Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

So who here is going to the Monterey Historics??

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 12:05 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts
Default So who here is going to the Monterey Historics??

We were having a few laughs on the Friday drive warning thread, but I've not heard anyone here pipe up that they are going. Beuller? Anyone?

I'm headed up Thurs nite and am signed up for the Pelican Wine run. I'll be at the track in the Porsche Corral on Saturday and we've got a group of 20+ set for beers and dinner Saturday nite. On the road toward home Sunday morning.

I'll be trailering the car up (no A/C, rock hard suspension-two fused discs, need for 93+ octane) and will be staying in Salinas Friday and Saturday nites.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:39 AM
David911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be there. Driving down Wed, staying at a house in Carmel.

Here are my events:

Thurs:PCA Panamera event, Pebble Beach Tour d'elegance
Fri: Pelican Wine Tour
Sat: Races (not in the corral, too much $)
Sun: Races (probably not the entire day)
Mon: Home

I might go to some auctions as well, as long as they are free. Also will check out retro auto exhibit.

I'll be driving my 88 911 coupe.

David
Old 07-30-2009, 01:08 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by David911
I'll be there. Driving down Wed, staying at a house in Carmel.

Here are my events:

Thurs:PCA Panamera event, Pebble Beach Tour d'elegance
Fri: Pelican Wine Tour
Sat: Races (not in the corral, too much $)
Sun: Races (probably not the entire day)
Mon: Home

I might go to some auctions as well, as long as they are free. Also will check out retro auto exhibit.

I'll be driving my 88 911 coupe.

David
The PCA Corral parking is worth every penny to have your car in a safe place and not in a dirt lot all day. It was only $45 or 50, and included a T-shirt. It seems to me I paid a few $ to park my rental car in the dirt last time-the car was filthy and it was a few inches higher than my 911.....
Old 07-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Hooverwi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be at the track on sat, no car, flying out from WI. I'll try and stop down by the corral!
Old 07-30-2009, 12:23 PM
tone40
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I am going as well. But, I will be there a bit longer.

I am staying in Pacific Grove for a week starting the Monday eve. Seeing the Concours on the Blvd. on Tuesday, Pelican Tour on Friday, Races on Saturday. I plan to throw in a few other touristy things in between (golf, whale watching). I will be driving my Boxster top down up Highway 1 on Monday.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:49 PM
TT Oversteer
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I'll be there Sat and Sun in the Porsche Corral. Looking forward to meeting some of you and your cars! Info on the website was vague regarding the Corral. I bought admission but haven't received any info re: tickets or entry rules. Do you just show up, park and get the T-shirt? Or do you have to go to will call? Ed or anyone know?
Old 07-31-2009, 07:30 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

I got my race tix from SCRAMP a couple of weeks ago. I cannot remember if I've gotten anything from PCA on the parking. I'll look this weekend when I get back to San Diego.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:06 PM
TT Oversteer
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I just checked my email and found details sent yesterday by the registrar of the PCA events. Corral passes must be in posession prior to entry to Seca. You must pay $25 to have tickets FedEx'ed to you or pick them up at specific locations Thursday or Friday. Motorsport Reg website shows the Corral sold out with a waitlist. It shows me "waitlisted" even though I paid weeks ago.....................kind of cheesy if you ask me but we'll see.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:10 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

I think I remember paying for Fedex and thinking if I order months in advance, why not just mail them-maybe they need to be able to track. I don't think I've seen my parking stuff yet...
Old 08-03-2009, 03:47 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Little more active discussion on the 993 forum, but since I saw an RSVP for the Panamera drive I thought I'd say "hi" and that I'll be there at dawn for that. At the track Friday only with my friends as no one ever got their act together to coordinate bringing the 910 or 907K under-contstructions down. Rest of the weekend is up in the air, depends on who I run into! Probably driving the RS America. Might take the C4S, but it'll be beat on pretty hard on a 3 day track weekend and I might just leave it up there in the garage.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:53 PM
nikkoa
Instructor

I will be going Friday
Old 08-04-2009, 08:41 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Ken

Where did you see the RSVP for the Panamera drive? If there is a link, pls let us know. TIA>
Old 08-05-2009, 08:09 PM
cal44
Burning Brakes

I was going to go.................I hate crowds more than I love Porsches. Shame really, there is going to be quite a show.
Two years ago we went to the Chelsea Flower Show in London..........I only think I saw a flower, or was that a smatering of hair on one of the "millions of people" blocking my friggin' view.............
Old 08-05-2009, 08:23 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mo
Ken

Where did you see the RSVP for the Panamera drive? If there is a link, pls let us know. TIA>
It came via Golden Gate Region email blast. It's waitlisted now. I put the link up on another thread that pretty much died.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:24 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cal44
I was going to go.................I hate crowds more than I love Porsches. Shame really, there is going to be quite a show.
Two years ago we went to the Chelsea Flower Show in London..........I only think I saw a flower, or was that a smatering of hair on one of the "millions of people" blocking my friggin' view.............
Friday isn't crowded. And given what USED to show up for IMSA/CART/etc. (and likely still does for the pro bike races), the facility can handle soooooooooooo many people.

Quick Reply: So who here is going to the Monterey Historics??