Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Victory Motorcars / my view

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by BLEW911
How did they find out your identity? Did PP or Rennlist give up this information?
Thanks for the information.
They didnt, they sent it via the email function on the board. They dont know my personal info
Old 11-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

A few years ago I sold a 90 C2 to Victory, Frankly I got what I felt was a decent price for it, money was wired right into my account. The only creepy thing was the wreck of a car hauler that was sent to pick up the car. It was an open hauler that could carry 2 cars and pulled by a Pickup truck.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:53 PM
Brads911sc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you flew to Texas, had a good PPI done at Protechnik... why did you buy a car that was mis-represented? I wouldnt buy a car that was not as advsertised... If you didnt fly to texas, drive it, and have a PPI done at a place that is good... then how can you possibly complain? Dont mean to be harsh... I have no axe to grind and wouldnt care if VMC went out of business tomorrow... but sounds like alot of buyers want it both ways to me...

Originally Posted by Scott C
It is quite simple. Where there's smoke, there's fire. The guy uses strong arm tactics when people complain about the car being mis-represented. Example? When people post their experiences on public forums and then receive letters from VMC's attorneys.

Mis-represented? Stating the car is flawless and a body/paint guy will find no flaws with it. Then, upon inspection by the buyer, obvious impact damage is found. How is that not mis-representation?

If you don't mind giving the guy your hard earned money and being yelled at when trying to negotiate, then go ahead and give him your money.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:29 AM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Brads911sc
If you flew to Texas, had a good PPI done at Protechnik... why did you buy a car that was mis-represented? I wouldnt buy a car that was not as advsertised... If you didnt fly to texas, drive it, and have a PPI done at a place that is good... then how can you possibly complain? Dont mean to be harsh... I have no axe to grind and wouldnt care if VMC went out of business tomorrow... but sounds like alot of buyers want it both ways to me...
Luckily I live in TX so the commute wasn't an issue. PPI was done (under much push-back by Robert). My issue is with the ensuing discussion that occurred once the faults were surfaced. Trying to negotiate with somebody who begins screaming when asked a few questions is tough to do.

Ultimately, things were worked out via price movement but the buying experience was terrible. I got lucky in that the car was solid otherwise and bought it, however, it could have been a huge waste of time if we couldn't reach agreement (after much screaming).

The best advice I can offer is to be prepared for a very involved, arduous buying process with Robert. He will try to highly accentuate the positive while addressing the negative with abusive, aggressive tactics. Some call it salesmanship, others call it misrepresentation. Being in sales myself, I would classify it as misrepresentation. Oh yeah, and don't get me started on the Bait & Switch he pulls with his inventory.

In the end, I expect a very fairly represented car, warts and all so they can decide to expend effort in travel and diligence. I can deal with it. I expect most people here want the same.

Fool me once, shame on me..... There won't be a second time.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:01 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 81 Posts

If you flew to Texas, had a PPI done, paid premium because of low mileage/service records and then found that they were falsified, would you feel OK about it? You see, that's the rub...

Sure, you might argue that if the PPI is good, who cares about mileage etc. However, that would count in my book and for that reason, I will never deal with anyone who is not being honest with me, whether dealer or private sale. I think that it where the difference lies between my view and the view that VMC is just another source for cars and a good PPI is all you need.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:32 AM
vulcan300
Intermediate

I didn't expect this topic would catch my eye for a first post :-)

I've had the displeasure of seeing two VMC specials in my shop. Both were Ebay purchases made by owners with stars in their eyes that were told they were getting prime cosmetic and mechanical specimens. Both cars were purchased for rather high prices as the owners thought hey were getting great cars and in both cases they didn't do PPI (their fault entirely) and instead went on the word of the VMC staffers they dealt with.

The second and most recent car was a cosmetically gorgeous mid 80s 911 Cab, but a mechanical mess. Al the oil lines hard as rock, with oil pouring through a failed case half seal. On top of that it had cold start and electrical issues. If the car had one or two little mechanical issues I'd say the owner got a good deal. Instead he's now in for some pricey work to reseal the case, replace oil lines, diagnose and fix electrical and cold start issues and potentially more.

Sending the car back to VMC is a very difficult proposition as it had already been imported. And when I told the owner to immediately report all of these issues to VMC he was told that the car was "in perfect mechanical condition" when it was shipped and that they wouldn't take the car back and refund his money. When pushed much harder he was told that at most he'd get 5K back.. 5K is a start but doesn't come close to the work he now has to pay for.

I agree that the buyer must take a good portion of the blame if they don't go down in person and do a PPI. But the in this case the seller sold a pile of dung priced and polished like a diamond. That's dishonest to the extreme and unacceptable. Now I tell anyone who will listen to steer clear of these thieves.

J
Old 11-29-2009, 10:14 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,038 Likes on 738 Posts

.... and there you have it ...... once again .... :-)

PS where is harmony Road Porsche ?

Coincidentally we have a Harmony Road Just the other side of Toronto ..
Old 11-30-2009, 02:05 AM
vulcan300
Intermediate

Thinking back, that car had a quite a few other issues I didn't even mention.. It was a beautifully polished turd...

It's on Harmony Road, deep in the heart of farm country north of Oshawa. So you hit the nail on the head Iceman :-)
Old 11-30-2009, 10:50 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Hey that's great .. at least I know of another spot now if I break down on the way to Mosport .. :-)

You should post on the Canadian Forum .. very active in TO and surrounding area.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:43 PM
vulcan300
Intermediate

That's impossible...as we all know Porsche's never break down :-) We'd love to see you and your wheels at our shop.

I'll be sure to post to the Canadian forum.

J
Old 11-30-2009, 08:02 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

hmm good point had it 5 years and the only engine damage was self inflicted ..
Old 11-30-2009, 09:39 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes,.."beautully polished turds"...couldn't have said it better myself....

..you get what you deserve..........?

PPI,.....PPI,....PPI,....forget the "screaming"///////WTF?

Best,
Old 02-28-2014, 11:40 PM
d3drturner
AutoX

Default Service, Integrity, Trust

I like the how they have "Service, Integrity, Trust" in big bold undeniable letters in the background on their ebay ads. Do they still have turnip trucks from which one can fall in Texas? These guys are some piece of work, but at least they're driving up the price of used 911s, by polishing up those "turds."
Old 12-27-2014, 07:51 PM
Polar Silver 993
AutoX

Default Victory Motorcars

Here is my VMC story.

Called VMC on 2/20/2013 asked about a red 95 993, was told it was there in stock.
Commercial flight and rental car acquired.

Arrived 2/21/2013 was informed that car had been sold weeks ago.
Looked at other cars in the lot. I drove 3 different cars.
Decided to buy a 1996 993 with 66k miles.
This car drove great, but had been repainted years before.
Had a small area of the fender that had been reworked.
The magnet I carried showed no bondo. Had new tires and service completed.
Autocheck showed clear title, 3 owners.

Maintenance history and books were provided.
I was able to negotiate the very high price but still a little too much.
I was in no means pressured into the purchased of this vehicle.

I have done some work on this car and its very easy to work on.
Its been a great car and runs great!
Clear title in hand.

September 13 2014 decided to trade on a newer Carrera S.
That dealer used Carfax not Autocheck to check my car.

My Carfax report showed "Salvaged".
I also found out the maintenance books for my car were not for my car!
My fault for not noticing?

Contacted Robert Neal. Very elusive with his answers.

I contacted the National Insurance Crime Bureau (www.nicb.org).
I was informed Carfax was correct and Autocheck in error.

My only complaint is the vehicle was advertised as a clean Carfax, but I was provided with an Autocheck report. Also the maintenance book issue.

Many emails later I have started the process of filing complaints.
I don't expect much.

I have a friend who purchased a 993 five years ago from VMC and its been a great car.
Buyer Beware!
Old 12-27-2014, 09:57 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

^^^
Texas is known for title washing. You are guaranteed a washed title when you buy from Victory. The stories abound.

Welcome to rennlist, though.

Quick Reply: Victory Motorcars / my view