Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

Looks like the competition is 'heating up', as those on the 'Dark Side' are
finally finding another choice and 'The One' might not be the only one:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ip-option.html
Old 09-30-2009, 11:12 AM
Dave Thomas
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know why you have to turn everything into a fight, Loren. Rennlist and Pelican are both valid forums. Steve's chip and Russell's chip are both quality products; they just perform differently. I don't know how old you are, but it's time to grow up and play nice with the other boys.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Lorenfb, where were you?

https://rennlist.com/forums/911-foru...oop-smoke.html

....and by the way, I have downloaded software off the interweb that has allowed me to clearly see that chips are different. Science, not fiction....Who knew. I can point you in the right direction if you are at all interested.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:06 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm saving up my pennies for a Douglas Bray chip!
Old 09-30-2009, 04:49 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've just returned from 3 days at Gingerman Raceway. I had the opportunity to run both the stock map and Russell's 93 Octane map. There is a difference.

I chose 3 turns to check my exit speeds. On all three, I was able to achieve 2 - 3mph faster using the 93map vs. stock. My butt-dyno said I had more power in the low and mid-rpm range.

On Turn 3, I shift into 2nd and just as I complete tracking out I shift into 3rd. I was consistently in the red there. Lots of power and I appreciated the change in the rev limiter. It gave me an extra split second to get the car settled before I had to shift.

My first run after switching from stock to 93, I spun out in Turn 10. The extra power let me overthrottle and get out in the marbles and into the grass. I guess that's good

I never ran the 91 program, so I can't compare. But there's a happy improvement with the 93 over stock.

Gingerman is a fantastic track... it's very technical and I made a Superman sized leap in my skills there. But the best thing about it: short straights and if the turbos want to pass me, they have to earn it in the turns, not the straights. With my car, my newly-acquired throttle-steering skills, and Russell's chip... I was able to keep one step ahead of the Turbos most all the time. WOO HOO!!! It's a dream come true.

So, guys, today is the last day of September. What are you waiting for?

Quick Reply: RUSSELL BERRY CHIP.....FINALLY!!!