and far between. The buyer is getting a solid deal, I got the price I set as fair, everyones happy. Thanks to all Happy Holidays and New Year!!
Old 12-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Trader220
I usually find the offering prices in the monthly Panarama pretty laughable on the high side.
YES! The only good deals are on the 996 GT3s which are regularly appearing now in the $50s.

Well, The car is SOLD. PPI went very well. The largest issue being a wheel bearing, which Im taking care of. I drove the car, and Im having seller's remorse! That damn car is so tight, responsive and sounds GREAT!. I wish I could keep it. I'll just have to get by with the 993TT.
Glad it sold. Hope you can "get by" with that 993TT!
Old 12-16-2009, 05:47 PM
whalebird
Race Car

My deepest condolances on your loss.....NOT. I may have missed something, but how did the out of town buyer find out about it? Was it Ebay after all?
Old 12-17-2009, 09:27 AM
orthohbb1
Intermediate

Default 911

The buyer found my listing on Autotrader. Its interesting, after my E-bay listing expired, with no bids, several people who were watching the auction, have offered me really low ball bids for the car. I can't really blame them everyone likes to get a "deal", me included. Scared money never wins and I was prepared to sit with this car through the winter/spring until I got a fair price. I found a appreciative buyer, who knew these cars and saw value.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:39 AM
whalebird
Race Car

I sold an early 911S a few years back through Autotrader. I had listed it there after a few specific ads in the "Early 911 registry", Hemings, and some local points. the buyer contacted me after seeing the ads in ALL the media and finally pulled the trigger. So, it was not one specific outlet that the car sold through-it was a marketing mix that worked for me. However, my buyer was educated and the car spoke for itself. Congrats on an easy sell. It helps all of us when a good car finds a good home. The Porsche community is a small one really.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Wow sorry for your loss but glad to see you got a price you were pleased with. Looked like a very nice car.

Quick Reply: 1987 Carrera coupe for sale