Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

1987 Carrera coupe for sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 06:21 PM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats a good start orthobb1. Judging by your stable, you know your cars and probably know the shops in your area. Let your favorite indie shops know you want to sell, the indie shops are a epicenter of purchase/sell activity. I suspect they may help broker a deal if they know the car well, especially if they can keep it in their customer base/market. Your looking for the right customer, and you have the right car; the discriminating Carrera buyer will want referances and an endorsement from a knowledgable shop will go a long way.
I wish I was in the market.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:10 PM
orthohbb1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got Dec Panorama and did not make this issue. But the 911s listed for 87-89 are priced right where I am, some with over 100k miles on the clock. So I don't think Im out of the ballpark.Secondly, e-bay has been an interesting place for me over the years. Its certainly more of a buyers perserve than sellers, but Ive bought /sold a number of vehicles/ motorcycles, and have done well. You have to be careful, due diligence is a must, but I can't "paint" the E-Bay site as totally negative. You have to make it work for you. Your right, my local shops know my car, serviced it. Ive done DE classes, and taken part in swaps and tech sessions. The car will go, but I would like to see it cared for by an owner that can appreciate the marque.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Scott Lenger
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beauty! I'd like to think that is a very attractive price for a well sorted clean example with low miles and nice upgrades. I know if I was in the market I'd be looking for the good example rather than the apparent bargain that will cost far more in repairs as the surprises start surfacing.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:36 PM
kevjandon
Racer

Just noticed this one sold over on Pelican this am.

It was listed at $21,800.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...oupe-sale.html
Old 12-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

I usually find the offering prices in the monthly Panarama pretty laughable on the high side.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:45 PM
orthohbb1
Intermediate

The Pelican car certainly looks nice. Its got over 90k miles. But a nice clean example. These cars and their evaluations are so subjective. Color combo plays into price, with the Guards, Black, silver being most desireable. Panorama surprises me, but in looking at the prices of cars similar to mine, I still believe that is fairly priced by comparison. Many of those cars have over 100k miles, etc... Then ofcourse, how sound is the car mechanically, and how well documented is it. My car has seen regular service and I have docs since birth to 46k miles. from 52k to 55k I have owned it with complete records, and upgrades. No stories, which many people value. If I can keep it through the winter, maybe my wife won't notice come spring!
Old 12-10-2009, 05:47 PM
g-50cab
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Tough market right now - some are moving - but many are not
Old 12-10-2009, 09:52 PM
2qwik4u
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 11 Posts
Default I think that price is right on!!

and thats factoring in the current economy. That same car would sell for 29-30k few years back. Be patient you will get 25k.
BTW I live nearby in staten island, would love to stop by and hear your exhaust. I've been shopping around for an exhaust.

thanks, leo
Old 12-11-2009, 01:50 AM
orthohbb1
Intermediate

Leo, I appreciate the kind words. If you want to hear the exhaust, I suggest you come out soon. A fellow from Austin, agreed to my price and said that he is sending a deposite. Im setting up a PPI at Powertech Motors here in Rockaway NJ. The buyer will pay for that with a cc. Until money has exchanged hands, the deal is not done. He understood my upgrades, liked them, and felt that it showed good value. I e-mailed him the records for the car and he was impressed. I knew that the car is a 25-27k car all day long. We'll see out it turns out. I really do wish I could keep her though.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:24 AM
2qwik4u
Rennlist Member

I'm happy for you! I knew it was the right price. Why don't you pm me your phone #. I'll try to come out there this weekend.

Thanks, leo
Old 12-11-2009, 09:55 AM
whalebird
Race Car

I hope it sells. be careful though. When I sold a 911 a few years back I had several people offer deposits and never came through-I had to issue their deposits back which was not a problem, but I would have washed out a lot of speculators if I had stated that the deposit was nonrefundable.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:59 AM
2qwik4u
Rennlist Member

Deposits should always be non refundable, what's the point if they aren't.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:03 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 98 Posts

My fingers are crossed for you. The car really does look to be good value. The potential customer is likely a smarter person than I…
Old 12-11-2009, 10:35 AM
whalebird
Race Car

Thats was my mistake 2quik4u. I didn't state the nonrefundability of the deposits and after a month of sitting on the car and deposit, I would get a sob story from the buyer needing his deposit back. The deposit and purchase was always contingent on an inspection and seemed to allow for one to wiggle out of the purchase. I didn't feel it neccesary to keep somebodys money although I probably could have. If I were to be clear up front, it would have saved me time. No harm, no foul - just a waste of time.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:41 PM
orthohbb1
Intermediate

The buyer has already paid Power-tech for the PPI via credit card. Im to bring the car over on Monday. He overnighted a cashiers check, so we'll see. But your right a deposite should be non-refundable, and Im a sap. But this buyer and I had a couple of nice phone conversations and you get a sense of a person. Anyway, he's getting a really nice car. I drove it today from where I store it, the thing fits like a glove, damn fine 911. If I had my choice I'd keep it. Good ones are getting harder to find. But.......... the 993TT is the "BOMB"!!!!

Quick Reply: 1987 Carrera coupe for sale